Community
Wiki Posts
Search

slash 4x4 vs hyper 10sc

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Who cares about the CG. I have driven the PE Slash and the Jammin and both were good and have their own characteristics. The PE did not flop over like you keep wanting to imply. Get over it.

Drive what you like and everyone else will drive what they like.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones
Who cares about the CG.
CG is what separates a savage xl from a traxxas 4-tec. You tell me which one handles better. The PE looks like a good package don't get me wrong. Only time will tell which one will be king pin on the track.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboard094
CG is what separates a savage xl from a traxxas 4-tec. You tell me which one handles better. The PE looks like a good package don't get me wrong. Only time will tell which one will be king pin on the track.
Why not an E-Maxx? Yea an E-maxx with 4-tec tires, there's a picture
Old 01-07-2010, 06:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboard094
Ok, compare the slash and the jammin/hyper to eachother and tell me which one has a lower CG. Last time i checked the slash came with ultra shocks (which are on the rustler and bandit). The PE is a step up from the regular slash though with the BB's and the center diff. Like i said before, the slash resembles an MT whereas the hyper and jammin resemble 1/8th buggies. All the trucks have their flaws, i mean come on they are RC cars for goodness sake.

I will agree with you that the slash PE is a more viable racer but only time will tell which truck is best on the track. I'm not trying to start a big flame war, just stating some opinion.
I'm pretty sure the jammin/hyper have a lower CG, but that's not my #1 factor with buying a car. Heck, my SC10 probably has the lowest CG of my SC trucks, but it is my least favorite car and the most difficult to drive. The other trucks might be better pure racers than the Slash 4x4, but that's not the be all end all for me. The difference in handling is probably not that noticeable to most. There is also parts cost/availability, durability, and ease of maintenance to consider.

Unless I see the Hyper 10's and SCRT10's just dominate the Slash 4x4 at the track, I'm going to stick with Traxxas for this purchase. If I wasn't into 1/8th scale, I would by one of each and try them out.

No, not trying to start a war either.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The CG isn't really an issue. My truck was on rails around a flat 90degree turn that most trucks, including the hyper would T-roll regularly. The SC trucks all have one limitation, the tires. With the flex you get on the outter side wall, any truck will T-roll sooner or later. I've watched the Hypers closely and they aren't the greatest when it turns at speed. It likes to roll just like any truck, if not more so because of all the weight in the front bites in causing the roll. Also the weight up front makes the truck unstable over smaller jumps and quick bumps that move both ends of the truck. It seems like it just makes the suspension act out of sync between the front and rear. But it's strengths come from that weight in front. It brakes great and goes straight out of corners. It's all comes down to what you prefer. And this is just my opinion.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

In the end, I based my buying decision on the proven design of the Ofna and Jammin over the Slash 4x4 and it's strange nose bleed Pede inspired chassis layout. Just like the 2wd SCs have shown, the Slash is a fantastic basher but only a average race platform(aftermarket loves this). As for durability, the Slash is showing as many if not more issues than the Ofna.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's no denying that the COG of the Jammin/Hyper is lower than the Traxxas. As others have pointed out with true SC tires it is not as big of a deal as it would be with high grip tires. However, what have not been mentioned is how progressive the Slash 4x4 chassis layout is and how out of date the Jammin/Hyper layout is.

Because I already own an E-CRT.5 I'll probably end up with the Jammin, but I've been working on ideas to change the layout to be like the Traxxas. What really irks me is that Ofna makes the revolutionary Hyper 9e and then comes out with the very low effort Hyper SC.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
There's no denying that the COG of the Jammin/Hyper is lower than the Traxxas. As others have pointed out with true SC tires it is not as big of a deal as it would be with high grip tires. However, what have not been mentioned is how progressive the Slash 4x4 chassis layout is and how out of date the Jammin/Hyper layout is.

Because I already own an E-CRT.5 I'll probably end up with the Jammin, but I've been working on ideas to change the layout to be like the Traxxas. What really irks me is that Ofna makes the revolutionary Hyper 9e and then comes out with the very low effort Hyper SC.
Explain what is so "progressive" about the Slash 4X4s plastic chassis w/ the drive shaft and servo hung out and exposed like it is? In every form of motorsports I am aware of, getting the CG as low as possible is a priority.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I have the Hobao, Slash 4x4 RTR and PE. I drove the PE on the track today for the first time and I was shocked at how good it is. The Hobao has nothing on the Slash. Not say one is better than the other but I prefer the Slash. The only issue it has is a little bit of kick up from the rear end. It handles good, has ample power, is graceful in the air, and is fairly forgiving on the stock tires. It is totally different from the RTR. The diff and large bore shocks make the PE very impressive. I landed my tracks big tripple 20+ times and nothing broke. I crashed into everything....in fact, there were 2 guys from RC Action Magazine who both had RTRs and we had a blast playing rough. No issues except for a little body scuffage. I only race but I'm far from being a pro. If I were to race both trucks one would not give me any advantage over the other. The one thing that is obvious though is that Hobao definitely has more of a race intended design.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by balistic
That is the craziest thing I have heard. So your saying you don't want a proven chassis and drive train designed and tested by racers for racers? Is that a joke?
Proven chassis? What has the Hyper Mini St won? What has the Jammin CRT.5 won? Jammin Jay has won races but hes a good driver and would probably beat me and you with an X-mod. Buying the most expensive, well layed out "buggy" based SCT wont win you a dam race if you cant drive worth a crap. Its not the truck, bud. Its the driver.

