Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Come on guys go elsewhere if you want bicker about electronics!!! THIS IS THE TLR SCTE 2.0 THREAD!!!! GET OUT OR GET OVER IT!!!!!! TEKIN IS THE BEST... DONE!!!!!!
Sure
Old 04-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Come on guys go elsewhere if you want bicker about electronics!!! THIS IS THE TLR SCTE 2.0 THREAD!!!! GET OUT OR GET OVER IT!!!!!! TEKIN IS THE BEST... DONE!!!!!!
Obviously we know this is the scte 2.0 thread as I stated in my last post and that it was getting out of hand but...I really hope you're being sarcastic about this post you made, if not..."You SIR are a HYPOCRITE"
Old 04-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
I run Novak activ8 and ballistic 4.5 550 can. I can say that it is the smoothest and fastest system I have ever driven. I have had it for 3months now with no problem. I have used tekin, HW, castle and viper. I will run Novak over them.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
I like all the talk about electronics, theories, favorites and such. I like it because when people are harping on things like that in the SCTE forum (instead of reporting faults with the truck itself), it lets you know it's a pretty darn good truck.

That said, anyone with any new mods or findings on the truck? Any SCTE pictures to share?
I dont think any mods are needed. The only thing i want to try is getting rid of the thumbscrews and plactic hold down and adding the tekno long strap. I ve experiment with softer front spring and 1 spring stiffer in the rear, and shorter ancherman.....which all gave me more steering. Tried 5-7-3 diffs as opposed to 553 and made the truck a bit more stable.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maddog9
I dont think any mods are needed. The only thing i want to try is getting rid of the thumbscrews and plactic hold down and adding the tekno long strap. I ve experiment with softer front spring and 1 spring stiffer in the rear, and shorter ancherman.....which all gave me more steering. Tried 5-7-3 diffs as opposed to 553 and made the truck a bit more stable.
I use that diff oil combo as well and agree to the truck being more stable. I may try the other things you did. I feel that I'm not getting enough steering.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by egobrkr
I use that diff oil combo as well and agree to the truck being more stable. I may try the other things you did. I feel that I'm not getting enough steering.
Ya that is for my current indoor track which tight dirt clay mix usually moist surface, So usually get a decent amount of traction. I wanted my truck to be slightly more loose/have more steering so i tried it and liked it. Might be a whole different story come outdoors. Also, running stock 3,4 pistons and close to 27.5 shock oils all around(whatever came with the kit). Also, i am running more -2.5 rear toe instead of 3.0 and running 2.0 rear sway bar i believe its the middle sized sway bar. Everything else i have setup the same as the first page setup. I am not expert at tuning/driving just saying what i tried and liked. Have not tried different camberlink locations yet. I tried the phend/fischer setup at my local track and it was terrible, tight off power and loose on power.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I've only had a chance to put front diff and case together so far. My issue is I have a tight spot where the diff gear and pinion gear meet? It will be really smooth then in one spot in rotation it's tight? I have both bearings in cases the diff it's self is very smooth I noticed that it was a tight fit when installing the diff into the diff case's but I'm at a loss as to why it's doing that.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

My setup, easier to show my setup sheet. My battery is a slightly larger then the normal 2s so the normal holder location did not work so its spread one hole out
Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-setup.jpg  
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

You sound like a youtube comment.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

My setup, easier to show my setup sheet. My battery is a slightly larger then the normal 2s so the normal holder location did not work so its spread one hole out
I have also used 7 10 5 in my 1.0 and liked it. I use that when the track has less tight turns. When I run that combo people slowly catch up to me in the turns then I leave them in the dust when I open it up. Has long as I don't get behind that combo works very well. People will come up to you and ask what motor you run and you tell them the same one they have. The look on there face is priceless!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So I went to an open practice last night to try some things. I ended up running lap times comparable to the guy who TQed last Tuesday. I read some setup guides online and wanted to try some different shock piston oil combos with the stock springs. The track is indoor clay/dirt mix and it was damp. What worked the best was the #4 pistons in front and #5 in the rear with 35wt front and rear.

My diffs are 5 - 10 - 3. I want to try 7 in the front. Does anyone have any experience with putting 7 in the front? What will it do compared to what I have now? Also the 10 in the center, to much? What will I see and feel if I go to 7?

Thanks guys. I'm loving this truck.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer
So I went to an open practice last night to try some things. I ended up running lap times comparable to the guy who TQed last Tuesday. I read some setup guides online and wanted to try some different shock piston oil combos with the stock springs. The track is indoor clay/dirt mix and it was damp. What worked the best was the #4 pistons in front and #5 in the rear with 35wt front and rear.

My diffs are 5 - 10 - 3. I want to try 7 in the front. Does anyone have any experience with putting 7 in the front? What will it do compared to what I have now? Also the 10 in the center, to much? What will I see and feel if I go to 7?

Thanks guys. I'm loving this truck.
My experience, with 7 in theory it should give more on power steering. It made the truck tighter for off power steering through slow sections of the track. 10,000 in the center made the truck spin the tires alot more and made the truck tighter which caused me to over drive. 7-10-3 was an awesome setup in the 1.0 scte, not so much in the 2.0 maybe b/c less weight and the weight balance being further back. It really depends what your driving style is though. If you are a throttle junkie the higher diffs might be better for you, but i am not.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

How tight to run steering post nut
Old 04-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mxer59
How tight to run steering post nut
"Servo Saver Setting(A-2) – Upon building your servo saver, we often tighten ours all the way and then back it off 3/4 of a turn. Please take special note of the use of thread lock here so it stays where it's set."
Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

"Servo Saver Setting(A-2) – Upon building your servo saver, we often tighten ours all the way and then back it off 3/4 of a turn. Please take special note of the use of thread lock here so it stays where it's set."
What about binding in the front diff where the pinion gear and diff meet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.