Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Punt66
If your not racing i would not waste your money.
Depends what you call racing, I should have been more clear.

I'm not in national or even regional races, but we often have races between friends at our track (with lap counter and times, etc...) and I'd like to have a bit more traction at the rear and better balance on jumps, which I believe the 2.0 layout is bringing.

But we are not as strict as ROAR rules, so we do allow 3S set-ups for example.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Djioul
Depends what you call racing, I should have been more clear.

I'm not in national or even regional races, but we often have races between friends at our track (with lap counter and times, etc...) and I'd like to have a bit more traction at the rear and better balance on jumps, which I believe the 2.0 layout is bringing.

But we are not as strict as ROAR rules, so we do allow 3S set-ups for example.
ok, you said you were not racing. Then spend away LOL
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hay guys
ran the 2.0 for the first time last night. I pluged the #55 pistons and ran 32.5 front and 30 rear. After the first practice the truck looked like it was sagging in the rear. It didn't handle very good at all. I checked the shocks and I had two problems. The shock were leaking fluid, I had the small shock caps and put them on with plyers so that could have been the issue. Also, one of the plugs I put in the piston fell out. I had to put the stock pistons that came with the truck in the rear with 30 oil. There were two with a 3 and two with a 4 that came with the truck. I put the two pistons with the 3 on them in. I don't know if that was right or not. And as a side note, I think I had the wrong tires. So questions I have:

How do you plug the pistons? I put a dab of ca glue then put a tooth pick in the hole, let it dry and then cut the ends off. I wanted it to look good so I took a knife and cleaned up the top of the piston. Maybe thats what I did wrong. Any others ways to do this?

What is the shock leangth measurment at full droop? center to center. I think that is messed up also. The truck is really nose diving off the jumps.

I had two of the really good fast guys at the track drive the truck to see if it was just me or the truck, they said it was the truck. They said it felt like the truck was on top of the track and just sliding around, and it was nose diving on them also and had no off power steering but a lot of on power steering. I had the ride height at 25mm front and back when I got there then raised it later.

They said to look at a couple of things:
The tires were wrong. I had soft square fuzzys and I needed something in clay or just a bar type like rattlers or suburbs in clay. The truck really needed more side bit and over all grip.

Change the droop. If I change the droop in the front or rear will it change the way the truck comes off the jumps?

Just remember when you read this, I am by no means saying this truck is not good. I am pretty new at driving and new to this truck and losi in general. I just need help with handleing and getting this truck dialed in. I can not wait till this tread becomes "lets talk about setup issues and ways to change the handling on the truck" and not " I wish my truck would come it" and "where the hell are my parts." So if Ryan and Casper or anyone else with expereance with this truck could help out, that would be great. Looking forward to talking setup with you all.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer
Hay guys
ran the 2.0 for the first time last night. I pluged the #55 pistons and ran 32.5 front and 30 rear. After the first practice the truck looked like it was sagging in the rear. It didn't handle very good at all. I checked the shocks and I had two problems. The shock were leaking fluid, I had the small shock caps and put them on with plyers so that could have been the issue. Also, one of the plugs I put in the piston fell out. I had to put the stock pistons that came with the truck in the rear with 30 oil. There were two with a 3 and two with a 4 that came with the truck. I put the two pistons with the 3 on them in. I don't know if that was right or not. And as a side note, I think I had the wrong tires. So questions I have:

How do you plug the pistons? I put a dab of ca glue then put a tooth pick in the hole, let it dry and then cut the ends off. I wanted it to look good so I took a knife and cleaned up the top of the piston. Maybe thats what I did wrong. Any others ways to do this?

What is the shock leangth measurment at full droop? center to center. I think that is messed up also. The truck is really nose diving off the jumps.

I had two of the really good fast guys at the track drive the truck to see if it was just me or the truck, they said it was the truck. They said it felt like the truck was on top of the track and just sliding around, and it was nose diving on them also and had no off power steering but a lot of on power steering. I had the ride height at 25mm front and back when I got there then raised it later.

The tires were wrong. I had soft square fuzzys and I needed something in clay or just a bar type like rattlers or suburbs in clay. The truck really needed more side bit and over all grip.

Change the droop. If I change the droop in the front or rear will it change the way the truck comes off the jumps?

