Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to buy

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Looking to buy

Hi all I'm planning on jumping into this thing head first. I am looking for some info about a few different models that have interested me. These are the four:
HPI E-Firestorm 10T Flux
Losi Speed T
Traxxas Rustler VXI
Associated RC10T4.1
Back in the mid 90's i had an RC10GT. I loved it! With the recent advancements in the electric area, nitro doen't seem to appealing. I also want to get into electric because i think it would be easier for my son to get into it with me. I know that i want a brushless system. What are some pro's and con's for the above models? Any info will help. I am leaning torwards the losi, just trying to find out if that is a good idea. Are there other models out there like the ones above that I have not mentioned? Thanks everyone.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Get The T4.1, Get The Factory Team If Possibble
Old 09-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

E-Firestorm(my favorite).....Pros-close to T4 on raceability with a little work, tougher all around truck...far less breakage at my track Cons-Brushed model only available thru hobbytown, less part availability

T4.1....will most likely be the highest recommended here Pros-very race designed, lots of parts availability...Cons-not know for being real tough. T4's front ends seem to end up broken regularly at my track.

Rustler.....Pros-tough bashing truck with some RPM upgraded, huge parts support pretty much evey LHS has em...Cons-not that great on a track (ok that was being nice) they have not done well at all at my track

Losi speedT...no experience with them, but I am not impressed with most the 10th scale Losi stuff lately
Old 09-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you're planning on racing, get the T4.1 brushless. and as far as them breaking, upgrade the front and rear a-arms to RPM's and you're golden
Old 09-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

If you think you will be doing any racing at all go for the t4.1 or the losi xxxt-cr, those two pretty much rule the race tracks around most areas. Lots of parts and easy to work on both. Don't need upgrades on either for the most part.. though some are available. I know for the xxxt you can get a large RPM front bumper that will really protect the truck well for beginers racing (son) or if you are just out bashing and want to keep it safer.

I started with a rustler and with some RPM parts and aluminum shock caps and it is pretty durable and comes w/ a velineon system for a reasonable price, keep in mind it's a joke on the race track. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone after driving t4's and xxxt's.

The speed-t is about in the same class as the rustler Imo, a little better but not enough to say so.

The hpi firestorm I have no experience with.. so no comment.

my2c

I will say most short course trucks are more durable than those trucks and are a lot more fun racing around at the track or not. Tons of threads on which are the best, but this class is typically the biggest class at any race track you will go to... so there is competition at all levels.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:41 PM
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

depends on what you plan on doing if your just gonna bash rustler 100% or is your going to race then get the t4.1!!

I run the traxxas motor and speed control in my t4 and its a fun class to run. I usually race it inside but have about a half dozen races in the dirt with it this season