Search
Like Tree4Likes

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coolrob
hey i am getting a new Traxxas 1/10 Slash 4X4 Brushless. i need to know what i need to get for it. Not recommended what i need.
Nothing really needed its a great truck right out of the box. I know you don't want recommendations but i would recommend the proline body mounts/posts. Thumb screws much better than body pins
Old 10-17-2016, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommynash
Nothing really needed its a great truck right out of the box. I know you don't want recommendations but i would recommend the proline body mounts/posts. Thumb screws much better than body pins
+1
Old 10-22-2016, 05:14 PM
Tech Rookie

i enjoy my slash...ive done mod after mod..and still cant keep up with the guys running teknos and losi scts......pretty disappointed in it for a racing platform...but its a great basher
Old 11-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Never gonna catch the scte and tekno. They have dedicated race teams that tweak geometry and weight distribution and constantly improve. Also, this is why the tekno roller costs 400 without electronics, wheels, tires, or body.... Even a scte 1.0 will murder the slash on the track. I've owned all of these trucks and loved to bash the slash 2wd and 4wd. On the track its not even close. Bashing the scte costs too much money in wear and tear, and the tekno will do it all but I don't bash it BC I have the Traxxas! Solution? Buy another truck 😎
Originally Posted by hiofficr87
i enjoy my slash...ive done mod after mod..and still cant keep up with the guys running teknos and losi scts......pretty disappointed in it for a racing platform...but its a great basher
Old 01-07-2017, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I need some help. I recently got a used Traxxas Slayer and I want to put bigger tires to it, I saw a video on youtube of a guy that installed the proline trencher tires on a Slash, I am wondering if these tires work on the Slayer and why is there a front and rear tires for the slayer?

Thanks for all the help
Old 01-07-2017, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moisesing
I need some help. I recently got a used Traxxas Slayer and I want to put bigger tires to it, I saw a video on youtube of a guy that installed the proline trencher tires on a Slash, I am wondering if these tires work on the Slayer and why is there a front and rear tires for the slayer?

Thanks for all the help
Any short course tire is fine to put on the slayer wheels. And if I remember correctly the Slayer is 4x4 so the wheels should be the same all around.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Any short course tire is fine to put on the slayer wheels. And if I remember correctly the Slayer is 4x4 so the wheels should be the same all around.
Do you know if the proline trencher tires will work on the slayer?
Old 01-07-2017, 02:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by moisesing
Do you know if the proline trencher tires will work on the slayer?
As long as your using the stock 2.2/3.0 wheels that came on the slayer any 2.2/3.0 SC tire will fit fine. I bought a bunch of the black and chrome traxxas wheels for my Slayer Pro, mounted Proline Holeshots and blockades on them. They look awesome and perform on the racetrack. The truck is not really competitive against anything but other slayers, but it's so much fun I don't care. Drives,handles and LOOKS like a truck flying around the track. Love it. Bring it with me often to run after practice with my dedicated race trucks.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So just picked up a platinum to run during the winter season on an indoor clay track. While clearly the race specific trucks will always have the advantage. Does anyone have a race set up to share?
Thanks
Old 01-19-2017, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

The slash lcg is very difficult to tune for racing but you can get a close as what will allow. Basically as a start get the stiffest springs you can get. Kit is way too soft. Put say 50-60wt all round. The hardest part is getting on power steering so rather than feed you. I recommend getting a tuning guide plenty around if you haven't already. Hudy has a good one. Look at what changes give more on power steering.

From a driving perspective work on hard braking your going to have to slow it more than other act's so you can rotate it and get the wheels pointing straight again as soon as possible so you can slam on the gas again.

Helluva lot of fun to race these things. Oh yes because you'll be desperate for more steering make sure you have a full range turned on to begin with maximise those endpoints you'll have to drive well to keep up
Old 01-19-2017, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wink Thank You

Originally Posted by Volition
The slash lcg is very difficult to tune for racing but you can get a close as what will allow. Basically as a start get the stiffest springs you can get. Kit is way too soft. Put say 50-60wt all round. The hardest part is getting on power steering so rather than feed you. I recommend getting a tuning guide plenty around if you haven't already. Hudy has a good one. Look at what changes give more on power steering.

From a driving perspective work on hard braking your going to have to slow it more than other act's so you can rotate it and get the wheels pointing straight again as soon as possible so you can slam on the gas again.

Helluva lot of fun to race these things. Oh yes because you'll be desperate for more steering make sure you have a full range turned on to begin with maximise those endpoints you'll have to drive well to keep up
Thank You
Old 01-20-2017, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Volition

Thanks for the info. Made the mistake of just throwing it down on the track with some new tires on it. Finished 4 laps behind the leader. Just could not keep the nose up while jumping. Then realized the slipper was in it and not the center diff. I've seen all kinds of set ups on different oils. I am used to like 7,7,5 in my nitro rides. What are. You racers running in this?
Drbrake likes this.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Problem with Traxxas 4x4

Hello Guys, i am new here at this forum.
I come from Holland (i know that is far away ). So my english is not very very good.
I bougt for the first time in my life an RC. Traxxas Slash 4x4. i love it BUT... i've got a problem.
When i turn on my transmitter en than the traxxas, the car goes in hi rpm in reverse. The transmitter is than in neutral. When i go forward with the transmitter than the traxxas stop.
I hope that someone can help me.

Kind regarts Ivan Landlust
Old 01-23-2017, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilandlust
Hello Guys, i am new here at this forum.
I come from Holland (i know that is far away ). So my english is not very very good.
I bougt for the first time in my life an RC. Traxxas Slash 4x4. i love it BUT... i've got a problem.
When i turn on my transmitter en than the traxxas, the car goes in hi rpm in reverse. The transmitter is than in neutral. When i go forward with the transmitter than the traxxas stop.
I hope that someone can help me.

Kind regarts Ivan Landlust
Have you tried recalibrating the ESC? That's where I would start. Also be sure the throttle trim is set to neutral before calibration.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jazjato
So just picked up a platinum to run during the winter season on an indoor clay track. While clearly the race specific trucks will always have the advantage. Does anyone have a race set up to share?
Thanks
Ive never changed anything besides installing the slipper on my platinum and thought it ran fine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.