Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HELP! I think i fried my brand new Tekin RX8 Combo!! >

HELP! I think i fried my brand new Tekin RX8 Combo!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP! I think i fried my brand new Tekin RX8 Combo!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Now that crashbox has that off his chest maybe we can get back on topic.

FYI crashbox, you sound like an angry man. There's no point going off at them completely until you have rationally spoken to the guys there. If they muck around just keep on them. Going to the police is a bit much.... And protesting outside their shop? Come on dude.

How about people talking civil to each other to try and resolve a problem? And if reasoning doesn't work, hey that's why we have the ACCC here in Australia.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Be sure to take as many pictures of the wiring the way it is now, just in case the shop "corrects" their mistake and claims there is nothing wrong with the way it was wired.
Bob
Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

PM Randy Pike and see what he says. He is the main guy for Tekin if I recall correctly.

Not sure if they will help you or not since its not their fault the hobbyshop wired it up wrong, but maybe given your situation they could do a one-off deal and get you going again.

That is kind of what happened to me with Speed Passion thanks to Shawn Palmer when the Silver Arrow V1 ESC took down all my stuff pretty much.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slyts6
Now that crashbox has that off his chest maybe we can get back on topic.

FYI crashbox, you sound like an angry man. There's no point going off at them completely until you have rationally spoken to the guys there. If they muck around just keep on them. Going to the police is a bit much.... And protesting outside their shop? Come on dude.

How about people talking civil to each other to try and resolve a problem? And if reasoning doesn't work, hey that's why we have the ACCC here in Australia.
i just know how i would have felt at 14 to have some idiot in a shop wire something wrong and fry my stuff. the op said they are already dicking him around on this, he paid them for a service and the botched it. i understand you want to defend your shop/mates. but comeon, the op wouldnt pay them and come home and mess it up...... he needs to take what ever steps to get his cash from those jokers or get himself a new esc. bottom line is if they did that to him, who else do they do it to?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You could have bought a decent soldering iron for $80..... Just saying.... Still six what happened though and I hope that the LHS will rectify the situation.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I was afraid that would be the case.

They probably know that if they screwed up the soldering job, they would potentially be on the hook for an expensive item.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Crashbox
i just know how i would have felt at 14 to have some idiot in a shop wire something wrong and fry my stuff. the op said they are already dicking him around on this, he paid them for a service and the botched it. i understand you want to defend your shop/mates. but comeon, the op wouldnt pay them and come home and mess it up...... he needs to take what ever steps to get his cash from those jokers or get himself a new esc. bottom line is if they did that to him, who else do they do it to?
Umm buddy... That's exactly what I have not been saying this whole time. They are not my "mates"...I dont give two craps about the guys in there. They are just my LHS... That is all.

I have not even been defending them. All I have been saying is if he wants to sort this out, then calling the police and protesting won't do anything but get their backs up. It's exactly what I would do in their situation.

I completely feel for him. I know what it's like to save your butt off for something, and for some clown to muck it up is a bloody joke.

You know how the owner acts in this place (I know too) but talking to him rationally my help your situtation. Personally if I was in your shoes I would talk to them... See what they say/offer. If you don't like what they offer then make it clear YOU are not happy with the service you paid for and let them know you will peruse this issue. Call the ACCC and know your rights and then talk to the shop again.

Best of luck matey.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait. Your tellin me you paid them $80 to solder that for you?like $80 WHOLE?American curreny right?

You could have shipped it to me here for $15,i could have soldered it for $5and then shipped it back for $15 and get insurance both ways for$5 each way. Thats only $45 (which is still to much for a solder job) and you would have half your money back. You could have had a nice lunch,and a hotwire interface?!?!?!?!?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

From the way you described it was wired sounds to me like the lhs guy wired it up like it was an RS not an RX8. Just sayin!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
You could have bought a decent soldering iron for $80..... Just saying.... Still six what happened though and I hope that the LHS will rectify the situation.
I do all my own soldering, with this. less than $20... No one is going to care more about your stuff than you.....

http://www.amazon.com/Weller-SP40LK-.../dp/B000HE5BZS
Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Umm buddy... That's exactly what I have not been saying this whole time. They are not my "mates"...I dont give two craps about the guys in there. They are just my LHS... That is all.

I have not even been defending them. All I have been saying is if he wants to sort this out, then calling the police and protesting won't do anything but get their backs up. It's exactly what I would do in their situation.

I completely feel for him. I know what it's like to save your butt off for something, and for some clown to muck it up is a bloody joke.

You know how the owner acts in this place (I know too) but talking to him rationally my help your situtation. Personally if I was in your shoes I would talk to them... See what they say/offer. If you don't like what they offer then make it clear YOU are not happy with the service you paid for and let them know you will peruse this issue. Call the ACCC and know your rights and then talk to the shop again.

Best of luck matey.
well say what you want, we both know that shop is going to screw him either way, they botched a $280 esc and they will not do a damm thing about it, and here in the states that classifys as destruction of private property seen it with local shops. but im done you came out at me assuming things proves what you are, hop in your holden estate car and kick on with your life bud.

op i hope you get this sorted out one way or another, if not like i said call tekin and speak to them they are super cool that way, and ya next time spend the money and toy with soldering i doubt you could do worse than the person whom was paid to do it. good luck.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by jonee589; 02-13-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by jonee589; 02-13-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Crashbox
but im done you came out at me assuming things proves what you are, hop in your holden estate car and kick on with your life bud.
I'll gladly get in my Holden and I hope you get into your shyte American built wagon with wood grain panels.

Anyway buddy I'm not supporting the Hobbyman in any way. I think they SHOULD replace the esc seeing as the stuffed it, but I just think there are better ways of approaching a bad situation.

Each to their own crashbox.

End of story.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

I'll gladly get in my Holden and I hope you get into your shyte American built wagon with wood grain panels.

Anyway buddy I'm not supporting the Hobbyman in any way. I think they SHOULD replace the esc seeing as the stuffed it, but I just think there are better ways of approaching a bad situation.

Each to their own crashbox.

End of story.
Bad day?
Wouldn't you be mad if you just paid someone $80 to solder your brand new tekin you have been drooling over for 3 months?!?!?Im pretty sure you would let emotions get to you before even thinking about how you should approach it. Relation:That brand new camaro your wife got you as a gift then the next day someone stole it.
Im not really sure what your first sentance means either but if your talking about the tekin RX8 being "shyte" your sadly mistakin because tekin has the best motors and esc's on the market,opinion (viper is evenly matched) I would like to hear what you run in your car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.