Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
did tresrey stop making that layshaft they had?

Have an avid setup here with lots of spurs if anyone is interested including stuff for stock and mod sizes. Just don't really run stock out here enough to make it work keeping.
Yep, i saw the tresrey shaft but didnt find in usa. Ill have my drill block made next week so ill just run ae's.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just about finished! All it needs now it a turnbuckle to brace the top of the transmission case to the top deck. It's pretty light, too. It weighs in at 1,555g with the body/wing on and a 30g brass toe block in the rear. There's a few minor things I will be changing for the final CF version, but overall I'm pretty happy with it! Hopefully it drives just as good as it looks!

Old 11-16-2014, 09:34 AM
psl
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried the V2 in mid motor position on a medium traction dirt track? Just curious how it handled compared to rear motor. It is a smooth track.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Prophet

I heard today a guy I was taking to that has a B5 M he said that he flipped his rear arms around for shorter wheelbase .

Can I do that also on the V2 model of this buggy in mid motor ?
Old 11-16-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You don't need to flip the arms. Just move the hub spacers. I personally run 3 spacers in front and 1 rear. Even in MM3. The only thing I care about is that the axles are completely inline. I won't run them any other way.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is Durango still a company ? Been hearing rumors that they are going under..
Old 11-17-2014, 02:00 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...ture-with-you/
Old 11-17-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

People have been blowing things out of proportion that since Durango doesn't currently want to waste anymore money (which is the correct description) sponsoring pro drivers, that they must be going out of business. To me it sounds like they are learning how to run a company.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:25 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Nick did you run your new chassis this weekend at Bumps or are you going to run it on a practice night at Bumps in the new week or two? Not sure what car you ran on Sunday.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fredswa3662689
People have been blowing things out of proportion that since Durango doesn't currently want and waste anymore money (which is the correct description) sponsoring pro drivers, that hey must be going out of business. To me it sounds like they are learning how to run a company.
It was just a question..but..how can you start at the local level when..at least in my area..even run Durangos..and didn't they also let their head designer go ? And having a few pros to help with R&D is not a "waste of money"..most teams only have a few paid drivers. Durango is most definitely a company in trouble..and I'm not hating on Durango..
Old 11-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Hey Nick did you run your new chassis this weekend at Bumps or are you going to run it on a practice night at Bumps in the new week or two? Not sure what car you ran on Sunday.
Susie and I shared her 17.5 buggy this weekend (which is a good thing, otherwise I would never get around to tuning it). I'm waiting on a few more final parts to show up in the mail to finish my car. I won't get the parts in time for practice, and I don't know that I'll be racing this weekend either.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

It was just a question..but..how can you start at the local level when..at least in my area..even run Durangos..and didn't they also let their head designer go ? And having a few pros to help with R&D is not a "waste of money"..most teams only have a few paid drivers. Durango is most definitely a company in trouble..and I'm not hating on Durango..
If drivers are such good designers, why do all cars essentially look the same? Where's the out of the box thinking? RC is a battle of the clone wars. Drivers are just that, drivers. They aren't engineers. There may be an exception somewhere but for the most part they are just people with raw talent for driving. Durango can't even keep parts in stock. Why pay drivers when you can't keep parts in stock?
Old 11-17-2014, 08:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
Susie and I shared her 17.5 buggy this weekend (which is a good thing, otherwise I would never get around to tuning it). I'm waiting on a few more final parts to show up in the mail to finish my car. I won't get the parts in time for practice, and I don't know that I'll be racing this weekend either.
Ok. Well nice to get her car dialed in a little more. Nothing wrong with that. Ok see you guys next time your at Bumps.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

I've cleared up a few points in various threads but its I thought it was worth answering directly here too, all the posts get lost in all the threads...

- Our focus on local level will be first of all stock and support, no one will bother running a car they can't get parts for... its impossible for this to happen overnight though but we do know its an issue right now.
- Our focus is also on you guys, reaching out more for customer feedback, allowing you guys to put through your ideas into our development.
- We still have a group of talented development drivers, the same ones who have developed the TD race cars for the past few years.
- All of our Production designers are still here. Gerd was our 'race team' engineer who's focus was on special parts for special tracks and special events

Durango is a company that is now focused on the essentials of an RC company. We have always been great at building competitive race cars, winning races and having success all over the world. but we are now moving our resources away paying to show how good are cars are and more towards investing in what customers want to help them do well where they race.

this is a subject that could go on and on, everyone will have their own view, we will see who is right and who is wrong in a couple of years.

this thread is about the DEX210(all versions) I think most people will find it most helpful if this continued in the helpful manner in which it has done for the past 1028 pages
Old 11-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Lord

why do all cars essentially look the same? Where's the out of the box thinking? RC is a battle of the clone wars. Drivers are just that, drivers. They aren't engineers. There may be an exception somewhere but for the most part they are just people with raw talent for driving. Durango can't even keep parts in stock. Why pay drivers when you can't keep parts in stock?[/QUOTE]

Never said drivers were "designers" ..they just give feedback on "do the new parts work"..and on the "can't keep parts in stock" I understand that pro drivers cost money but keeping one or two on staff would be wise..and most "sponsored" drivers are at cost anyways..I don't know how your local racing scene is but where I'm at the 17.5 class is huge..mod is hit & miss. The Durango is not a good 17.5 car..great mod car. I had some luck with the Durango in the 13.5 class but not in the 17.5 class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.