Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

what is the order of spring rate please.. Softest to highest. As for the guys running Losi BB springs, do you use the retainer too?
Old 01-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
what is the order of spring rate please.. Softest to highest. As for the guys running Losi BB springs, do you use the retainer too?
http://www.team-durango.com/pdf/setu...Comparison.pdf
Old 01-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

What up Dave.... I'm giving the 210 a shakedown. I really like the way the kit is built. I have to finish the shocks today, paint tomorrow, get some track time possibly Sunday. Thanks for the setup. You coming to Motorama?
coming back?
Old 01-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by t8rtot
coming back?
Yup.!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

What up Dave.... I'm giving the 210 a shakedown. I really like the way the kit is built. I have to finish the shocks today, paint tomorrow, get some track time possibly Sunday. Thanks for the setup. You coming to Motorama?

Mopar, its on a hook for now.
No prob. Unfortunately no Motorama. Need to save my personal days for our baby coming in May.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

So I finaly got to wheel my dex, and I have too say that I am super impressed in the way that this buggy drives. It as tons of traction and excellent steering, I dont even know what to change on it, as far as set up goes. I was practicing on a large it is 1/8 medium grip track, it has som nasty ruts and holes in it due to the 1/8 rc's. I practiced for 4hrs with no breakages, box stock. i had my far shar of crashes too. I did however have a problem with the inner rear ballcup poping off multiple times from even the smallest rollover.

so I am wondering, what ballcups and ballstuds to use, parrticularly in the rear inner mount with the funky angled ballcup. any help will be much appreciated.
I read a few pages backabout the ae ballstuds and the jconcept ballcups, will those work all the way around including the funky ballcup?
Old 01-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
So I finaly got to wheel my dex, and I have too say that I am super impressed in the way that this buggy drives. It as tons of traction and excellent steering, I dont even know what to change on it, as far as set up goes. I was practicing on a large it is 1/8 medium grip track, it has som nasty ruts and holes in it due to the 1/8 rc's. I practiced for 4hrs with no breakages, box stock. i had my far shar of crashes too. I did however have a problem with the inner rear ballcup poping off multiple times from even the smallest rollover.

so I am wondering, what ballcups and ballstuds to use, parrticularly in the rear inner mount with the funky angled ballcup. any help will be much appreciated.
I read a few pages backabout the ae ballstuds and the jconcept ballcups, will those work all the way around including the funky ballcup?
I have the TC5 ballstuds, RPM long shank ballcups and Lunsford Ti turnbuckles. No need for the angled ballcups unless running MM or hubs all the way back in RM.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
I have the TC5 ballstuds, RPM long shank ballcups and Lunsford Ti turnbuckles. No need for the angled ballcups unless running MM or hubs all the way back in RM.
Much appreciated!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Had some nice testing today.

Some nice people at my local track did a resurfacing and make it 100x better. Much smoother and a lot more traction.

From kit setup I changed to:
40/35 oil
No shims on rear inner ballstud
3rd outer hole on rear hub
Outer lower rear shock mounting

Also, slapped on my other JConcepts high downforce wing & Proline M4 Holeshots. I don't know what it is about this tire, but it just hooks better than Impacts or Gigabites. Definitely the ticket at my track right now.

Was able to knock down two seconds off my mid-motor times from last week. At the end of the day, I was running very consistent low 21.xxx second laps, and that was with some short course and rookie traffic. I'm still a second or two behind the fast guys, but some of them also don't finish :P.

There is definitely more time I can drop in my setup, but I'm definitely on the right track.

Racing tomorrow afternoon; first time with RM setup.

Take care.
-Auto

Last edited by Autocratic; 01-21-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Painted last night.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYHdyvYHge8
Old 01-21-2012, 02:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miquelmah
Someone should definitely check the gear mesh on that third one---LOUD
Old 01-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default madness

Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic
Hey,

Run up to Madness if you can. There are a couple of fast guys running the dex210. Friday nites.
we are running on carpet, so the setup wont be the same as clay, but we are pretty much running jorn neumanns setup that he runs on carpet...
Old 01-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Yo,

Coming back to RC Racing from a lengthly retirement due to change of jobs and college. Plan on doing some of the local JBRL races as well as club racing at the local tracks. Super impressed with this buggy and had an awesome opportunity to get one so I couldn't pass it up! Have a few questions for everyone. *Note I have not gone through the whole thread yet*

1: Upgraded my Steering rack to the racers edge aluminum rack. Still seeing some bump steer on the buggy. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this?

2. Blank Shock Pistons: what kind of a bits are you guys using to drill the holes out for 1.1,1.2, and 1.3 piston holes?

3. Saw a post with someone getting ready for Reedy. Looks as if they had a Machined inner toe/antisquat bar. Where do I get this?

4. How often are people actually breaking Diff Cases? Has anyone used the RC Shox Delrin case fix for this? If so, how does it wrk?

5. I plan on running 17.5 not timing with this vehicle and perhaps in the future mod, any gearing suggestions? I am 69/37 as of now and will be testing this for the first time tomorrow at Airland RC Raceway.

6. I have seen several set ups so far, is everyone running a standard or shorty pack in the car? which do you prefer?

Ill let you know how the run went soon and I will post some pictures of the body/wiring set up soon- Thanks in advance for your help-

Zack Perkins
Old 01-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Raced today. Make a lot of progress as far as my driving and getting the buggy dialed in.

Only thing I changed was the move to Pink Gigabites, front lower shock mounting outer hole, and put in a Team Orion 13.5. I love the power and punch of the 6.5, but it's more on/off power rather than having something I can control. Need to change gearing and adjust timing because I'm running out of breathe on the straight.

Also, ran some of my fastest lap times. Was able to push a 19.92x and did several low 20's on in Heat 3. Qualified for B-Main and didn't do so hot, but still felt like the car was getting faster. Forgot to check my times.

Going back to the track either Monday or Tuesday to do some more testing. Hoping to be able to hit some low 19s, just need to work on being more consistent.

Also, if anyone is selling a good condition M11 with Spektrum mod please let me know.

-Auto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.