Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Here is one pic...more when I get home:

Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

me likes! yes more pics and what are the options you are interested in selling?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Those Losi bodies are awesome. They fetch for a hefty sum brand new in package... They are worth it because you will always get some head-turns with those on...

I think JK's been asking around to see if anyone would be willing to make those. There's quite a handful of racers on RCTECH that would gobble those up if someone would repro-it, or perhaps come out with a new design but with similar dimensions...

Anyone contact JConcepts? I think if anyone would be willing, it would be JC...
Old 01-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Losi body and rally tires

Well got the body from JK and am having a fun time figuring out the best way to get the mounts to work. Got em placed, and the back ones went on fine... the front one is giving me a fit though. I am using my old Summit mounts hacked down to size. I had to add new holes because I wanted to put the mounts through the toughest part (where stress would be most taken up by the mounts instead of the body).

I went with the HPI super nitro rally tires and had to cut the B44 rear rims down a tad to make em fit. With the medium compound, they do great and now that I am wearing off the knobs, drifts even better!

My next trick is attaching bumpers. The E-Revo front bumper would be nice, but again mounting.... Rear? lets solve one problem at a time.
Attached Thumbnails B44 - rally style?-img_0739.jpg   B44 - rally style?-img_0738.jpg   B44 - rally style?-img_0735.jpg   B44 - rally style?-img_0742.jpg   B44 - rally style?-img_0743.jpg  

Old 01-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Top work, something different
Old 01-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Jesse, looks awesome.

Does the B44 use the same front bumper mount from the B4? If so, look at the RPM front B4 bumper, or isnt there a guy on ebay making front/rear bumpers for the B44? TBone bumpers or something like that.

You should use front 4wd buggy tires on all 4, like holeshots or JC goosebumps. It would fill the wheel well a bit better, maybe better traction/handling too...
Old 01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesse J
Well got the body from JK and am having a fun time figuring out the best way to get the mounts to work. Got em placed, and the back ones went on fine... the front one is giving me a fit though. I am using my old Summit mounts hacked down to size. I had to add new holes because I wanted to put the mounts through the toughest part (where stress would be most taken up by the mounts instead of the body).

I went with the HPI super nitro rally tires and had to cut the B44 rear rims down a tad to make em fit. With the medium compound, they do great and now that I am wearing off the knobs, drifts even better!

My next trick is attaching bumpers. The E-Revo front bumper would be nice, but again mounting.... Rear? lets solve one problem at a time.
Thats cool and all . I just wish I could get like a WRC Focus or Citreon C4 to fit my zx5 . That would be awesome , unfortunately the only way that is going to happen is to pull my own body and that is expensive .
Old 01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

I put the dirt hawgs back on, much better.

You were right about the bumpers... http://t-bone-rc.tripod.com/catalog/i101.html gonna get me some!

Now I am gonna coat the inside of the body with silicone and light fiberglass to prevent damage.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

T-Bone bumpers is all I use... Lifetime replacement on their "N" bumpers is an awesome policy. They have been good about it. Everytime I broke one, I just email them the pic of the breakage, and no hassle, no question, they mailed me a replacement...
Old 01-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default updates

Got me some bumpers ordered, so glad you guys helped me find that!

So here is the front body mount. Turned out much easier than I was fearing. I just removed the screw directly behind the original body mount and used that to hold down the Summit body mount. Then I drilled 5/32" holes just under the body pads and used a piece of 5/32" music wire bent over at the front, which I slid through the outer remaining hole on the front shock tower. To add some shock absorbency, I slid a piece of fuel line over the wire between the shock tower and the body mount. Then I spring-loaded the mount by pressing it forward and secured it with a wheel lock.

Turns out, I got really lucky and can still run it stock! the original body slips under the front mount and the fin mount can be slipped through the cross bars in the Summit mount. I had to trim the original fin mount a little to make it fit. And if I want, I can keep the original fin mounts up to add EXTRA body mounts.
Attached Thumbnails B44 - rally style?-img_0744.jpg   B44 - rally style?-img_0745.jpg   B44 - rally style?-img_0746.jpg   B44 - rally style?-img_0752.jpg   B44 - rally style?-img_0753.jpg  

Old 01-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Because the body is vintage, therefore brittle and thin, I reinforced the whole back end with silicone and light fiberglass. This really helped tie everything up (I had to take her for a spin this evening in the dark and I can't wait to show you guys some vids of this lil guy!!).

I also like how she looks with the bigger mounts on... I run the stock body (minus fin) under to keep her all dry.

I will post up a pic when I get the T-bone bumpers on and she is finished. I may need to get another stock body and paint up all black - maybe even flat black on the outside to make it invisible.
Attached Thumbnails B44 - rally style?-img_0748.jpg   B44 - rally style?-img_0751.jpg   B44 - rally style?-img_0754.jpg  
Old 01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

'glass the area all the way up to the side windows. on my other body, it started cracking along the roofline along the back.

Looks great, cant wait to see a vid!

Tom, get TAPRC up and running, maybe together we can get the NIP one I have back molded and you can distribute the bodies!!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default first vid

Well we got an inch or snow and went for some drifting. Made a little jump, which with our predicted subzero weather tomorrow, should solidify nice. She was pretty slick out and with the heavy snow, didn't go too fast. Ran her last night on dry pavement and schneikies she is quick. Will get some dry pavement shots soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0O7eIwGuNo
Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jk racing
Tom, get TAPRC up and running, maybe together we can get the NIP one I have back molded and you can distribute the bodies!!