MRC / Academy SB Sport 4wd Buggy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MRC / Academy SB Sport 4wd Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

The paint is pearl, blue, red, green, silver, and gold glitter paint. Then it was backed in black. Copper was used for the masked out areas. The mask came from www.rcxotic.com.

The motor mount fits the bushless great. I will mount a brushed motor in the car and take some pictures. The brushless is lowered on the mount it fits into the cut out on the chassis but does not come through. It has the same movement distance as the original mount and the original bearing hold down works. I had a friend CNC the mount for me as a favor, but I know he is busy with other work so I don't know about selling them.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Here is a pic with the mount in the car with a brushed motor.
Attached Thumbnails MRC / Academy SB Sport 4wd Buggy-p1010003_-1-.jpg  
Old 08-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Another Pic
Attached Thumbnails MRC / Academy SB Sport 4wd Buggy-p1010005_-1-.jpg  
Old 08-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

the tabs look to be in better positions. You probably will get better airflow. Man I wish I had a friend who could do that for me!

You should post your pic on the other boards. I can do it for you if you want.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Initiate

We need to see more pictures of y'all's rides. There's only a few pics of people's cars. I'll post mine as soon as I get my film developed.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's mine for you then....
Attached Thumbnails MRC / Academy SB Sport 4wd Buggy-top-deck-2a.jpg  
Old 08-06-2004, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

Duh-

You did a good job on your motor mount. I worked on mine today.

I dont know anyone who has or uses the kose mount but after having possesed 2 different motor mounts and not having seen in kose in person (working off pictures) and programming my version of camless mount (t-mount) into mastercam -I've concluded (correct me if I'm wrong) the kose wasnt originally made just for the sb sport. The height of the mount from top to bottom appears to be too tall (or taller than the mounts that I own) thus making the upper deck sit higher than it should.
The motor holes and slots would line up but It just seems to be a bit big.
I will be milling and filleting a prototype "T-mount" tommorrow. We'll make fine adjustments from there and I'll let you guy know whats happpening with that. One the production has started I will post pics and will have them available for 60 USD plus shipping.
As`for spurs I will have modified 78 tooths spurs available in 1 week for 6.50 each.
As for chassis work I have my hands full with this mount so I will not get into the carbon fiber. Someone else can have fun with that for now.
Take care!

threeewes

P.S. Its nice to see more and more sb sport owners

Last edited by threeEwes; 08-06-2004 at 02:59 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:47 AM
Tech Legend

ThreeEwes: What material are you going to be making your mount out of? Also, can you post a weight comparison between your final production mount and the stock mount as well as the alloy mount? ( I believe you have one ).

Any thoughts on steering arms?
Old 08-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

There are two routes that you could possibly take with the steering arms Cain, either make some out of aluminium, which will be complicated and expensive, or, as in my car, make a topdeck like mine, and buy the Academy 4wd Nitro Truck steering arms/post, and two extra rear battery posts, this loses the front top deck, give you a one piece top deck (which I believe to be stiffer) and much stiffer steering arms.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Legend

Thanks for the info.

Depending on the info I get and prices, I may wait and see what academy is going to come up with for steering arms.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

cookie, What's the purpose of the red heatshrink-looking stuff on your right side (left in pic) ball cups?

'nuff said,
MX4
Old 08-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Secret.... lol

Nah, quite simple, as the turnbuckles wind in quit far, it allows me to easily see which way the turnbuckle needs to be turned without having to either guess or check the thread direction, so Red Heatshrink means right hand thread...
Old 08-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

We'll weigh all three today-

As for the steering issue you'll need to refresh my memory on that one. (been obsessed over the camless motor mount) I can tell you this... just give a rough idea, pic or drawing of what you want ...we can make it! It wont cost you and arm and a leg!!! Just pm me details.
Have a good one!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Legend

mainly aluminum steering arms as the stocck ones flex. got word that lunsford is going to make screw kits and maybe turbuckle kits for it.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by threeEwes
We'll weigh all three today-

As for the steering issue you'll need to refresh my memory on that one. (been obsessed over the camless motor mount) I can tell you this... just give a rough idea, pic or drawing of what you want ...we can make it! It wont cost you and arm and a leg!!! Just pm me details.
Have a good one!

Do you have a CNC machine to make the motor mount? I can get a IGS file of the one I made.

I will be trying out my motor mount tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.