Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

lcg chasis slash 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The Slash 4x4 doesnt even really need a LCG chassis to be competitive IMO , spend some time tweaking the suspension and run the right tires and that will help you the most . Box stock the shock oils and spring rates are pretty off and setup more for the basher than the racer .

That said the other 4x4SCT's are better IMO for racing not just because they have lower CG but because their design is better all around .
Old 05-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Welll I own and currently run Both the slash PE and the Losi scte and the common factor is i get a BIG smile when running either truck..
The slash works well and lowering it abit helps it a lot, the losi is great right out of the box and while it doesnt seem as fast, the lap times dont lie... The slash seems to have a lot of nervous energy .. like it needs ritalin and the losi i guess due to its weight ,seems planted, and calm in comparison.
Will a LCG chassis help? well the only way to know is to pony up the $$ to find out anything other than that is someone elses opinion and welll we know where opinions seem to go...
If the lcg chassis is heavier its probably good, if it sits a bit lower thats prob good too.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last edited by rcuser67898578; 12-12-2023 at 03:45 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I for one can say that a lcg slash DOES help the lap times! I've had a couple of indications/proof it does. Straight from conversion with almost no tuning I was over 2 seconds a lap faster. I've tuned some and still need more but am even faster then at first launch. I also have some guys I race with which I try to judge mayself off of. With one of them (indoor season ended) I am no longer battling but leading most of the time. I only have about 4 months of track time in this hobby and last I played before that was about 5 yrs ago. I know I will get even faster with some more tuning, and not even counting stick time which also helps. I will say that I think any lcg will make a racer faster 80% of the time. You'll always have some that will be fast with the slash no matter what.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny-RC
oops the other guy was right.... this link should work.....

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....39881522746685
Yeah, that link works. But you still have to sign in....
Old 05-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by rcuser67898578; 12-12-2023 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

I am at work, but I work from home. I"ve been my own boss for almost two years. I just don't have a facebook. hahaha.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by rcuser67898578; 12-12-2023 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Most definitely. But it wouldn't be nearly as fun.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
The Slash 4x4 doesnt even really need a LCG chassis to be competitive IMO , spend some time tweaking the suspension and run the right tires and that will help you the most . Box stock the shock oils and spring rates are pretty off and setup more for the basher than the racer .
I tweaked my slash to death, and it still had traction rolling issues even running extremely low ride height and tuned shocks, because the raised stock chassis makes it un competetive against the other stock lcg chassis trucks.

That said the other 4x4SCT's are better IMO for racing not just because they have lower CG but because their design is better all around .
Well, this statement is mostly true concerning a stock chassis Slash, but with the SSClcg chassis, the Slash4x4 is every bit as competetive and even more than some of the other available trucks out there. This, along with the rock solid durability, make it one of the best designs available.

Not trying to be offensive here, but There is absolutely NO comparison from a stock "tweaked" slash, and the ssclcg chassis. I have been living it EVERY time I go to the track. It's not even close.

For me, I just keep on enjoying all the attention this truck gets as it rails around the track. The ear to ear grin I have as I'm passing fast drivers that I couldn't before the chassis change is priceless. To see the frustration in their faces because they just spent 3,4,500$$ on the new latest 4x4 after dumping their slashes and got passed in a turn by my lcg slash while they traction roll...PRICLESS.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by nytryder
I tweaked my slash to death, and it still had traction rolling issues even running extremely low ride height and tuned shocks, because the raised stock chassis makes it un competetive against the other stock lcg chassis trucks.

Well, this statement is mostly true concerning a stock chassis Slash, but with the SSClcg chassis, the Slash4x4 is every bit as competetive and even more than some of the other available trucks out there. This, along with the rock solid durability, make it one of the best designs available.

Not trying to be offensive here, but There is absolutely NO comparison from a stock "tweaked" slash, and the ssclcg chassis. I have been living it EVERY time I go to the track. It's not even close.

For me, I just keep on enjoying all the attention this truck gets as it rails around the track. The ear to ear grin I have as I'm passing fast drivers that I couldn't before the chassis change is priceless. To see the frustration in their faces because they just spent 3,4,500$$ on the new latest 4x4 after dumping their slashes and got passed in a turn by my lcg slash while they traction roll...PRICLESS.
HMMM... its 1:28 in the morning you must be dreaming
Old 05-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CORRRCR
HMMM... its 1:28 in the morning you must be dreaming

And then he woke up and had to face reality

I never said that LCG chassis wouldnt help , I said it wasnt needed to make the Slash 4x4 competitive . I race against a few guys that run Slash 4x4's with my Losi Ten SCTE and any of them could be on the podium on any given race day .

And I stand by my design statement , sorry those slider driveshafts that pack up with dirt , the center shaft area that would get debris in it and chew the center driveshaft up , the amazing exploding after a few runs center diff/slipper bearing , the "made out of lead" axles , un adjustable servo saver that would get weak after a few races , I could go on but you get the picture .

I raced a Slash 4x4 for a whole season and did ok with it but got fed up with the C/D bearing and all the other little things that it needed (hardly ever would traction roll though) , switched to an Ofna Hyper10SC and was immediately faster by a whole lap at the local track .
Old 05-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Bashem.....All I'm saying is with the ssclcg kit, it eliminates all the problems you described with the factory Slash4x4...except the rear driveshaft issue. I run Teknos on mine with no issues. I also have decreased my laptimes like you have .

Last edited by nytryder; 05-29-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Originally Posted by nytryder
Bashem.....All I'm saying is with the ssclcg kit, it eliminates all the problems you described with the factory Slash4x4...except the rear driveshaft issue. I run Teknos on mine with no issues. I also have increased my laptimes like you have .
Can you give a complete list of the mods that you have done to the slash 4x4? rpm, cvd, shocks, lcg chassis, etc...
Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Listen Corrcr, I'm not giving you anything. You are the type of person that likes to talk smack and I'm not going to play your game. So, pound sand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.