Search

Which 1/10 electric 4WD buggy to get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'll say xxx4 I run one against d4 an b44 an it does well
it out accelerates any of the others
and with a couple of hop ups it's just as strong if not stronger than the others
an the fully sealed driveline means less maintenace on dirt etc
parts easy too get in aust too
model flight in adel are the Losi distributor
plus stormers an losi warehouse stock the parts
Old 11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT get the Losi! If you can keep it in one piece through a night of racing then you are a magician! The B44 is a good car. Lots of locals run it and they all look tight. I've heard lotta good things about the D4 also. It all comes down to parts. Associated parts can probably be found at your local grocery store, gas station, hardware store, etc. (I'm obviously joking, but Team Assoc. is pretty mainstream). Whatever you decide, get some parts up front and have them with you when you race. It's easier to go to your pit box than home to your internet hobby shop!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bri from Chi
Do yourself a favor and DO NOT get the Losi! If you can keep it in one piece through a night of racing then you are a magician! The B44 is a good car. Lots of locals run it and they all look tight. I've heard lotta good things about the D4 also. It all comes down to parts. Associated parts can probably be found at your local grocery store, gas station, hardware store, etc. (I'm obviously joking, but Team Assoc. is pretty mainstream). Whatever you decide, get some parts up front and have them with you when you race. It's easier to go to your pit box than home to your internet hobby shop!
lmao +1^^ on the losi b44 all day every day man
Old 11-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by -J-
That's simply ignorant. I know people have their own opinion, but don't misguide this person looking for help, when you most likely haven't ever seen, much less driven a D4 in your life. The B44 isn't a better 4wd buggy hands down. WTF?? Maybe if there was awesome parts support for it locally, and there were people at his local track that ran the B44, the B44 might be a better option for him. That's not the case though. Don't get me wrong, the B44 isn't a bad choice; Cavaleri puts it on top, or at least on the podium at almost every race he attends, but the D4 is more durable, easier to drive fast, requires less maintenance, and handles as good or better than the B44.

I always find it interesting for someone to have such a long comment on an OPINION.

No, I've never driven a D4. Might in the future, but for now, I have too many 4wd buggies...

I have owned both the BJ4WE and the B44 and because I love the BJ4WE's design so much, I went with the B44 as its successor.

Yes, Hara is looking for opinions and what people will generally say, if doesn't want to be swayed by opinions, I don't think this thread would exist...

Take it easy man, it's an OPINION, and TASTE, no need to try to convince me otherwise. I respect your opinions on the D4, it's just for me, I will never trade in my B44 for a D4.

I will always buy AE stuff. I seriously don't see anything SIGNIFICANTLY better with the D4 than the B44... Hell, when the D4 first was shown at the Toy Fair, I used to call it "BJ4WE metric."

Old 11-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tom_chang79

I always find it interesting for someone to have such a long comment on an OPINION.

No, I've never driven a D4. Might in the future, but for now, I have too many 4wd buggies...

I have owned both the BJ4WE and the B44 and because I love the BJ4WE's design so much, I went with the B44 as its successor.

Yes, Hara is looking for opinions and what people will generally say, if doesn't want to be swayed by opinions, I don't think this thread would exist...

Take it easy man, it's an OPINION, and TASTE, no need to try to convince me otherwise. I respect your opinions on the D4, it's just for me, I will never trade in my B44 for a D4.

I will always buy AE stuff. I seriously don't see anything SIGNIFICANTLY better with the D4 than the B44... Hell, when the D4 first was shown at the Toy Fair, I used to call it "BJ4WE metric."

Long comment your self. Hot bodies d4 hands down a better car than b44 just a fact jack.B44 looks like some one made it tin there garage.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BeefHead
Long comment your self. Hot bodies d4 hands down a better car than b44 just a fact jack.B44 looks like some one made it tin there garage.
Yup... I noticed my own hypocrisy after the post

Old 11-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default haha

whats a forum without a little debate hey.
You have all helped though. its down to the B44 and the D4. I'll leave the losi since local shop doesnt do them.

Just have to decide whether i go with this or the 1/8th. I might get hold of our offroad club as i dont think they have a 1/8th class. i guess if they're not doing it for a while (we are far behind here in australia) then i'll stick with the 1/10th..... now i just gotta read the rules on motors and batteries.

thanks again guys,
Alex
Old 11-04-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

losipartshouse.com sells the XXX-4 G+ for 279.99, the car comes loaded with goodies!!

I still race a XX-4 looking for a good used XXX-4.

I've never broken something on the car that I could not finished the race, my only casualties have been a cracked shock tower that i still haven’t replaced. Pick something you really like because they all can handle well at any track.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

I would go with what your local Hobby shops support...If it's losi then go with a losi product.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Have a look at the Lazer and the B-Max4 from Yokomo as well.

Or just get a Durango while they're still in stock in OZ and forget all your troubles.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niznai
Have a look at the Lazer and the B-Max4 from Yokomo as well.
I just read the review on the Lazer ZX-5 FS. This machine looks VERY impressive. I'm still a bit weary of their shock tower, but I haven't seen any 1/10th 4wd buggies with a bullet-proof shock tower.

The only thing that came close to it was the front shock tower for the BJ4WE/B44 but it entails stacking TWO front shock tower and gluing them together (which makes them 6mm?)

6mm thick CF isn't going to break anytime soon, but it's also an expensive way to do it, well worth it for me, but $27 for a CF shock tower is just robbery...

Old 11-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
I just read the review on the Lazer ZX-5 FS. This machine looks VERY impressive. I'm still a bit weary of their shock tower, but I haven't seen any 1/10th 4wd buggies with a bullet-proof shock tower.

[...]
That's because most companies rely on toughness to make their buggies bulletproof instead of flexibility. Kyosho offers the RTR kit which being some lower grade flexible plastic is harder to break than the race grade kits. Race grade kits are probably aimed at top level racing and it is assumed at that level accidents are a lot fewer and less taxing on the cars. Cost of replacing a shock tower is also less of a factor for a car worth a lot more money.

A friend of mine started with a RTR kit he upgraded beyond the top racer kit and when he finally broke a CF shock tower just replaced it with the plastic one he still had from the RTR kit. Problem solved.

The Yokomo car also offers plastic bits to replace the carbor fiber parts if desired. That is why I recommended a look (apart from the fact that the Yoke is a really nice and very performant design).
Old 11-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I havent read a post on this thread but I have been looking at that DEX car thats the best 4 wheel I ever seen. Its expensive though, next to that the D4 its basically the b44 with the issues worked out and a bit stronger but its a few more buks. and inbetween these there is the Yokomo. What do you want to spend? when you figure that out there is your chioces. With Parts avail online is so easy unless your lhs is 2 blocks away it dont matter just find out what you need in your pit box.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by yzracer758
Hot Bodies USA won't ship internationally.
A-Main hobbies seems to have a nice stock on parts.
Use a parcel fowarding company. When I was living in Perth, I used to use Shipito and I think they only charged $8.50 plus discounted international shipping. It was worth it for the times I wanted to buy and couldn't because the retailer wouldn't ship.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have an older Lazer ZX5-sp, & it is very adjustable.
I got it as a roller dirt cheep & it has been solid & fast.

Other wise... B44

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.