Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JS
Ouch
My turn to break a Dimec chassis.
No major crash. Got a bit sideways off a crossover jump and landed clean.

Argghhh, just when I finally had the buggy dialed for 17.5 Blinky.
You could do this mod I did with the original and It would probably still work with that broken chassis. Or I would recommend this on your next one atleast the rear plate.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-1216122218.jpg  
Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What chassis is being broken frequently... Dimec or Dimec20?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JS
I wish I could put the alu chassis back on.
I had a hard time dialing it in for 17.5 blinky. Just too heavy.
You need to work on your setup I think. I broke my dimec20 and went back to aluminum stock chassis and have it going great in blinky. TQ'ed last night then ran out of talent and finished third. It is good. Use it and play with setup.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Guys here is something that worked for me:
Use the front bunper/skid plate from the DESC210.
Cut it flush with the front of the DEX210.
Grind with your dremels an angle for a smooth blend.
This will support the weak area between the holes.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Would you mind posting a pic??
Old 01-06-2013, 08:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Here is the part, if I understand correctly he cuts the front (where the 2 screw posts/webbing are) off flush with the front existing chassis bumper, and uses the 4 mounting holes and screws to help support the front kick-up. It would look a lot like other brands front bumpers, but being a thicker piece, it adds support to the chassis..One could let the the piece extend past a bit, and if/when there is an impact, maybe it wouldn't transfer to the chassis, and would possibly be spread through the 4 screws.? I haven't broken a chassis, and have been running one of each stiffness since they were available..
Durango DEX210 Thread-bumper.jpg
Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Not giving us much to work with. Sometimes the only difference between an indoor and outdoor track is the roof. What kind of track. How big? When you say the buggy already has some stuff? Like what? If you have a specific question use the search function. Chances are its been asked several times already. Love to help but need more info.
Ok sorry that was a very vague question. My 210 has the carbon towers, carbon steering upgrade and front brass piece, were the camber links attach to, also has the chassis weight 30g. It also has the tresrey rear pivot mounts. The track I run at is about 80x30 and changes every couple of months, layout that is. Its a very high bite track also. Was just wondering what parts to buy for this car. Also I just broke the rear camber mount that mounts off the tranny. I did find the rear camber plate that tresrey makes and I'm getting that. Also what tranny configuration does every one prefer?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

People have been very successful with all types of different configurations. RM3, MM4, etc. you will just have to make adjustments based on that to get where you want. Pick one and see where it goes after a few weeks of messing with it, then change it up and try a whole different setup.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lv4sndz
Ok sorry that was a very vague question. My 210 has the carbon towers, carbon steering upgrade and front brass piece, were the camber links attach to, also has the chassis weight 30g. It also has the tresrey rear pivot mounts. The track I run at is about 80x30 and changes every couple of months, layout that is. Its a very high bite track also. Was just wondering what parts to buy for this car. Also I just broke the rear camber mount that mounts off the tranny. I did find the rear camber plate that tresrey makes and I'm getting that. Also what tranny configuration does every one prefer?
Only thing I have ever broken was the stock rear hubs. Upgraded to the aluminum Durango hubs and problem solved. What track do you run at? That would really help us be able to get you dialed in.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JS
I wish I could put the alu chassis back on.
I had a hard time dialing it in for 17.5 blinky. Just too heavy.

No interest in putting the alu chassis back on.
Not going to spend $$$ on a CF chassis.
RDRP alu chassis looks nice - but at 11mm might be too long.
My local track is small to medium size.

Using the rear portion of the alu chassis is a great idea.

The dimec chassis was perfect.

Not sure if I will buy another dimec anytime soon, until an actual fix comes up.

