Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC8e Rally

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I saw the 1/5 scale light pods pics. Very nice. Did you cut up the LED torches to make the pods?
Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, i used only the front section of the torches.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Lars, after countless hours looking at actual PIAA and Hella light pods and comparing them to available RC stuff, I got 2 ideas for the rally light pods. One is to use the HPI Baja clear light pods. They are clear and lexan, so can paint. They attach to body with clips.

Another is to use the RPM Slash bumper light pods. Its easy to mount to the hood with screws. In both case, my issue is how to conceal the LED wiring.
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC8e Rally-hpi-light-pod-.jpg   Associated RC8e Rally-lhpic7588.jpg   Associated RC8e Rally-rpm80982.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Also found these on the MCD rally. Nicely done. Wondering what lights are used. I am getting some ideas now.

Will be putting my build thread shortly. The basic parts have arrived. I am excited. Thanks for the help, Lars and rctech.
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC8e Rally-img_3842.jpg   Associated RC8e Rally-x4%2520rally%2520cup%25206%2520027.jpg   Associated RC8e Rally-img_3946.jpg  
Old 03-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

I like this body too, even if it is not a licensed body like the Focus, 206, Mitsubishi and the earleir bodies from MCD was. But this new body can be painted as you wish to almost make it look exactly like the body you want to, being Impreza, Fiesta or similar used in WRC and rally nowadays.

I am wondering a bit too on this lightpod used on the red one, looks very nice. I think the pics are from some winterrally in Finland.

Nice to help you out, and pleas make a thread soon