Just remember when you read this, I am by no means saying this truck is not good. I am pretty new at driving and new to this truck and losi in general. I just need help with handleing and getting this truck dialed in. I can not wait till this tread becomes "lets talk about setup issues and ways to change the handling on the truck" and not " I wish my truck would come it" and "where the hell are my parts." So if Ryan and Casper or anyone else with expereance with this truck could help out, that would be great. Looking forward to talking setup with you all.

Thanks
Should of just put it together like the manual says instead of trying to change setup from the start. Especially if you dont have much experiance with this truck anyway. Don't worry about Casper or Ryan's setup you don't drive like them so their setup will do you no good. Sounds like your shocks are having a problem. I would just go back to initial setup on the shocks and go from there.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Got confirmation my order is shipping today 2day fedex will be here friday... might be pulling an all night =P
Old 03-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

@purdue - when gluing pistons - place a drop in the hole and spray it with CA accelerator. This will make a nice dome or mushroom cap on glue around the hole. Don't trim it off leave it.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So what are you guys running as far as motors? I am changing mine from a novak 4.5 to ??????

Tekin 4300 HD 4 pole?

what else??
Old 03-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

can I put the pistons in acetone to clean then off and start over?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

can I put the pistons in acetone to clean then off and start over?
I don't see why not. And thank you for reminding me of that option.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hay guys

Thanks
You need to have some glue on the top and bottom of the piston to keep the "plug" in place.

Check out this great little article from Ryan.
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...e-pistons.html

Tires are critical for any setup. Truck balance is important.

What is normal traction like at your track? Is the track smooth or bumpy? If you are runny fuzzies I would assume smooth and at least med bite.

I would either stick with the kit setup for shocks (front 27.5 #3's, Rear 27.5 #4's) or try the 2 hole pistons again.

The kit setup works well and we ran that for a long time but the 2 hole setup gives improved pack characteristics for better landing and a little better truck stability.

The kit setup for front camber link will give a little better off power steering and a little less on power. We like the latest position in Ryan's setup posted on the first page as it kind of forces you to drive on power. We have found the rear end holds well still and since you are picking up the throttle faster it is lowering lap times. This change was a driving style change for both Ryan and I but the truck liked the setup.

Originally Posted by huzzler
Should of just put it together like the manual says instead of trying to change setup from the start. Especially if you dont have much experiance with this truck anyway. Don't worry about Casper or Ryan's setup you don't drive like them so their setup will do you no good. Sounds like your shocks are having a problem. I would just go back to initial setup on the shocks and go from there.
I agree with this to a point. I agree everyone drives different and one setup is not perfect for everyone. With all that being said there never is a Magic end all say all setup that works everywhere and for everyone so as always we are here to help any individual help setup there truck for them and there track but the kit setup and the new dunford setup with 2 hole pistons we feel are great starting points and have been very sucessful in the hands of many drivers. The kit setup is basically where we were with the 1.0 truck with new towers and some other things we have been testing for a long time.

Last edited by Casper; 03-13-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I need to stick w/a 2s setup. I just want to see what mah guys are running in a 2s pack to get 10minutes out of and keep the truck balanced well.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by visual_rabbi
Thanks Rockthecatbox21. That makes sense.

So, it doesn't really effect performance then?
It actually does effect the performance some. The extra friction in the front shaft causes the center diff to bias more torque to the rear, kind of like diffing out the inside tire on the front or rear diff is caused by having less resistance on the inside wheel compared to the outside. I messed with this a little on my 1.0 by moving the center diff .400" toward the centerline. I felt like it was a gain on that truck since I don't like loose handling vehicle, but it probably won't be as big of a problem on the 2.0 since the front shaft is at less of an angle.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tupapi77
So what are you guys running as far as motors? I am changing mine from a novak 4.5 to ??????

Tekin 4300 HD 4 pole?

what else??
The new HD motor will be a beast. Since has not hit the shelves just yet (should be shipping now or very soon!) most of the tekin guys are running the 4600KV Pro-4 short can.

There are a few other good motors out there as well. You should look at 540 4 pole or 550 cans only though.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
The new HD motor will be a beast. Since has not hit the shelves just yet (should be shipping now or very soon!) most of the tekin guys are running the 4600KV Pro-4 short can.

There are a few other good motors out there as well. You should look at 540 4 pole or 550 cans only though.
Thanks Bud
Old 03-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Blown up
I need to stick w/a 2s setup. I just want to see what mah guys are running in a 2s pack to get 10minutes out of and keep the truck balanced well.
6500 60+ C packs - 10 minutes with practice laps to spare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.