R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes

Old 08-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #16396
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey ya'll!!!
I have a fairly new DEX210 V2 and the front wheel axles spin in the hubs so I cannot get the front tires off! It isn't a huge deal right now, but at some point I will need to get the tires off. Anyone experienced this and found a way to get the screw out of the axle without the axle spinning?

Thanks!
BryanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #16397
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anyone have a extra 69T spur gear for the 210? they are sold out everywhere .
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #16398
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanAZ View Post
Hey ya'll!!!
I have a fairly new DEX210 V2 and the front wheel axles spin in the hubs so I cannot get the front tires off! It isn't a huge deal right now, but at some point I will need to get the tires off. Anyone experienced this and found a way to get the screw out of the axle without the axle spinning?

Thanks!
I've had this problem before. My solution was to take the axle out of the hub and use pliers/vice/etc to hold the axle in place while loosening the screw holding in the wheel.
RC10Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #16399
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanAZ View Post
Hey ya'll!!!

Thanks!
Use a hex driver on both sides of the axle, one will come loose and you can go from there with pliers to grip the axle.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:44 AM   #16400
Tech Regular

Default Exotek carbon front shock tower

The front shock tower seems to be discontinued. Anybody know why. I like mine on v2.
Roken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #16401
ekt
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roken View Post
The front shock tower seems to be discontinued. Anybody know why. I like mine on v2.
The v2 buggy has slightly different geometry compared to the v1, the shocks sit further back.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #16402
Tech Regular

Yeah we're right forgot about that. Some creative shimming took care of that off-set so I don't need to trash that $35+ tower.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #16403
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Anyone else seen the ORD FF210 (front wheel drive conversion) for the DEX210?
Just seems very weird to me
rc_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:54 PM   #16404
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_dude View Post
Anyone else seen the ORD FF210 (front wheel drive conversion) for the DEX210?
Just seems very weird to me
I wonder what ROAR says about that.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:08 PM   #16405
ekt
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roken View Post
I wonder what ROAR says about that.
From the ROAR rule book - "Vehicles that are driven by the front wheels only are classified as four wheel drive".
Old 08-18-2015, 07:15 AM   #16406
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
From the ROAR rule book - "Vehicles that are driven by the front wheels only are classified as four wheel drive".
ROAR has always done all that they could to limit innovation and creative thinking.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:20 AM   #16407
Tech Elite

Quote:
The v2 buggy has slightly different geometry compared to the v1, the shocks sit further back.
I removed my V2 towers and have them sitting in a box. I hated the changes. They limit the suspension up travel which unfortunately doesn't allow the car to roll very far in corners. This causes the car to wash out. I run the V1 rear suspension but up front I run the V2 rear shocks with white series springs with the DESC210 front tower and V2 front arms. This setup allows for more suspension uptravel and drastically transforms the car in turns on high grip tracks. On hard clay it's like a different car in the corners.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:42 AM   #16408
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
I removed my V2 towers and have them sitting in a box. I hated the changes. They limit the suspension up travel which unfortunately doesn't allow the car to roll very far in corners. This causes the car to wash out. I run the V1 rear suspension but up front I run the V2 rear shocks with white series springs with the DESC210 front tower and V2 front arms. This setup allows for more suspension uptravel and drastically transforms the car in turns on high grip tracks. On hard clay it's like a different car in the corners.
I'm going to disagree on this one... Personally I had to same washing out issues... changed to a CF chassis and it's perfect... I run high grip and low/medium and the car is good on all of it... Lack of flex with the aluminum chassis is ok with high grip surfaces but for all around a CF chassis or composite is the way to go.
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:45 AM   #16409
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Quote:
Thats dumb...guess that won't sell very well then
rc_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:07 AM   #16410
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerby View Post
I'm going to disagree on this one... Personally I had to same washing out issues... changed to a CF chassis and it's perfect... I run high grip and low/medium and the car is good on all of it... Lack of flex with the aluminum chassis is ok with high grip surfaces but for all around a CF chassis or composite is the way to go.
I'm not going to disagree on chassis type. I've been playing with composite chassis for a while and happen to love them. However, I always go for super stiff reinforcement. I don't believe in chassis flex except in the loosest and roughest of tracks like old loamy tracks. Try the shock setup. I let the suspension do it's job and the chassis do the job of connecting them together as tightly as possible. Why let the chassis do work that the suspension should be doing?