Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Coming to off road racing from dirt oval runnig Custom Works sprints and latemodels, was a huge change for me, I had done the oval so long that I was just getting used to and learning what to do to them to get the desired resaults. I found if you ask 5 different people how to make the car react a certian way you would get 5 different answers so I would take bits and pieces from them all and make it work for me. I have always been the type of person that wanted an explination of what the changes they told you to worked and some people could not explaine it they just did it because someone had told them this is "how they did it", and that just don't seem to work with me, I want to know how and why it works.
Switching to off road is the same thing all over again, I feel like such a noob at times racing and I focus more on learning to drive smooth and get around the track clean rather than to go as fast as others, as I feel the speed will come as driving skills improve. I don't do a lot of adjusting and changing on my truck like I see a lot of others doing, unless I just know something isn't right. Right now where we race I am 3-4 laps off what the experianced fast guys are running, I'd like to be a lot closer than that and do get discouraged at times, but I live so far away from the track we basically only race in the winter months which limits my track time and I don't really have a regular weely or more opurtunity to race as often as I'd like which more track time will always help. A lot of the guys on here have been helpful because some of them have been doing off road longer than I been doing RC racing combined. I know getting better will be a long process but man is it fun. Me and my brother race together and it's more af a competition between us than the other guys on the track thats just in "our" way......LOL
Old 05-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The best advice I can give you guys trying to learn setup is don't rush it. If the truck is mechanically sound, like ride height, nothing binding etc, then tires are 90% of the setup. Most cars these days come with a good setup from the factory. The 2.0 is one of them. Stock setup is very good for the majority of the tracks. If you're crashing a lot then just work on driving and learn setup later. Besides, imo this isn't a good class to learn setup on. Top heavy body and big tires will make the changes more numb and hard to feel. 2 wheel or 4 wheel buggy are good classes for learning setup. I can make a camber link position change by 1 hole on my xb4 and immediately feel it. Not so much on sc.

And it's sometimes a good idea to let a more experienced driver try your truck, but remember they may have a totally different driving style than you, so try to keep their comments in context. Just ask them to make sure it feels ok and isn't doing anything weird.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there anyone on here that runs the SMC batteries? I'm looking at the 7200 60c 2s and wondering if it will be enough to run my SCTE with RX8 Gen2 and my HD 4300... I'm done with destroying my cheap batteries and need something that won't puff every time I pull the throttle open!
Old 05-12-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by claytrackstar
Is there anyone on here that runs the SMC batteries? I'm looking at the 7200 60c 2s and wondering if it will be enough to run my SCTE with RX8 Gen2 and my HD 4300... I'm done with destroying my cheap batteries and need something that won't puff every time I pull the throttle open!
I ran SMC's 6000mAh 80c all of last season, worked great and haven't puffed at all.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by claytrackstar
Originally Posted by jmcelroy42
I ran SMC's 6000mAh 80c all of last season, worked great and haven't puffed at all.
Same here, I run a HW 4000kv system and they hold up fine, a buddy runs a Caster Rapture with the SMC packs and a 4700kv setup, no problems from his packs either and he's going on over a year with them.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

my system is the same as yours but I use a Revetech 2x2 Quad formula X, its 8000mah -150c pack been running it for 2 seasons with no problems.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

I've been running the 6500 and several friends are running the 7200. I won't buy any other battery
Old 05-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

SMC 7200's have been great for me.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions everyone provided in response to my set up question. I appreciate everyone's advice.

Also to chime in on the SMC battery question. I have been running SMC batteries for a year, I have 2-6500s and 2-7200s for my SCTE 2.0 and all the batteries have been rock solid. I would highly recommend SMC batteries and the owner (Danny) is awesome and always answers any question you might have. I also use SMC batteries in my 2wd buggy and my ebuggy so I am a repeat customer and have always been pleased with the performance and quality of SMC.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys!
I´m looking for a setup sheet for a small sand / gravel track.
What tires would you recommend me?
Sry 4 google translator
Old 05-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

OK I would bet it's on here somewhere and I missed it, but I am going to replace my front and rear diff's and rebuild them. is there any good videos on youtube or somewhere I can watch or any good info/guides with tips and tricks to help more than just the pictures in the manuals?
Old 05-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Braxamus
OK I would bet it's on here somewhere and I missed it, but I am going to replace my front and rear diff's and rebuild them. is there any good videos on youtube or somewhere I can watch or any good info/guides with tips and tricks to help more than just the pictures in the manuals?
Maybe this video can help: youtube.com/watch?v=n0B46KBZKFw&app=desktop
Old 05-21-2015, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are you guys changing out sway bars ?

I ran my truck the other day on indoor and it was just terrible. Lol

I was pushing, and spinning out on sweepers jumping crappy etc lol.

Thinking my rear diff is empty and my rear shocks need to be rebuilt because when Id jump the rear end would kick the nose down hard.

I ran a half battery pack and put it away was so frustrated lol.

Usually I have tons of steering which made no sense.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Braxamus
OK ...diff's ...videos on youtube ....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DbOfV5J5Z0k
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0B46KBZKFw
Old 05-21-2015, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Are you guys changing out sway bars ?

I ran my truck the other day on indoor and it was just terrible. Lol

I was pushing, and spinning out on sweepers jumping crappy etc lol.

Thinking my rear diff is empty and my rear shocks need to be rebuilt because when Id jump the rear end would kick the nose down hard.

I ran a half battery pack and put it away was so frustrated lol.

Usually I have tons of steering which made no sense.
Stock sway bars are good for everything but high bite. Only time I change them is when I run on a sugared track. Definitely sounds like the problem was something else with your truck. Or tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.