Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What has been everyones best rc car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've had a number of cars I loved to race. A Kyosho Lazer ZX-RR, a Tamiya C-Series, and a heavily modified Tamiya Madcap get honorable mentions, but my favourite is the Losi XX-4. I'm still driving the same XX-4 I raced with in '98, and it's still winning me races, and qualifying me on the front row at State Championships and State Series races. It was revolutionary when it came out and it is still one of the best cars to drive. The only car Losi ever re-released for performance reasons, and probably the only car to beat it's successor to a World Championship.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

How much time in general do the brands keep selling spare parts for their cars?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I guess their are different ways to look at the term "best", but I'd say my best was my first, a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin. I loved that thing to death back when I was 8, and it eventually is the truck that drove me to start racing. I'd probably say my best in terms of favorite was my old RC10L, god bless that thing, many memories of TQ's and A wins.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

The question is volontary subjective. Talk about what is/was the best car for you. For some it will be the one they were the fastest with, for others the one that was the best suited to their driving style, for others the one they had the most fun with, best souvenirs etc.. It doesn't matter
Old 01-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The only car I really love is the Kyosho Optima/Turbo Optima. I have an original Option House Gold Celebration chassis Optima, and had a ton of parts I'd acquired back in the day--enough to mostly build 2 more. However, I wanted a car that was a proper on-road driver, and nothing modern really intriqued me. I also wanted a bulletproof offroad car with modern electronics that was a heavy-duty beast. My solution was to heavily mod & customize 2 "new" Turbo Optimas using a combination of modern alloy parts and the best hop-up parts from the mid- to late-80's.

The "new" Optimas are my CYANide and Barney projects and both are loaded with alloy parts, belt drives, hard final pinions, upgraded steering & suspension components, CVDs, and a bunch of my own fabricated parts. The best thing about those 2? Nobody else has anything like them.

I also wanted to add a 2WD car to my modest stable, so what am I gonna do? Use some more of my parts and experience gained through a lot of trial (and a lot more error) to build a RWD Optima. I want to take it several steps further than merely removing the chain & front diff & dogbones, I want it to balance well, the battery will probably mount longitudinally, the wheelbase will be extended a tad, it'll have a wider stance, etc.

CYANide:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=17726

Barney (in progress):
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21530
Attached Thumbnails What has been everyones best rc car?-cyanide.jpg   What has been everyones best rc car?-cyanide2.jpg   What has been everyones best rc car?-barney.jpg  
Old 01-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

SAVAGE FLUX IS MY FAVORITE.....
Every body should try one if you haven't yet ..
Old 01-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

my favorite has to be my orginal nitro rs4, it was by far the car I had the most fun with and most wheel time on in my life. I started r/c 27 years ago with a blackfoot and never looked back since.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hot bodies d4 > love it
Old 01-06-2012, 02:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Best RC car. The best performing car I have had has been my HHH Ve8.

The most fun car I have had to race has been the Slash 2wd. That's what really piqued my interest in this hobby. It's not the best handling truck I have driven, but nothing has been as much fun to drive.