For now the buggy will be sitting in the garage - lol
Bummer..mine broke in the front, right where the screw holes are, it happened in practice, I got hit by a SC truck and it wasn't that bad of a hit, it shouldn't have broke as easily as it did..if fact it was still drivable just wasn't handling that well, and personally I don't think the weight of the stock chassis is a deal breaker to me in the 17.5 class..I mean seriously how big of a difference is their? I mean I'm adding weight..and power wise I'm competitive in the 17.5 class.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I don't get where all these people are saying the aluminum chassis is to heavy, especially to run 17.5. Look into how much everything else you have on the car weights, example how long are the ESC-battery wires, Motor wires, senor wire, how much velcro do you have holding the body on? If you are using velcro shave the body posts off. All these little areas hide a ton of weight that can be shed easily and free.

I have my car in MM4 with aluminum chassis, Lunsford turnbuckle kit, hinge pin kit, and with my shorty in race dress my car is currently at 1538 grams. This is only 39 grams over the minimum ROAR weight.

I changed turnbuckles because the front left ball cup kept popping. I dont know why as my turnbuckle can almost be adjusted with your fingers, so there was no binding at all. Anyway the Lunsford's have been perfect.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM
JS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nolimit208
You could do this mod I did with the original and It would probably still work with that broken chassis. Or I would recommend this on your next one atleast the rear plate.
Great idea. Thanks for the tip
Old 01-06-2013, 01:22 PM
JS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Bummer..mine broke in the front, right where the screw holes are, it happened in practice, I got hit by a SC truck and it wasn't that bad of a hit, it shouldn't have broke as easily as it did..if fact it was still drivable just wasn't handling that well, and personally I don't think the weight of the stock chassis is a deal breaker to me in the 17.5 class..I mean seriously how big of a difference is their? I mean I'm adding weight..and power wise I'm competitive in the 17.5 class.
For me the stock chassis was perfect in Mod.
The alu chassis works for others with their type of track, etc.
Tried the same setup for Blinky and it was a slug - lol.
Trimmed off as much weight as I can and still a slug.

Finally put on the Dimec. Difference in chassis weight alone was 60g.
Plus the added flex on the Dimec created more traction.
Not to mention added stability with the longer chassis.

I really got the Dex where I wanted it in Blinky.
Threw on some slicks and it was finally dialed.

I will get another Dimec and give it another shot.

I will just cut up the rear of the alu chassis and use as a brace (Nolimit's tip).

Maybe if someone can make a plastic rear skid plate......
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just switched to running stock, and now I need to do something about weight. Right now I am still in basic kit form aside from aluminum rear hubs. So this is basically stage 1 of my diet and as I cut weight I will post progress.

I have the +8 Dimec and the painter is finishing up soon. Also have a Futaba BLS551 servo (44gr) coming. I also plan to get the milled motor plate, vented slipper plates, and titanium turnbuckles/ballstuds. I would like to be around 1550grams or under. Adding is easier than subtracting.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here is a picture of alternative cut area and screw mounting positions for my mod.
Also its the Dimec 20 the stiffer one that breaks more frequently. Mine is a Dimec and I seen stress markings around one of the front holes which prompted the mod.

The front you can cut around where the red line is and sand it flush with the flat bottom portion of the chassis.
The Rear you dont need to use as much material as I have. Red line/circles for same material as me, green or blue for less. I just recommend cutting it down alittle longer then you expect to use it as and bevel the edge down till satisfied.

Performance gains/losses:
It doesn't interfere or catch on the ground. I run on a soft clay and thought it might at first but it hasn't. A shorter rear plate might but if you bevel the edge enough you shouldn't you just might need more of a slant then mine has. I just adjust ride height 2.5mm less then what I want so for 21 i set gauge for 18.5 and so forth.

Stiffer- the mod makes it stiffer especially if you use as much material as I have. The front if you cut it down to where I have drawn on the picture I wont make the front stiffer like mine has. The rear also same thing shorter the plate the less effect it will have on the stiffness of the chassis.
So if you have the stiff chassis already you might opt for shorter plates, I just have the reg one so I wanted it stiffer for my track conditions.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-1216122218.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.