Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bombertodd
I lost the stock screw in a race once. Bought the serrated ones and have never had a problem since. I locktite the threads first time I put wheels on each day.
No need for locktite with the serrated ones. I have not even had a loose nut yet.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

going to change my shocks need to go bit softer...what is what? stock is yellow or orange? what is it hard/med/soft... not sure what is the 2.2/2.3/1.3 ect stand for..med/soft/hard..

i like the front red how it is..just going to mess with shock oil on it

thanks guys
Old 01-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohhhwee
going to change my shocks need to go bit softer...what is what? stock is yellow or orange? what is it hard/med/soft... not sure what is the 2.2/2.3/1.3 ect stand for..med/soft/hard..

thanks guys
The numbers are spring rates (lb/in)

Colors are the same as the XXX series.

Fronts Soft to hard
Red
Orange
silver
green

Rears
Gray
white
yellow
pink

(I can't remember how far the 22 series go)

Stock is reds in the front and yellows in the rear.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Well i just got a losi 22 and wanna know what gearing i should run with a 13.5 and wanna know if its good enough for a medium outdoor track or should i go with more motor?I hate running on carpet but if i ever have to they have 13.5 for the rules so im wondering is how much boost or turbo should i run to make it decent for outside?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
The numbers are spring rates (lb/in)

Colors are the same as the XXX series.

Fronts Soft to hard
Red
Orange
silver
green

Rears
Gray
white
yellow
pink

(I can't remember how far the 22 series go)

Stock is reds in the front and yellows in the rear.

cool thanks
Old 01-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

hey guys im about to build a b-fast 22 ball diff
I have a XXX 12 ball diff gearand i am wondering if you recommend using it.

ive heard using less diff balls decreases wear
Old 01-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Swiched over from deans to connectors and ive had a losi shorty pack and the connectors feel really tight to remove from the battery. Also i just bought a protek shorty and the size of the holes on the battery are alot bigger than the losi pack to the point that i cant connect it. What do i need to be able to run both of these packs in my car?
Old 01-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ohhhwee

thanks guys
Buggy Spring Chart
Buggy Big Bore Spring Chart
Old 01-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

awesome thanks

btw just wondering if anyone is using difference spring on there 22 other than the losi brand springs..does it make a difference or pretty much the same?

thanks
Old 01-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wstuart
hey guys im about to build a b-fast 22 ball diff
I have a XXX 12 ball diff gearand i am wondering if you recommend using it.

ive heard using less diff balls decreases wear
The 12 ball diff centers the diff balls on the ring more. The 14 ball diff the balls ride further out on the ring.

I have not tested the 12 ball unit. I am having to good of luck with the 14 to try it. I got 8 full race days out of my stock 22 diff befor it got notchy.

I actully just rebuilt it last night with the B-fast kit and am very impressed. I think with the B-fast kit its going to be darn near bullet proof.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know people with shumachers and kyosho BB's ca run losi springs, so I think it would be the same the other way around, so you can probably run shumacher or kyosho springs, but they're really expensive and no differant, just stick with the losi's (but I think kyosho has more options, but a 4x the price I wouldn't bother)

I'll be running dirt for the first time in a year with a mid motor car. I've done some mods so its a pretty short wheelbase with more rear weight (fliped the rear arms), should be fun.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
I know people with shumachers and kyosho BB's ca run losi springs, so I think it would be the same the other way around, so you can probably run shumacher or kyosho springs, but they're really expensive and no differant, just stick with the losi's (but I think kyosho has more options, but a 4x the price I wouldn't bother)

I'll be running dirt for the first time in a year with a mid motor car. I've done some mods so its a pretty short wheelbase with more rear weight (fliped the rear arms), should be fun.
When i ran the car mid motor stock on dirt the only thing it did was turn. lol rear traction was almost nonexistant.

Very interested to see how your Mid motor configuration does.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Selling off

I'm just curious to why people are buying the Losi 22 and then simply selling them off on such turn around. Is it personal perspective, buying it to run a couple of time and then dumping them off or what. I'm just wondering if its worth buting it. I was also looking into the B44 also. any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redwings
I'm just curious to why people are buying the Losi 22 and then simply selling them off on such turn around. Is it personal perspective, buying it to run a couple of time and then dumping them off or what. I'm just wondering if its worth buting it. I was also looking into the B44 also. any help would be great.

Thanks
In the last three months I have purchased an Associated B44.1, Durango DEX410R, and most recently a Losi 22. Sold off the 44.1 and 410R within a month of purchase. I liked both cars but my 44.1 kept breaking front arms and shock shafts, and parts are next to impossible to get for the 410.

There are many factors involved. I am sure you could say that since there are a lot of 22's for sale, that there must be something wrong, but you also have to consider that maybe 2wd is not popular at some tracks, maybe parts are hard to find, maybe someone wants a 4.1 or SC truck like their friend. Who knows.

I like the 22 and will keep it for now. Who knows, I may eventually sell that too and buy something else, but so far so good.

The most important factors for me are durability, parts, tuning, and support. Losi has all four. The buggy is very tunable, but you have to take the time to set it up to your liking. Maybe some people did not have the patience or skills to dial it in and sold theirs instead.

Where are you seeing all these 22's being unloaded? I may pick up another one for stock class.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Question. Some people run their battery forward for more steering some run theirs back for more traction. I run a saddle pack. The saddle pack end to end is almost the same size as a stick pack. I was thinking instead of placing foam in the back or the front, how about between the saddle packs. That way I am running it back and forward at the same time?

Has this been tried? If not I expect royalties.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.