Wiki Posts
Search

Help The Newboy

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Help The Newboy

HI
NEW GUY HERE FROM ENGLAND JUST GETTING INTO THIS GREAT HOBBEY BUT NEED HELP,HAVE CHANCE ON FUTABA 3VC
WHICH IS THE ONE I WANT BUT IT HAS NO INSTRUCTIONS I HAVE LOOKED ON FUTABA WEBSITE CANT EVEN SEE IT LISTED, CAN ANY ONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION PREFER TO BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD,ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT AS ALMOST READY TO GET THE XB8 RUNING
MANY THANKS NA231271
Old 09-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

I tried to PM you, but your settings are such that my PM is rejected by your account.

Get it sorted and I'll send you the message again.

Welcome to the Forum!!

Regards

Horatio

Ps. The 3VC is great.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

The message I sent you read:

I've heard that there's a HS response version of the 3VC coming soon, but I have no details. Looking at Futaba's website you'd be forgiven for thinking the 3VC doesn't even exist.

The 3VC is a very complete radio, the only surface radio with 3rd channel mixing infact, so there are certain things you can do with this radio that you can't do with any others. It's great for Nitro racers and also Large Scale model car users too who need to adjust their brake balance whilst racing. The PCM receiver is excellent - totally glitch proof (I once finished a race minus the 90% of the arial wire - still not a single glitch). Add to that the built in failsafe and you're sorted for 1/8th Nitro - just make sure you set it up correctly.

Other functions like digital trims, subtrims, ATLs that you can adjust while you race are features that you wonder how you ever did without. On the 3VC, the EPA's are set in each direction, so you can really optimise your throttle and braking. It makes things so easy to set-up.

Then you've got exponential curves you can use for the steering and throttle, ABS for your braking, traction control - you name it, it's there. And of course it's a superior 'stick radio' not one of those silly steering wheel things!

For use with more basic FM receivers, you can set the Transmitter to PPM mode. This is especially handy if you have lots of cars (like me) but don't have PCM receivers in every one of them.

Hope this helps. For me the choice was very simple - pay a little more and get the best surface radio ever made.