Search

New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westendorfy
I was there........ it was the day i actually decided i wanted to try to do this project.

Good People out there........ If you havent been to the Cactus.... book a room now and start hitchhiking in Feb...... its worth it.

holy crap it's gonzo! Looking fwd to trying this out. Way to follow through.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Ok i downloaded the demo but i cant figure out how to get the truck on the track
Old 07-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

If you read the whole other three pages you would see that you need to buy the full version to get on the tracks.

The demo you can only drive in the pits and around the venues.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone been able to drive on any of the tracks besides the Demo yet?
If so how do the RC Cars drive compared to real life?

Most importantly 2WD Buggy.

From my experience I find it easy to "spin out" and feel glitchly when landing at times. (In the game)

Thanks!
-Venom
Old 07-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've tried all of the tracks in the game. The buggy seems to have the bet physics model. The ST the worst and the SC in te middle.

Not sure if the tuning setup does anything. When the controller patch is added ill get more stick time
Old 07-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I've tried all of the tracks in the game. The buggy seems to have the bet physics model. The ST the worst and the SC in te middle.

Not sure if the tuning setup does anything. When the controller patch is added ill get more stick time
Thanks!

From my experience the Buggy is prone to spinning out, the ST is prone to nose dives, and the SC is very sluggish yet easy to drive.

What controller have you been using?

I have been using a Great Planes realflight PC controller, which is only giving me around 50-60% throttle.

Tomorrow I plan on trying my friends GT3B since he might have a USB plug.

If I get good results I will get the VRC USB plug to use with my Futaba Fasst system.

I am loving this game, I have always wanted something like this since my computer cant support my old RealRace G2.

-Venom

EDIT: I also have been tuning the cars and it does help a little, but the real test will be using a Pistol Grip RC Transmitter.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use a older JR synth FM into a VRC Pro adapter. It was a good radio a bunch of years ago. I dont use my Spektrum Pro because its usually in my car/packed away for the track.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Swear this game was made just to piss people off.

Car keeps turning to the right. Only controller to work for me so far is the keyboard. Tried a couple of TX's and an Xbox 360 controller, steering works (still turns to the right) but acceleration doesn't work at all on the Xbox controller (reverse does though?), and trim is way out with any TX. When I use the keyboard though, I have to tap the acceleration or I spin out (maybe set something so people can actually use a keyboard?).

When is the next update? No point buying the game yet IMO. Doesn't work anyway.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by westendorfy
YES, we are planning to make a track editor.
I already forgot all about this...lol i was messing around with it about a month ago.

I dont have a date on that at all though....... It all depends on how crazy we want to get.

The hard part (to me anyways is going to be making the "tool" that places all the gates for timing and AI stuff...... but for people that just want to make their home track and get some laps in........yes we are planning it.
I have often been racing at a venue and thought man i could whip this track out in 1-2 hours and be able to practice my lines, starts and general racing .....all at the hotel the night before and get a bunch more "seat time" than my opponents. At a major race....were companies are starting to invest BIG money.... they will use every tool they can to get an advantage..... and driving a couple thousand extra laps could not hurt..... (if the sim and track are good that is)

Right now i have working...... a way to manipulate the ground (think ATV vs MX) and still have to make a way to "paint it". But im thinking modders could just paint it them selves with photoshop (thats what i do).

Keep a lookout in the RCSIM's forums under Wish List and ill post more when i have it.

Kevin
That's great news and will make this program far more successful. Being able to build your own track, or the track you're about to compete on would make it, as you said, a very useful "tool". So many times at the track, I don't get much practice at all, for various reasons. This would allow people to develop that muscle memory for the layout.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

People are paying for this?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I want this so bad!!!!!! I just am waiting for the controller calibrator to come out to see if it works. I'm sure it will but just in case. :-D
Old 07-29-2012, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

looks like an awesome project, please continue to support this, I will be trying this after work today
Old 07-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Spawne32
People are paying for this?

I finally got a chance to play it with my VRC USB adapter. With my M8, I'm having the same issues as others. I'm getting less than half throttle or steering throw, and it pulls to the right. Hopefully that update will solve this.

I see enormous potential. Being able to run on rainy days, and even experiment with new layouts is an AWESOME idea. The Off Road RC community has been waiting a very long time for something like this. Please keep us posted.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Kinda weird to see 3 local tracks (proving grounds, AMS raceway, and The RC factory) in a video game lol! what about Dirt Burners do you have it mapped out?

Looking forward to racing on this game once all of the bugs are worked out.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

What are you guys doing to get the VRC adapter to work. I have one I've never used with my current computer. Just plug in and pair? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.