Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GregerL
Hi there.

I would be the mysterious Swedish contribution in this with only four posts being referred to. I can assure you that I have no association with prograde other than that I am interested in a +8 chassis, and have been for some time, but with the Dimecs snapping right and left I would like to find an alu option. I have been waiting for the RDRP version that never seems to hit the streets.

Right now I am holding out for feedback regarding the LW version that rcjunky on here is testing.

The reason for me asking about prograde is the same as yours, new kid on the block that I never have heard of with a web page that looks less than finished, with no secure payment options. I have been working with card payments over the web and I can assure you that sending your details in an e-mail is A LOT more risky than entering your details in an integrated payment service on the web page. Sending your details in e-mail is never recommended, even if the company receiving the details is a straight shooter, e-mail is very easily intercepted and your details can now be anywhere in the world, personally I would never do it.

If you still doubt that I'm real you can check me out at oople.com, same user name. I may not be the most active poster on forums, but a very active follower. Furthermore I am clubmates with OneKiwi, who is a more active poster on here, so you can always check with him if still in doubt. Together with him I am probably one ofthe guys that know the 210 best in Sweden right now.

oh, and I assure you, I am very Swedish.

BR

Greger
Nice to meet you. Hopefully you were not offended. My goal is to simply watch out for my fellow rctech members. I have read enough stories on here about people joining, posting a few questions, and then selling a bunch of stuff that never arrives. At least those guys used Paypal, so the buyer could at least get their money back.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Nice to meet you. Hopefully you were not offended. My goal is to simply watch out for my fellow rctech members. I have read enough stories on here about people joining, posting a few questions, and then selling a bunch of stuff that never arrives. At least those guys used Paypal, so the buyer could at least get their money back.
Nice to meet you too, no offence taken, just felt I needed to clarify who I was in all this.

As you see from my answer I completely agree with the principle of being cautios with something like this, so I fully understand where you are coming from.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:59 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redwings
I have a pair of (front) schumacher low profile tires and trying o mount them on durango rims but their not fitting properly. What am i doing wrong. Is there a special way ?

Thanks.
So I saw ur having trouble I used acitone to remove about four pairs of tires sofar all reusable to , the glue that gets sticks to the tire needs to come off before regluing so I used a dremel with a sanding bit and you can slowly go around the whole wheel and it will lower the inner profile of the tire itself making it fit over the rim easier first time I made one almost able to slide right over the wheel by accedent
Old 01-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Do you mean this website? http://www.prograderacing.com/chassis.htm

I have no affiliation with them, but the website is up still.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Do you mean this website? http://www.prograderacing.com/chassis.htm

I have no affiliation with them, but the website is up still.
link sends me to go daddy
Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

That sucks. I thought a few people got some chassis
Old 01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by twisted
link sends me to go daddy
That's very odd. Comes right up on my phone, I Google searched it and it came right up also. Sent the link to my friend here at work and it went to godaddy. They may have gotten $95 from me as well...
Old 01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
That's very odd. Comes right up on my phone, I Google searched it and it came right up also. Sent the link to my friend here at work and it went to godaddy. They may have gotten $95 from me as well...
Jonny the site is probably cached on the phone for quick loading. The site is down on my phone and computer. This sucks cause I really wanted a red chassis but I didn't trust them enough to order and I'm now glad I didn't. I really feel bad for you guys that got scammed. Please let us know if something does ever show up.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Rookie

The site is down as we add in online ordering which require us to move servers.

You may have noticed that on the website it said online ordering coming soon. Due to the fact that there are many Durango Drivers in the UK/EURO we felt it was better to do that website switch now as opposed to later tonight as that would be morning for them.

Ethan
Old 01-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Walkman
Jonny the site is probably cached on the phone for quick loading. The site is down on my phone and computer. This sucks cause I really wanted a red chassis but I didn't trust them enough to order and I'm now glad I didn't. I really feel bad for you guys that got scammed. Please let us know if something does ever show up.
Well, the guy I talked to on the phone seemed legit and knowledgeable. He also said they sponsored one of Cush's Tresrey teammates, so I'll dig into that a bit amd see what I can find. He did say that they would be doing work on the site to get online ordering up and running, so maybe that's it. Time will tell. They did bill my CC the amount I was quoted, so that is honest right there, and from the CC statement online it appears they are a subsidiary of Punch RC.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by glenng
they took me for 95 bucks, and already pulled the website. complete scum.
We could not verify that your order was authorized by the card holder which is why you received an email from me saying that your order was cancelled and the card was refunded. We take credit card security as being very important for all of our customers.

Ethan
Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone know if/where Jorn, Carson, and Travis' 2wd buggy 2013 Reedy setups are posted?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
Anyone know if/where Jorn, Carson, and Travis' 2wd buggy 2013 Reedy setups are posted?
Not sure about the setups, but from the pics on the Durango site its apparent that Jorn was running AE rear hubs on his car. And somehow I doubt it was because of a shortage of TD hubs. I wonder what is coming down the pipe as they appear to be testing some different ideas.

Last edited by Jonny5; 01-29-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default Carson Wernimont wins Reedy 2wd Open

Congradulations to Carson on a great showing at the Reedy Race. From Durango News: Carson Wernimont also flew the Team Durango flag high by winning the 2WD open class and narrowly missing out on the 4WD open class title with a good second place finish. Carson reported that his DEX210 performed extremely well during the weekend’s fast paced action. Winning two A main finals, after already posting the three fastest consecutive laps during practice, was more than enough to see Carson getting a taste of the post win champagne shower. Carson also reported that his DEX410V3 performed very well during his gallant attempts to take the open class double. Carson went on to drive his DEX410V3 to overall second in the 4WD open class.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Redwings
I have a pair of (front) schumacher low profile tires and trying o mount them on durango rims but their not fitting properly. What am i doing wrong. Is there a special way ?

Thanks.
Originally Posted by Brushless420
The best way is to trim the wheel down. I used lexan scissors and removed the inside of the wheel up to the first rib. The stock wheels are actually really soft and trim easily. I also trimmed down the tires mounting bead for proper fit.

Thanks for the information. I just did some experimenting today and cut off the outside lip on the rim and and took off both lips on the other rim. The tires seem to site nicely. I actually had to shave the rim down because it was too wide. Does that make sense? Also are you using inserts?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.