Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Tc5 man,

Why would you like to change?
I think, there is no problem to use the stock silver/chrome shock shafts.
I do polish all my shock shafts a little bit and use the purple or blue TD, at the moment i have the white Revolution Design 3x2 mm shock o-rings and they run all buttery smoth.

If you run on dirt and you shafts get marks on it, it would be better to protect them with the TD shock boots, otherwise you are fin with the stock on.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Tech Prophet

[QUOTE=micholix;14222613]Tc5 man,

I do polish all my shock shafts a little bit and use the purple or blue TD, at the moment i have the white Revolution Design 3x2 mm shock o-rings and they run all buttery smoth.

If you run on dirt and you shafts get marks on it, it would be better to protect them with the TD shock boots, otherwise you are fin with the stock on.[/QUOTE

Mostly because the stock ones get scratched easy and they get a notchy feeling until they get pumped up more than there smooth . I actually got the gold coated rear ones but not sure why they don't make the same for the Front shafts.

I actually dint know Durango made boots for this buggy .
Old 10-13-2015, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Shock boots for the rear are #TD330017, and for the front are #TD330018.
If your shafts get scatched easily, you should change the plastic shock bottom cartridge as well, they have the #TD330011.

Last edited by micholix; 10-13-2015 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=tc5 man;14222652]
Originally Posted by micholix
Tc5 man,

If you run on dirt and you shafts get marks on it, it would be better to protect them with the TD shock boots, otherwise you are fin with the stock on.[/QUOTE

Mostly because the stock ones get scratched easy and they get a notchy feeling until they get pumped up more than there smooth . I actually got the gold coated rear ones but not sure why they don't make the same for the Front shafts.

I actually dint know Durango made boots for this buggy .
The gold ones were for the Dex410v3 buggy, also an option for the original dex210. The v4 uses black ones, still no idea why they didn't make coated ones for the Dex210v2 for the front.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Default Steering Modification!

Hello everyone,

Here is an update of my steering modification!
Bumpsteer is allready elliminated and the whole asambling works just fine.
I allso have allready an idea, how and where to mount the servo, but have to buy a sevo mount before i can work on further.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-image.jpg  
Old 10-15-2015, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

... One more picture.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

... And the last one.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Default I'm using 44 mm no problem

My son snapped the stock 42.5 mm front shock shaft first day out and all they had were the yellow TiN 44 mm V1 models in stock. I put those in with no problems, the shock body had plenty of room. If u are running shock bladders may not work.l?!?!

Also been using combo of purple and blue O-rings, firmer one on outside, can't remember but I believe purple. Has worked great for me.
Happy RC'ing

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I noticed that the Durango V4 4wd Buggy has the Black coated shafts on the shocks . Will they fit on the Dex210 V2 ? I'm looking for coated Front shock shafts.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default Bent Almuminum Chasis

Anybody else having issues with the aluminum bending down at the Chasis where the rear droop screws hit in the rear. I just redid my rear shocks and added 3 mm of limiters. Mine would keep bending down and causing the droop to be unequal.
Anyone go to the Dimec20 Chasis instead of aluminum and like it? I race mainly indoor clay, med-high. Electrons or similar are good tires.
Thanks
Old 10-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ball cups and turnbuckles

Just curios what turnbuckles and ball cups are u using? Asking a few guys to get ideas.
Thanks

Originally Posted by micholix
... And the last one.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Just curios what turnbuckles and ball cups are u using? Asking a few guys to get ideas.
Thanks
You can use the stock turnbuckles with the associated 5 series ball cups and studs. I am running this on my dex210, and it takes the slop out that I had with the stock durango cups. Plus I have had zero issues with them popping off. Also, I noticed with the offset associated cups I have a stronger pull on the inside wheel to keep it tighter at full lock.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks
Hi Wally, these are lunsford titanium tunbuckles, ball cups and titanium ball studs, actually it was a complete set for the dex210, i was lucky my lhs had them "for sale" for € 60,-! ;o)

Here is the link to the lunsford side:
http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...e=CARS-DDEX210
Old 10-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Tech Prophet

My son snapped the stock 42.5 mm front shock shaft first day out and all they had were the yellow TiN 44 mm V1 models in stock. I put those in with no problems, the shock body had plenty of room. If u are running shock bladders may not work.l?!?!

Also been using combo of purple and blue O-rings, firmer one on outside, can't remember but I believe purple. Has worked great for me.
Happy RC'ing

I just ordered a pair of the Gold Front 44mm shock shafts so they fit the Dex210 V2 Front shock bodies fine ? Do you need to switch to shorter shock rod ends since there longer ? I'm going to use the rubber stoppers on the shafts still on them .

I would think the ride height would need to be readjusted also.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

The only thing the longer shaft will do is give you more droop, if your droop screws are adjusted where you want them now just leave them some, just leave it alone. Make sure you clean the shaft where the screw goes that holds on the piston, use a little dab of blue lock tite, and let it dry overnight.
Good to go..

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I just ordered a pair of the Gold Front 44mm shock shafts so they fit the Dex210 V2 Front shock bodies fine ? Do you need to switch to shorter shock rod ends since there longer ? I'm going to use the rubber stoppers on the shafts still on them .

I would think the ride height would need to be readjusted also.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Default Anyone???

Bump Anyone!!!
Anybody else having issues with the aluminum bending down at the Chasis where the rear droop screws hit in the rear. I just redid my rear shocks and added 3 mm of limiters. Mine would keep bending down and causing the droop to be unequal.
Anyone go to the Dimec20 Chasis instead of aluminum and like it? I race mainly indoor clay, med-high. Electrons or similar are good tires.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.