R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #3181
Tech Addict
 
nanoverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN- View Post
Come on guys go elsewhere if you want bicker about electronics!!! THIS IS THE TLR SCTE 2.0 THREAD!!!! GET OUT OR GET OVER IT!!!!!! TEKIN IS THE BEST... DONE!!!!!!
Sure
__________________
HB E817 | HB D815e | HB D413
Hitec Lynx 4s
nanoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #3182
Tech Master
 
XRated SCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SanDiego
Posts: 1,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN- View Post
Come on guys go elsewhere if you want bicker about electronics!!! THIS IS THE TLR SCTE 2.0 THREAD!!!! GET OUT OR GET OVER IT!!!!!! TEKIN IS THE BEST... DONE!!!!!!
Obviously we know this is the scte 2.0 thread as I stated in my last post and that it was getting out of hand but...I really hope you're being sarcastic about this post you made, if not..."You SIR are a HYPOCRITE"
__________________
Tekno SCT410--RX8 g2/Pro4 HD4300--RP green
Associated FT T4.2--RS g2/Redline g2 17.5--RP blue
XRated SCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #3183
Tech Master
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,863
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
I run Novak activ8 and ballistic 4.5 550 can. I can say that it is the smoothest and fastest system I have ever driven. I have had it for 3months now with no problem. I have used tekin, HW, castle and viper. I will run Novak over them.
__________________
Mugen MBX7R Triton L5 Picco 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7T Triton L5 Triton 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7R Eco Tekin RX8 Gen2 Tekin 2050kv
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:44 AM   #3184
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goehm View Post
I like all the talk about electronics, theories, favorites and such. I like it because when people are harping on things like that in the SCTE forum (instead of reporting faults with the truck itself), it lets you know it's a pretty darn good truck.

That said, anyone with any new mods or findings on the truck? Any SCTE pictures to share?
I dont think any mods are needed. The only thing i want to try is getting rid of the thumbscrews and plactic hold down and adding the tekno long strap. I ve experiment with softer front spring and 1 spring stiffer in the rear, and shorter ancherman.....which all gave me more steering. Tried 5-7-3 diffs as opposed to 553 and made the truck a bit more stable.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:57 AM   #3185
Tech Master
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,863
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
I dont think any mods are needed. The only thing i want to try is getting rid of the thumbscrews and plactic hold down and adding the tekno long strap. I ve experiment with softer front spring and 1 spring stiffer in the rear, and shorter ancherman.....which all gave me more steering. Tried 5-7-3 diffs as opposed to 553 and made the truck a bit more stable.
I use that diff oil combo as well and agree to the truck being more stable. I may try the other things you did. I feel that I'm not getting enough steering.
__________________
Mugen MBX7R Triton L5 Picco 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7T Triton L5 Triton 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7R Eco Tekin RX8 Gen2 Tekin 2050kv
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #3186
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobrkr View Post
I use that diff oil combo as well and agree to the truck being more stable. I may try the other things you did. I feel that I'm not getting enough steering.
Ya that is for my current indoor track which tight dirt clay mix usually moist surface, So usually get a decent amount of traction. I wanted my truck to be slightly more loose/have more steering so i tried it and liked it. Might be a whole different story come outdoors. Also, running stock 3,4 pistons and close to 27.5 shock oils all around(whatever came with the kit). Also, i am running more -2.5 rear toe instead of 3.0 and running 2.0 rear sway bar i believe its the middle sized sway bar. Everything else i have setup the same as the first page setup. I am not expert at tuning/driving just saying what i tried and liked. Have not tried different camberlink locations yet. I tried the phend/fischer setup at my local track and it was terrible, tight off power and loose on power.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #3187
Tech Elite
 
Mxer59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 2,671
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

I've only had a chance to put front diff and case together so far. My issue is I have a tight spot where the diff gear and pinion gear meet? It will be really smooth then in one spot in rotation it's tight? I have both bearings in cases the diff it's self is very smooth I noticed that it was a tight fit when installing the diff into the diff case's but I'm at a loss as to why it's doing that.
__________________
5ive T (Bartoline 28.5cc, Bartoline Pipe, Team Chase)
Futaba 4pls
Team Chase 2015
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #3188
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

