Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 05:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well I've just found out that the kit I've picked up is one of the earlier ones...
The bottom shock caps were a pain... until I searched in this thread and found out about the shrinking issues with the earlier parts. So the M2.6 screws certainly are not updated on my kit... but it actually worked well when I screwed them in each hole before building the diff.
Can the new shock bottom caps be ordered somewhere? I live in switzerland...

I've also got a problem with the motor mount as I have got 2 Orion motors (4600kv 540 VST2 4 pole and 5,5t 550 VST2 2 pole) that don't fit because of the to small size of the hole in the mount... luckily I've got a 4,5T 550 Thunder Power that I can use... but I would like to be able to use all motors... is there any fix or update/tuning option for that?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2014, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mclogo
Well I've just found out that the kit I've picked up is one of the earlier ones...
The bottom shock caps were a pain... until I searched in this thread and found out about the shrinking issues with the earlier parts. So the M2.6 screws certainly are not updated on my kit... but it actually worked well when I screwed them in each hole before building the diff.
Can the new shock bottom caps be ordered somewhere? I live in switzerland...

I've also got a problem with the motor mount as I have got 2 Orion motors (4600kv 540 VST2 4 pole and 5,5t 550 VST2 2 pole) that don't fit because of the to small size of the hole in the mount... luckily I've got a 4,5T 550 Thunder Power that I can use... but I would like to be able to use all motors... is there any fix or update/tuning option for that?

Thanks
Call Horizon Hobbies and they'll send you new updated shock caps.

Get the HPI diff screws they make changing the diffs easier and don't strip out since since they use a bigger hex tool. HPIZ449.

I had to open the mount up too to clear the set screw on my pinion. A dremel or drill works great.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Guys, I havent been on this thread in awile and was wondering if TLR makes the new coated shock shafts and hinge pins for the 2.0? Also will the new internals fit the SCTE 2.0 shocks? Thanks
Old 02-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are there any aluminum front spindles available for the 2.0? This is the third one we've broke in the cold weather (indoor). On top of that, the molding of the right side top king pin keeper is terrible on the new ones and strips out; I've gone through a couple of new ones just to get the allen screw in the top hole. The bottoms ones go right in without a problem.

Last edited by ctuinstra; 02-08-2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: bad grammar
Old 02-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcgod
Call Horizon Hobbies and they'll send you new updated shock caps.

Get the HPI diff screws they make changing the diffs easier and don't strip out since since they use a bigger hex tool. HPIZ449.

I had to open the mount up too to clear the set screw on my pinion. A dremel or drill works great.
Thanks!

But HPIZ449 are 2.5x12mm... Is M2.6 2.5mm in diameter?
Old 02-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

broke my rear chassis brace today. Amazing what some super glue can do , I managed to run the rest of the day LOL.

MIP braces ordered.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiRacer33
So I've been really spending a ton of time playing around with this setup on this truck. It never hooked up like the other trucks on the track. Always too much push into the turns and oversteer on the way out. I was running bar codes soft.

Today something happened. I layed down the shocks to Front 2-outside and Rear 2-outside. Front camber link 1 and rear at 2-b. Running diffs at 5k, 5k, 5k. 2mm shim for bump steer. Front shocks at 30, rears at 25. New sticky kicked Super Soft Proline IONs.

For the first time the truck was on rails! It finally clicked. As a newbie, the truck is so much easier to drive now! Had a threat day on the tight indoor hard packed track today!

Stoked. Had to share.
Tried this set-up today and will agree my truck felt like it was on rails. The bad news, I was running a second or so off my typical pace. Tried it for my 3 qualifiers to give it a fair shake. (16/6.01 2nd qual and 16/6.0 3rd qual) Changed back to my normal set-up for my main and ran 17/6.5
(fast guys are a lap ahead of me, thats ok).

My normal set-up is the Drake set up with a couple of minor tweeks.
25w oil f/r, blue/f silver/r, diffs 5/7/3, ride ht 25f/27r.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowspark
Tried this set-up today and will agree my truck felt like it was on rails. The bad news, I was running a second or so off my typical pace. Tried it for my 3 qualifiers to give it a fair shake. (16/6.01 2nd qual and 16/6.0 3rd qual) Changed back to my normal set-up for my main and ran 17/6.5
(fast guys are a lap ahead of me, thats ok).

My normal set-up is the Drake set up with a couple of minor tweeks.
25w oil f/r, blue/f silver/r, diffs 5/7/3, ride ht 25f/27r.
"Drake setup" Where did you find that?
Old 02-09-2014, 02:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

A question regarding the springs:

Do the normal Losi buggy springs fit the shocks?
As I'll be racing the next 4 races indoor on carpet, I would like to be able to lower the ride height to 14mm... If not I would get a new set of tuning springs and cut one coil.

thanks!
Old 02-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

A question regarding the springs:

Do the normal Losi buggy springs fit the shocks?
As I'll be racing the next 4 races indoor on carpet, I would like to be able to lower the ride height to 14mm... If not I would get a new set of tuning springs and cut one coil.

thanks!
No they don't fit. The dia is too small. Best bet is try the MIP springs or cut down losi option springs.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcgod
No they don't fit. The dia is too small. Best bet is try the MIP springs or cut down losi option springs.
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2014, 01:51 PM
dtr
Tech Master

thanks!
You could start with green front springs in the rear. The snr shock towers with the raised shock mounting holes are also great for lowering ride height.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dtr
You could start with green front springs in the rear. The snr shock towers with the raised shock mounting holes are also great for lowering ride height.
I guess green front will be a little hard on the rear with medium bite carpet (the first 3 of 4 races)... but I'll try first with standard setup before cutting the option kit springs. lets see...

Thanks for helping
Old 02-09-2014, 05:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
"Drake setup" Where did you find that?
Sorry for the typo, meant the current Dunford set-up... ooooops
Old 02-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Rookie

I am almost finished building my kit but I have a question. Clear grease was included with the kit and is mentioned in the pictorial legend at the beginning of the manual but all I have to do is finish the shocks and I have not used it.

I just went through the manual again and can't find where it is supposed to be used.

What is it for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.