Search

What has been your most solid RC?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Associated RC10 CE (Gold tub)
Associated RC10T

I beat the crap out of a few of those forever, they were still in great shape when I (never should have..) sold them many years ago.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Losi 8T-E 2.0. Other than a few stripped spur gears (since switched to metal), I have had no problems with it whatsoever.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

my mbx6e
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

so far my XXX-SCt has been pretty good. i havent broken and parts in over 3 months of once if not twice monthly club racing. i even bashed it once and still no part failure.
need to rebuild the ball diff though, probably end of the month.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Losi SCTE
AE RC8e

I've beat the hell out of both of them. You know when your crash big and while your car is flipping through the air or into the driver's stand and you think, "How much is this going to cost?". I've had too many of those moments to count with both cars and neither one has dnf'd.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

22 buggy hands down. It has at least 65 hours on most all the original parts, except for bearings and a few steering racks ,and tuning parts. The cv's and outdrives are getting worn, and the most all of the tini coating has come off the pins and shafts. Its the most durable 1/10 off roader I've ever owned.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsinclair
22 buggy hands down. It has at least 65 hours on most all the original parts, except for bearings and a few steering racks ,and tuning parts. The cv's and outdrives are getting worn, and the most all of the tini coating has come off the pins and shafts. Its the most durable 1/10 off roader I've ever owned.
This,

22 is solid. I race it twice a week and have very little trouble.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I haven't had any car that was absolutely bomb proof. I've always been able to find a way to break something substantial on all of my buggies. I guess the only car that I can say I never broke anything on was my Serpent 811-BE. I don't bash though, so maybe that car wouldn't have fared well off the track.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SC10 4x4, had the first one in GR, beat on it atleast twice a week, still on the original belt, wore out the front skid plate, yah its got wobbly outdrives but have yet break a part...
Old 11-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My B44 actually. Strange enough, it has had less mishaps than my old FTB4.

For non-running vintage, my RC10CE was probably the most durable. The front arms broke 8 years later when my buddy ran it on the streets and ran the thing underneath a car.

I think cars were a bit tougher back then since a lot of parts were made of nylon. I think Losi was the first ones to start using exotic polymers on their JRX-Pro SE and LXT vehicles.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

My Mugen MBX4-RR. I got it second hand cheap with a RB C5. I never raced it as it was my first RC car. What I did do was take it to the bmx track and make two table tops into a huge double, jump berm to berm, and rail the whoops/rollers in series of 4. One time at a big area of bmx dirt jumps, the throttle servo failed, leaving me wide open but with steering... That was a very chaotic minute of my life! Kept steering it to the middle near me so I could hopefully turn it off fast enough to save my motor when it flipped over... funny how when you want something to end up on it's lid it doesn't. The whole incident was actually pretty incredible. It finally wound up on its lid and I plugged the exhaust. No breakage... Even the C5 lived after almost a minute fully wide open. Then I cranked down the downtravel limiters, threw some street tires on it, bought some cones, and ran it on asphalt. Tons of fun. I never once replaced a diff, bearing, gear, cvd. Even the shock towers held up better than the King Heads 5mm towers on my kyosho mp777 sp2. The mugen was a tank! The only thing I ever broke besides multiple 1/8 buggy wings was both! front shock shafts snapped at the same time when I came up short on a HUGE double. It was actually a table top with about a 40ft gap into some rollers. You had to crest the top of a 15ft. tall berm with perfect corner exit speed stay fully pinned and you could just barley backside it. I cased it a few times, landing all fours at the same time and didn't break anything.

But this is an electric thread... I have yet to break anything on my SC104x4. It has won an indoor winter series, raced off-road 10+ races, and been taken to bmx dirt jumps once.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imbsbiaoy
My Mugen MBX4-RR. I got it second hand cheap with a RB C5. I never raced it as it was my first RC car. What I did do was take it to the bmx track and make two table tops into a huge double, jump berm to berm, and rail the whoops/rollers in series of 4. One time at a big area of bmx dirt jumps, the throttle servo failed, leaving me wide open but with steering... That was a very chaotic minute of my life! Kept steering it to the middle near me so I could hopefully turn it off fast enough to save my motor when it flipped over... funny how when you want something to end up on it's lid it doesn't. The whole incident was actually pretty incredible. It finally wound up on its lid and I plugged the exhaust. No breakage... Even the C5 lived after almost a minute fully wide open. Then I cranked down the downtravel limiters, threw some street tires on it, bought some cones, and ran it on asphalt. Tons of fun. I never once replaced a diff, bearing, gear, cvd. Even the shock towers held up better than the King Heads 5mm towers on my kyosho mp777 sp2. The mugen was a tank! The only thing I ever broke besides multiple 1/8 buggy wings was both! front shock shafts snapped at the same time when I came up short on a HUGE double. It was actually a table top with about a 40ft gap into some rollers. You had to crest the top of a 15ft. tall berm with perfect corner exit speed stay fully pinned and you could just barley backside it. I cased it a few times, landing all fours at the same time and didn't break anything.

But this is an electric thread... I have yet to break anything on my SC104x4. It has won an indoor winter series, raced off-road 10+ races, and been taken to bmx dirt jumps once.

Ahh yes!! Brotha....you are preaching to the quire about the Mugen MBX-4 ! I never sold any of mine....and stocked up on parts when they were plentiful. I have 4 ( well almost 4 complete ) rolling chassis...and enough parts to probably build another 3.....with parts to run all of them for probably the next 10yrs. I love my old MBX4-XR works buggies!! Glad the old Mugen is giving you good times.....I know mine always did. Actually in the process of wiping the cobwebbs off the entire stock and doing an electric conversion on my main one. Gonna run it like I stole it!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

So far the xray 808 and the losi ten scte.
Hope the xray xb4 will be just as good
Old 11-09-2012, 08:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

My Thunder Tiger ST1 truggy was a tank
Old 11-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ps71
So far the xray 808 and the losi ten scte.
Hope the xray xb4 will be just as good
I considered my 808 and 808E, but every three races they obliterate the single most complex to change part on the hole darn car......the front pinion bearings.

Can't wait for the XB9E to come out. My XB9 has no problems at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.