My setup, easier to show my setup sheet. My battery is a slightly larger then the normal 2s so the normal holder location did not work so its spread one hole out
Attached Thumbnails
Official TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-setup.jpg  
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #3189
Tech Elite
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN- View Post
Come on guys go elsewhere if you want bicker about electronics!!! THIS IS THE TLR SCTE 2.0 THREAD!!!! GET OUT OR GET OVER IT!!!!!! TEKIN IS THE BEST... DONE!!!!!!
You sound like a youtube comment.
__________________
TLR 8ight-E 3.0 ---tekin 1900---hobbywing sct pro
Traxxas 1/16 rally (for giggles)
TLR 8ight TE 2.0-----hobbywing 2250Kv-------hobbywing sct-pro

---------"Blessed are those who get to race year round"---------
Rockthecatbox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #3190
Tech Master
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,863
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
My setup, easier to show my setup sheet. My battery is a slightly larger then the normal 2s so the normal holder location did not work so its spread one hole out
I have also used 7 10 5 in my 1.0 and liked it. I use that when the track has less tight turns. When I run that combo people slowly catch up to me in the turns then I leave them in the dust when I open it up. Has long as I don't get behind that combo works very well. People will come up to you and ask what motor you run and you tell them the same one they have. The look on there face is priceless!
__________________
Mugen MBX7R Triton L5 Picco 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7T Triton L5 Triton 2120 pipe M2C clutch
Mugen MBX7R Eco Tekin RX8 Gen2 Tekin 2050kv
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #3191
Tech Regular
 
Purdue Engineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

So I went to an open practice last night to try some things. I ended up running lap times comparable to the guy who TQed last Tuesday. I read some setup guides online and wanted to try some different shock piston oil combos with the stock springs. The track is indoor clay/dirt mix and it was damp. What worked the best was the #4 pistons in front and #5 in the rear with 35wt front and rear.

My diffs are 5 - 10 - 3. I want to try 7 in the front. Does anyone have any experience with putting 7 in the front? What will it do compared to what I have now? Also the 10 in the center, to much? What will I see and feel if I go to 7?

Thanks guys. I'm loving this truck.
Purdue Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #3192
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer View Post
So I went to an open practice last night to try some things. I ended up running lap times comparable to the guy who TQed last Tuesday. I read some setup guides online and wanted to try some different shock piston oil combos with the stock springs. The track is indoor clay/dirt mix and it was damp. What worked the best was the #4 pistons in front and #5 in the rear with 35wt front and rear.

My diffs are 5 - 10 - 3. I want to try 7 in the front. Does anyone have any experience with putting 7 in the front? What will it do compared to what I have now? Also the 10 in the center, to much? What will I see and feel if I go to 7?

Thanks guys. I'm loving this truck.
My experience, with 7 in theory it should give more on power steering. It made the truck tighter for off power steering through slow sections of the track. 10,000 in the center made the truck spin the tires alot more and made the truck tighter which caused me to over drive. 7-10-3 was an awesome setup in the 1.0 scte, not so much in the 2.0 maybe b/c less weight and the weight balance being further back. It really depends what your driving style is though. If you are a throttle junkie the higher diffs might be better for you, but i am not.
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #3193
Tech Elite
 
Mxer59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 2,671
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

How tight to run steering post nut
__________________
5ive T (Bartoline 28.5cc, Bartoline Pipe, Team Chase)
Futaba 4pls
Team Chase 2015
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #3194
Tech Master
 
maddog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
How tight to run steering post nut
"Servo Saver Setting(A-2) Upon building your servo saver, we often tighten ours all the way and then back it off 3/4 of a turn. Please take special note of the use of thread lock here so it stays where it's set."
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #3195
Tech Elite
 
Mxer59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 2,671
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
"Servo Saver Setting(A-2) Upon building your servo saver, we often tighten ours all the way and then back it off 3/4 of a turn. Please take special note of the use of thread lock here so it stays where it's set."
What about binding in the front diff where the pinion gear and diff meet?
__________________
5ive T (Bartoline 28.5cc, Bartoline Pipe, Team Chase)
Futaba 4pls
Team Chase 2015
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net