Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMR 510RR
Buy a hobbywing setup and be done with it, much better IMO.

Seems like it would be a bit slow but if you already have it there is no harm in trying it and seeing how it does.
I've had good luck with castle products and my 1/10 hobbywing setup ended up frying on me. So I am a bit edgy about going in that direction with the mediocre tech and warranty support. I'd rather spend a little more for peace of mind this time 'round.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cottonme173
Thanks Cain
So another seemingly novice question.....I am going to copy the Wolter setup for a good starting point, but im a little confused about shock oils.....I hear talk about the different companies labeling their weights different from each other, so on these setups how do I know what oils they actually used? Wolter used 35F and 27.5R now is that Losi or another? Maybe its easy to tell I am still learning and love the help you all give! Thanks in advance!!
Pretty sure Matt is using Losi oil.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I've had good luck with castle products and my 1/10 hobbywing setup ended up frying on me. So I am a bit edgy about going in that direction with the mediocre tech and warranty support. I'd rather spend a little more for peace of mind this time 'round.
IDk what happened with your 1/10 esc but I have a lightly used MMP if you are interested let me know, it has been replaced by a HW SCT Pro.

I dont think I will buy anything from castle anymore. I bought my MMP a while back when I got my SC10 4x4 that with the SC4x motor was the hot combo. Well about 3 min after installing it I lost all power, didn't know what happened. I didnt have another esc or motor to test with so I ended up sending the motor to Tekin the the ESC to Castle. Lets just say that I got the motor back after they tested it (it was fine) in a week and a half, as well as an email when they received it and a phone call from one of the tech guys asking about the problem I was having etc. After a month I emailed castle and asked if they even received my product, they said yes but they didnt have any in stock to ship to me so I would just have to wait...Waited a total of 2 months before I had the new one, then I had to buy a CC BEC because the MMP BEC is so weak it wont power a servo in a 4x4 SCT!

I think HW has a decent track record, probably 1/2 the people in this thread have them in their SCT410's and there are people using the SCT Pro in the EB48 without issue.

Now if you already have the motor and ESC kicking around I would say go for it but I personally wouldn't waste my money on an inferior product that costs more.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

well fortunately for you if you do want to go that direction, there is an authorized hobbywing dealer in the bay area:

www.builtrc.com
Old 06-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMR 510RR
IDk what happened with your 1/10 esc but I have a lightly used MMP if you are interested let me know, it has been replaced by a HW SCT Pro.

I dont think I will buy anything from castle anymore. I bought my MMP a while back when I got my SC10 4x4 that with the SC4x motor was the hot combo. Well about 3 min after installing it I lost all power, didn't know what happened. I didnt have another esc or motor to test with so I ended up sending the motor to Tekin the the ESC to Castle. Lets just say that I got the motor back after they tested it (it was fine) in a week and a half, as well as an email when they received it and a phone call from one of the tech guys asking about the problem I was having etc. After a month I emailed castle and asked if they even received my product, they said yes but they didnt have any in stock to ship to me so I would just have to wait...Waited a total of 2 months before I had the new one, then I had to buy a CC BEC because the MMP BEC is so weak it wont power a servo in a 4x4 SCT!

I think HW has a decent track record, probably 1/2 the people in this thread have them in their SCT410's and there are people using the SCT Pro in the EB48 without issue.

Now if you already have the motor and ESC kicking around I would say go for it but I personally wouldn't waste my money on an inferior product that costs more.
The ESC started out just glitching and would cut power at random. Temps were only 120f at most on the ESC and the motor was always cool as a cucumber. Usually a power cycle got it working well again. Then I tried a capacitor, but it didn't seem to benefit. Then a "Glitch Buster" from spektrum with no luck. It eventually bit the dust halfway around the track at NorCal. The motor was salvageable and I do like the power they have and the smooth throttle. I just had the bad experience and since I work at a hobby shop, I can get the castle ESC's at a discount for what a little more than a HW setup would cost. I still tell customers about Hobbywing as a cheaper online option but so far my two castle setups and my buddy's MMP have been working well. So, I'm more than likely going with a Mamba unless I convince myself to get an RX8 and just 'Waterproof" it.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

hey guys what most comion parts that break on the sct410
Old 06-29-2013, 02:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury
other people's feelings.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury
Your former lap times.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

I want to add a front suspension problem. screw rod rubbing against the inner rim of the wheel, and interferes with the turns, I replaced the screw and two washers removed the problem went away
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-dsc09372.jpg   Tekno SCT410 Thread-dsc09371.jpg   Tekno SCT410 Thread-dsc09373.jpg  

Last edited by romanmotruk; 06-29-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Also I do not understand why there is no end stop wheels at the extreme position disk rubbing against the inner surface of the arm,

I made some changes - put the containment and the wheel is no longer rub on the arm
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-dsc09375.jpg   Tekno SCT410 Thread-dsc09376.jpg   Tekno SCT410 Thread-dsc09377.jpg   Tekno SCT410 Thread-dsc09380.jpg   Tekno SCT410 Thread-dsc09379.jpg  

Old 06-29-2013, 06:12 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

some wheels are worse than others and will rub. make sure you set your EPA correctly so the wheels don't turn more than nec. ALso some people changed the bolt to a mushroom type head to get more clearance.
there are several pages of this conversation earlier in this thread.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

So, I'm more than likely going with a Mamba unless I convince myself to get an RX8 and just 'Waterproof" it.
Or, the Viper VTX8 is already waterproof, built as tough as they come, and really easy to program with the Progauge. Bonus, their customer service is fantastic along with their presence on RCTech. Couldn't be happier with mine.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mullet1
other people's feelings.

Originally Posted by meyankee
Your former lap times.
Thanks for making me spit my coke out
Old 06-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I was thinking of getting a second sct410 for a all out basher and putting a tekin t8 1900kv motor and running on 4's. Do you think the truck could handle it?
Old 06-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

you want to extend the life or increase the speed? if the rate then buy better combo HW SCT120A \ 4700kv, you will rocket by 17 pinen if you put as you want, you get an increase in the weight of 400 grams (battery + weight + weight of the motor controller)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.