Wiki Posts
Search

Center Diff for the new Slash4

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default Center Diff for the new Slash4

Got the PE Slash4 for my kid.

Finally got the body painted. Have yet to install the center diff.

Has anyone run their PE without the center diff or driven the Slash4 with & without the center diff (slipper clutch?).

Just wondering how much of a difference it makes. If not too much, I'll hold off on installing it and maybe even sell it as a new aftermarket part and put the cash in her bank account.

Any ideas, advice welcome!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

It gives you the ability to tune your truck to better keep the wheels planted and corner at the expense of eating a little power. I put mine in right out of the box and it races well. If your going to sell it then get it on Ebay before the parts hit the LHS and you might get some decent money for it.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you race you need the center diff if you don't then the slipper will be fine. The slipper is like a locked center diff sending the same amount ot power to the front and rear which provides better traction when bashing, pulling wheelies, etc. The center diff allows the power to be varied between front/rear which allows the truck to handle better on a race track, when you enter a turn and load the front wheels (now getting more traction) the diff slips and prevents pushing in the turn. When under acceleration the weight transfers to the rear and again the center diff compensates providing better traction/control (no wheelies).