None of the 3 trucks, OFNA, Jammin, Slash 4x4, that your comparing have won anything so the one who is crazy for making assumptions is you. Why not give it a year and then come back to this thread?

FYI, the 4x4 Slash was designed by the same engineer that designed the Revo, which has won plenty National and ROAR races. Does that automatically make the 4x4 Slash a winner? According to what your saying yes..

How many races have you won? Where can I see your name in lights or in which magazine? So only Jammin Jay can beat you?....Drake? Is that you?...
Old 01-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losifiend
Proven chassis? What has the Hyper Mini St won? What has the Jammin CRT.5 won? Jammin Jay has won races but hes a good driver and would probably beat me and you with an X-mod. Buying the most expensive, well layed out "buggy" based SCT wont win you a dam race if you cant drive worth a crap. Its not the truck, bud. Its the driver.

None of the 3 trucks, OFNA, Jammin, Slash 4x4, that your comparing have won anything so the one who is crazy for making assumptions is you. Why not give it a year and then come back to this thread?

FYI, the 4x4 Slash was designed by the same engineer that designed the Revo, which has won plenty National and ROAR races. Does that automatically make the 4x4 Slash a winner? According to what your saying yes..

How many races have you won? Where can I see your name in lights or in which magazine? So only Jammin Jay can beat you?....Drake? Is that you?...

The Jammin and the Ofna are based on the same design as a vast majority of the 1/8 buggies and truggies just scaled down.

As for the Revo, hasn't it been replaced by truggies w/ the same design as the the Ofna and Jammin?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Wow I love these debate threads,After owning the 10sc and not being impressed the slash 4x4 PE suited my driving style.One mans trash is another mans treasure.the best way to decide what you will like buy both then sell the one you dont like.Me and 6 buddies all ran out and bought the hyper 10sc. Now 3 of us have slash 4x4 and 3 have the 10sc.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jmfknpizzle
Wow I love these debate threads,After owning the 10sc and not being impressed the slash 4x4 PE suited my driving style.One mans trash is another mans treasure.the best way to decide what you will like buy both then sell the one you dont like.Me and 6 buddies all ran out and bought the hyper 10sc. Now 3 of us have slash 4x4 and 3 have the 10sc.

Please share. What was it about the Slash 4x4 that did it for you?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawler
The Jammin and the Ofna are based on the same design as a vast majority of the 1/8 buggies and truggies just scaled down.
Ok, so why didn't you just get an OFNA LX1E and throw a SCT body on it?
Originally Posted by Crawler
As for the Revo, hasn't it been replaced by truggies w/ the same design as the the Ofna and Jammin?
I dont understand the point your trying to make with the part of the sentence I made bold. Are you saying that OFNA and Jammin designed the base for all Truggies

I'm not a fan of the Revo, but its an MT and not a Truggy. So the answer is no. The truggy didn't replace the Revo. Truggies aren't allowed in MT racing just like MTs aren't allowed in Truggy races. A truggy has a center diff. An MT doesn't.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losifiend
Ok, so why didn't you just get an OFNA LX1E and throw a SCT body on it?
I dont understand the point your trying to make with the part of the sentence I made bold. Are you saying that OFNA and Jammin designed the base for all Truggies

I'm not a fan of the Revo, but its an MT and not a Truggy. So the answer is no. The truggy didn't replace the Revo. Truggies aren't allowed in MT racing just like MTs aren't allowed in Truggy races. A truggy has a center diff. An MT doesn't.
Because w/ a 1/8 buggy converted to a SC, you have to run 1/8 electronics and 4S battery. I have a 1/8 buggy based SC, but I wanted a lighter SC that I can run 1/10 electronics and a 2S battery. The Ofna and Jammin have a race inspired design that is the standard in 1/8 racing and makes for all the sense in the world to be used as the base for the 1/10 4x4 SCs.

I'm not a truggy or MT racer, but the truggies eliminated the MT class for the most part from what I've seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.