Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toast.
Are people selling their EX-10 euros to upgrade to there new EX-1?
I decided to switch to a 4PKS because I prefer the ergonomics.

Originally Posted by Mxer59
What would be a good servo to run in this?
Lots of options. Jared is using the new low profile KO Propo one10.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I would love to see this.

One day, same track, top driver from each manufacturer. Run a race with their car and see where they finish. Next mix up the cars, give them a little time to adjust and run again. Do that over and over until they drive all cars.

My guess would be all their times would be close and the same guy would win no matter what car. At that level I think it is the driver and not as much the equipment as it is all good and close.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm willing to bet that if you threw in a last gen car (RB6 and RB5) into that mix there wouldn't be much difference either. I don't think times will improve much with this new release but the 'versatatility' of the car should (mid/rear engine).

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I would love to see this.

One day, same track, top driver from each manufacturer. Run a race with their car and see where they finish. Next mix up the cars, give them a little time to adjust and run again. Do that over and over until they drive all cars.

My guess would be all their times would be close and the same guy would win no matter what car. At that level I think it is the driver and not as much the equipment as it is all good and close.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goin2drt

yes sir... what this all boils down to is that, just like thousands of competitors jumped on the 22 when it was released only to flood the used market a few weeks after as they found out it wasn't making them any faster really, Kyosho will sell full pallets of $450 RB6 to candid regular c- and d-main club racers who expect to suddenly make the a with the new car... and then I will buy a slightly used one for dirt cheap sometimes this fall

Paul
Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
??? B4 Worlds, losi 22, schumacher, durango,
Old 08-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Should I just pick up a RB5 or wait on the RB6?
I'm new to the buggy class.
I have a couple USC's and a UDB.

Don't laugh at me.
I picked up a TRX Bandit to see if I would like 2wd buggies. I've been playing around with it and I have gotten to like the 2wd buggy. So I'm thinking maybe it's time to get a real buggy.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cul8tr

Don't laugh at me.
I picked up a TRX Bandit to see if I would like 2wd buggies. I've been playing around with it and I have gotten to like the 2wd buggy. So I'm thinking maybe it's time to get a real buggy.

Thanks
If you are wanting a rb5 im selling my sp2 WC, if interested pm me
Old 08-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Don't laugh at me.

Thanks
My $.02 based on the above. Buy a nice used RB5. Shop around. There are a ton for sale right now and you can get a great deal if someone is willing to deal and with the huge supply, you can.

By the time you start getting better and more comfortable with 2wd buggy the price of the new rb6 will come down or you will be able to buy a good used one.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't laugh at me.

Thanks
Just wait for the rb6. If 2whl is big class in your area and you end up liking it, which most do, you'll be glad you didn't drop some coin on an old platform just to have to upgrade in a few months....
Old 08-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Why would you "have to upgrade"?
I think your average driver will see minimal difference between RB5 or RB6. Pick up a used RB5 have some fun and when you are ready sell it and grab a used RB6. Think of the money you lose selling the RB5 as an investment into experience of driving an excellent buggy.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toast.
Why would you "have to upgrade"?
I think your average driver will see minimal difference between RB5 or RB6. Pick up a used RB5 have some fun and when you are ready sell it and grab a used RB6. Think of the money you lose selling the RB5 as an investment into experience of driving an excellent buggy.
Thats some wisdom right there. Plus all the setup and tuning of the RB5 has been nailed down, the new chassis will take a while to get ironed out. You'll love the RB5, especially if all you have to compare it to is a bandit
Old 08-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Whats gonna happen is a lot of "new racers" will get the rb6 who dont know much about setup, run it and say how much it sucks lol. Ive had the priveledge to see it in action and physically hold it, and its quality from front to back
Old 08-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Yeah but do you think a guy who is looking to "try out 2wd buggy" should be buying a $450 kit?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Entr0phy
Just wait for the rb6. If 2whl is big class in your area and you end up liking it, which most do, you'll be glad you didn't drop some coin on an old platform just to have to upgrade in a few months....
+1

Tebo has already stated it is easier to drive than the RB5. The same RB5 he had pushed to the limit in terms of setups and extended chassis.

So if you're new to 2wd and decided Kyosho, get the RB6. It's easier to drive. The entire K factory flock will migrate to RB6 and you can then experiment with setup changes in the now. Not having to search for old setups and building your own extended chassis with epoxy, CA and graphite strips. Mounting the ESC on the tower. Fitting the oversized LiPo on a NiMh chassis. You don't need to go through that like it's some kinda shaolin training. Make that expensive shaolin training and time off the track.

Support for RB6 will only increase. You don't need to buy a re-re Frog to get into 2wd. Technology moves forward, what's left behind is superceded and obsolete. My 2 cents.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Eric Tomczyk
Yeah but do you think a guy who is looking to "try out 2wd buggy" should be buying a $450 kit?.
No i dont, nor do i think a novice driver should either, i think people should progress in a class, start out with a used model, because the money saved from buying used can go to buying parts and if you are new to 2wd buggy you will be buying parts. Once you get that buggy to handle and feel how you like and you've progressed as far as u can with it, get a new one. Yes tebo says the new one is easier to drive, but its TEBO, the guy could wheel a cardboard box around the track faster than most of us could wheel a buggy. Im not trying to push anyone away from buying a rb6 but lots of people think this is a super buggy. But at the end of the day YOU still have to drive it. I just dont wanna see people spend that much money then be upset. I think the buggy looks great but for a new guy i dont see it being any faster than a rb5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.