Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hyper 7's are crazy strong and parts are really cheap for them

skip to 1:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cScxjT-cvF4
Old 01-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been pretty stoked with my Slash 4x4, I have taken it out to a BMX jump park, and off the big kickers, it kicks a$$, like some one else said, just about any traxxas!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well its somethin like this... Opinions are like ___holes.. Everyone has them, some stink worse than others.. You show me an "unbreakable" R/C car and I'll show u a liar! Hand me the stick and hold my beer!!! They just don't exist! Look into a product that has Unmatched aftermarket support! Look for a product that has stock replacement parts readily available at your LHS... You know the phrase "You break it - You buy it"... Well in the R/C world it's "You buy it - You break it".. BOTTOM LINE!!! I say traxxas! Why do I say Traxxas?? Well obviously I own one (and have owned) several.. On top of that I can go 15 minutes up the road and buy ANYTHING I HAPPEN TO BREAK from my LHS... Bottom line, it's going to break! Do u want to wait on UPS to deliver your parts while u sit on ur @$$.. Or go grab the parts u need locally without paying shipping & very little mark-up...
Old 03-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nickypoo
u need a savage flux

period
Agreed. savage flux is amazing. why do they call this tank a monster truck? oh, because it beats all the cars on my street
Old 03-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dhthmn114
Well its somethin like this... Opinions are like ___holes.. Everyone has them, some stink worse than others.. You show me an "unbreakable" R/C car and I'll show u a liar! Hand me the stick and hold my beer!!! They just don't exist! Look into a product that has Unmatched aftermarket support! Look for a product that has stock replacement parts readily available at your LHS... You know the phrase "You break it - You buy it"... Well in the R/C world it's "You buy it - You break it".. BOTTOM LINE!!! I say traxxas! Why do I say Traxxas?? Well obviously I own one (and have owned) several.. On top of that I can go 15 minutes up the road and buy ANYTHING I HAPPEN TO BREAK from my LHS... Bottom line, it's going to break! Do u want to wait on UPS to deliver your parts while u sit on ur @$$.. Or go grab the parts u need locally without paying shipping & very little mark-up...
very true, although i do prefer hpi over traxxas.not a fanboy, still like traxxas, but im with HPI
Old 03-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well the prob the OP said under $250?????? sounds like a used slash 4x4 to me? yeah 1/8 E truggy would be best for jumping, but you would have to push it by hand for $250..if must be new, stampede or 2wd slash. not many options. after spending over $500 on a slash 4x4, i threw in the towel, bought a 1/8. but my son loves the slash,,,,but he likes my truggy better,
Old 03-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ffr3247r
I have had a tmaxx,emaxx and a savage.

Tmaxx was ok after about 700 worth of hop ups.
emaxx was a total pos. Broke every time I took it out. My buddy had a revo and he hit my savy and he was done for the day but the savy just kept on rolling.
The savage is a total beast. Had I done my research I would have bought the savage first. Awesome out the box. Tough to break. I am know as the carnageking so im not easy on one.

I now own a flux hp. Same platform as a savage but electric. Save yourself headaches and money and get a savage.
savage flux all the way
Old 03-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've heard the savage flux is great, never had one though... I have a slash 4x4 pl with RPM arms and towers, I take it to the skate park all the time, it is great and I would totally recommend it!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Rookie

2wd Stampede all day. id avoid the 4wd for jumping. I just sold my 4x4 stampede because i got tired of snapping rear axles and stripping wheel hexes.m you won't be able to do the fun front/back flips with the 2wd, but then you won't be breaking parts constantly either.

just change the shock caps to aluminum, and convert the rear gears to 32p, and have a nearly unbreakable truck for an unbeatable price.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Vorza have the world record
Old 03-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Yea the hpi vorza is bulletproof never seen one break only thing ive seen break was a bent drive shaft
Old 03-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

You guys are missing the under 250 dollar requirement. I forgot to mention the ECX Ruckus or the Aarma Raider. These would be good for the budget and very durable.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Your price range.....slash 4x4. That or 1/8th scale buggy or truggy if you want something nicer $$. The slash is tough as nails and very fast. 4x4 in general makes it easier to line up for jumps/ramps.