Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glock man
Hello Casper. I want to change my setup to Hacker's new setup. I want to buy Diff oils and large bottles. Do you have any recommendations or part numbers for the diff oils?

Thanks
These large tubes from TLR are good for quite a few diff rebuilds from what I have experienced. Not sure what you mean by large bottles. These are much larger than what come with the kit.

http://www.tlracing.com/Search/Defau...=silicone+diff
Old 09-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ya glock man those tlr tubes casper linked are pretty big and have last me all summer lol, i still have some left
Old 09-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
These large tubes from TLR are good for quite a few diff rebuilds from what I have experienced. Not sure what you mean by large bottles. These are much larger than what come with the kit.

http://www.tlracing.com/Search/Defau...=silicone+diff
Thanks Joe, Jason, and Casper. Those TLR tubes are great. I was just wondering if there were bigger bottles.
Thanks guys.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ofna's got some big bottles. I use their 5000wt

http://www.ofna.com/acc-fluids.html
Old 09-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Ofna's got some big bottles. I use their 5000wt

http://www.ofna.com/acc-fluids.html
OFNA does have bigger bottles but when helping some fellow teammates out, we found that their oils were off in weight and once they switched to the TLR oils, were much better off. This is not a diss on OFNA, maybe this was a bad batch, but it was a definite issue.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
OFNA does have bigger bottles but when helping some fellow teammates out, we found that their oils were off in weight and once they switched to the TLR oils, were much better off. This is not a diss on OFNA, maybe this was a bad batch, but it was a definite issue.
No doubt. I assume everyone's weights are slightly off from each other. Buyer beware.

Psssst: it would be nice to have big bottles of TLR diff oil!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Another piece of advice. No brand of diff oil is the same. So find a brand you like and stick with it. U could have the same cst in a center diff but if its different brand it will run different from each other. Also a small tip I've learned recently. Weigh your diffs everytime you fill them. U can get small scales anywhere for cheap. This way its the same feel everytime

Last edited by JasonR/C; 09-03-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: edit
Old 09-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
Another piece of advice. No brand of diff oil is the same. So find a brand you like and stick with it. U could have the same cst in a center diff but if its different brand it will run different from each other. Also a small tip I've learned recently. Weigh your diffs everytime you fill them. U can get small scales anywhere for cheap. This way its the same feel everytime
If you fill your diffs with the sun gear in top prior to putting the cap on as shown in the Drake or Lutz diff build video's you will get consistant diffs each time. I am in 100% agreement on sticking with one brand of oil. TLR oils have proven over the years to be very consistant batch to batch.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Losi oils are nice and PT oils are at the top IMO. I have been using pt oils for the last year with excellent results. They also have a conversion chart for the shock oils from losi to cst weights.

http://www.ptrcracing.com/images/f05...5e9ef263fc.png
Old 09-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
If you fill your diffs with the sun gear in top prior to putting the cap on as shown in the Drake or Lutz diff build video's you will get consistant diffs each time. I am in 100% agreement on sticking with one brand of oil. TLR oils have proven over the years to be very consistant batch to batch.
Casper, I could only purchase AE oil at my LHS until recent. I ran 5-5-3 AE, how far off is the AE oil? Wonder if I would feel a significant difference. I think it is about 2.5 off on the shock oils. Needless to say, I am in the process of switching shock and diff oils to TLR for consistency on setup sheets.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
Casper, I could only purchase AE oil at my LHS until recent. I ran 5-5-3 AE, how far off is the AE oil? Wonder if I would feel a significant difference. I think it is about 2.5 off on the shock oils. Needless to say, I am in the process of switching shock and diff oils to TLR for consistency on setup sheets.
diff oils should be pretty close (you would hope) as they are rated in cSt which is a much more standardized measure of viscosity then the arbitrary Wt system. That being said there are are still variations as specified by each company.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

the difference in brands is noticable. i didnt think it would be but it is for sure. basic common sense should be this. whatever brand car you are running, run the same brand fluid. they were tested with it.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
the difference in brands is noticable. i didnt think it would be but it is for sure. basic common sense should be this. whatever brand car you are running, run the same brand fluid. they were tested with it.
I would say run what you are comfortable with. It's no use having AE oil for one car and TLR oil for another. Buy one brand oil you are comfortable with and use what works.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
No doubt. I assume everyone's weights are slightly off from each other. Buyer beware.

Psssst: it would be nice to have big bottles of TLR diff oil!
Of course all RC mfr's fluids are slightly off from each other.. Each uses a different supplier/mfr of said fluids, except for a couple different RC mfr's that use the same fluids and just re-label as their own. Unless all conform to a globalized standard, like ISO, ASTM, ANSI, SAE, ILSAC, or AGMA.. No RC shock oil company uses the same "WT" standard. It makes calculations inaccurate.

Oil "weight" is not a standard unit of measure, which is why there is such variation between brands.

The proper way to identify oil viscosity, in cgs (centimeter-gram-second) units, is either in centistokes (cSt), or more appropriately, centipoise (cP). Although the two terms are regularly interchanged, which is further complicated due to 1 cP being equal to 1 cSt, they are actually two slightly different terms.

'cP' is the expression for dynamic viscosity, or absolute viscosity of the oil, and is the measure of the fluids resistance to flow.

'cSt' is the expression for Kinematic viscosity, which is the ratio of a fluids viscous force to it's inertial force.

Soooo, since this is just toy car racing, the different brands just stick to their own practices of what/how they classify said viscosities.. Some may be more scientific and consistently-graded than others, i.e., TLR, AE, and Mugen.. While others might not be.

That's why I just stick to one brand of diff and shock oils/fluids.. Just a more consistent baseline of measurement methods, to tune my setups/cars to.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITROALM
Hi JM Our New H1-Pro will allow for the 1/or2 mount
here is a pic with the (2) series mount and Losi TQ Rods

Wow, I didn't realize you had a new BCE chassis already. The BCE I am running is for the 1.0 and bought back in Feb. Really love it.

So I assume since this is a "hybrid," it will work with both models? If I slap this on a 1.0, to gain the servo mount and torque rod, among other things, what will be the major gain? I read something about motor mount placement. What is the benefit of this chassis versus the 2.0 chassis? I am in the process of upgrading my 1.0 to 2.0 and have never owned a TLR tuned chassis but was going to purchase one to complete the version. Looks like I have another BCE option!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.