Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kudos, Bro! You've made the infamous list

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/se...End/index.html

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/Se...oubleX4WE.html
Old 10-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

That thing is awesome, I wanna build one!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

anymore updates?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vr6cj
anymore updates?
As soon as I get some time I will post some stuff like the battery hold down and some of the parts I have finished a little more.

But, I will say this after having it at the track one more time. Man does this thing handle awesome. Moving the weight forward and the longer rear arms really make it soak up the bumps. And I have never had a car that can carry this much speed through a corner and be so smooth. It is so relaxed around the track and doesn't make your butt pucker like some of the cars on the market.

I measured the track width on the rear and it a few mm too wide. I have to modify the rear arm mounts to narrow it up. But that won't affect handling dramatically. In fact it should give it a little more rear traction coming out of corners.

When I am no longer working 12 hour days (done this for the last 7 days at work) I will have some time to finish things up and post some pics. I would do some now but I'm dead on my feet.

I can't believe there aren't more comments about the body choice. I posted some pics on the xx-4 thread and it seems like everyone thinks it some other car. Everyone wants a cab forward body and the Proline Bulldog for the b44.1 drops onto the xx-4. FYI the new extended chassis body is too long for the xx-4.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How much do you want for the car? Money is no object!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dougoilman661
PMed
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dougoilman661
So, is it sold?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Suspended

How much for you to make me one of these????
Old 11-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losi b
So, is it sold?
Nope I still have it. Haven't heard back from the guy.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lv4sndz
How much for you to make me one of these????
No idea. I made most of this car from stuff laying around and some brand new parts. But I do this for fun and the engineering challenge not as a job.

Its not even done yet! I might get the last things done this weekend and post some pics of what I have done to my 22 as well.

Last edited by NitrousBIG; 11-23-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

I promised that I would get some pics up of the battery hold down and I figured better late than never. I also had some questions on another thread about the body mounting so I included some pics of that to.

This is what hold in the battery! Its the stock servo mount. I was going to but a brace on it to hold the battery down but it does't need it.

You can see how tight the fit is.

Everything place.

Here I am holding up the car with the battery wires and the battery isn't moving. In fact it hasn't yet moved while on the track.

Like I have said in previous posts I am VERY busy but I hope to get to the track this coming weekend, if life doesn't get in the way again.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm assuming you have to remove the body post on the battery-side, to remove the battery.. correct? Either way, your car is looking good man! Love it!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by weavty1
I'm assuming you have to remove the body post on the battery-side, to remove the battery.. correct? Either way, your car is looking good man! Love it!
Actually the battery just slips by the body post. Its like that battery is meant to fit there! I just have to remove two screws and the battery comes out.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Should have some picks up tomorrow of the changes I made to the rear end.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Had the car at an indoor track the other day and tuned on it the whole day. The car is getting faster on the wet clay surface but I didn't have the right springs to make the correct changes.

After I got the rear to hookup by changing the camber link locations and rear shock oil I started to notice the car dumping onto the front end. Unfortunately I didn't have heavier front springs and changing the oil to a thicker weight wasn't enough. The front also felt kind of light coming out of corners on power so I am thinking about limiting the front shocks and making a rear sway bar.

The one thing that really helped was getting rid of the clicker and locking it out. This allowed the car to get into the corners quicker and I didn't notice a reduction in cornering speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.