Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree121Likes

Kyosho MP9E Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho MP9E Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho MP9e Wiki.

Mp9e TKI4 Manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by targetingxmod

-2012 RC8.2e Body fits like a glove on mp9e

-Searching lead me to Stock RC8.2e bodys. they says they fit with no mods... but what about taller lipos? These bodys alloy it?

Let me know!
thanks
I ran the Proline MP9 Bulldog body on my MP9E. A 4 cell lipo fits under it for the most part. It is a little tight and it might rub a little, but just make sure you have some strong Velcro to keep it down. My Velcro sometimes doesn't keep it down all the time.

Now for my question: I was doing some maintenance on my MP9E and I discovered that on the bottom of my Hobbywing motor there was a big dent in the can. I think the dent is from the plastic part that holds the motor up from hitting the chassis, but I am not sure. Is this normal or is there a way to fix this? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

-Austin
Old 08-29-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

Thinking about a mp9e. Ran losi and mugen. How does mp9e compare. Likes and dislikes. I know this is mp9thread but tell me honest things that I might not like as well. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

love the buggy but the aluminum seems softer than any other buggy I have had
Old 09-02-2014, 07:23 PM

Trader Rating: 470 (100%+)

I guess I would have to agree. But it looks so good!

The anodizing does seem to wear faster than other brands but I got over that fast.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:25 PM

Trader Rating: 470 (100%+)

Just noticed how quiet this thread has been. Been running more 1:10 myself but can't wait to run the mp9e tki this weekend.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:29 AM
Tech Champion

It will get less quiet in winter time, many drivers favor nitro in the summer. I actually have a MP9E TKI that I almost never ran for this reason.

Concerning the buggy itself the handling is a dream, the only thing as mentioned before is the wear of anodized parts. It's a bit of a shame on such a high end buggy. It's not the most durable car either (at least not at the level of Xray or Serpent), even if I never broke anything (I race a MP9 in nitro too). The plastic is a bit on the soft side, which also makes everything feel so free..

Specifically on the ebuggy this time I would recommend anyone to use a plastic spur gear. The MP9E comes stock with a metal one but you'll gain in noise, weight, smoothness and runtimes using plastic.

A last thing: there are not many bodies available for this buggy. The stock one is paper thin and the battery tray is smaller than on many other buggies too. So for the same capacity of battery you'll need taller batts which can be tricky for the clearance with the body.

That's about it. I had the occasion to test a variety of buggies in the last few years and this is the easiest and most balanced buggy I have ever driven in rough conditions/ bumps/ dust. It really makes you look like a better driver . First time ever in 5 years I'm no longer considering to buy another buggy. The MP9 is the one that feels the most natural to me, it really suits my driving style. This car is especially good with drivers that are very active/fast in their inputs because it smoothes the response.

edit: I forgot to compare the MP9E to Mugen (I own a MBX6Eco and tried the MBX7 Eco too)..

So, compared to the MBX6 Eco.. Overall it feels as easy, but in a different way. The MP9E rotates around its center, whereas the MBX6 has understeering in most cases. You can reduce underteering by using a different oil setup in the diffs for sure but it will never rotate as good as the MP9. The MP9 just turns differently compared to any car. It's not the front end that turns and the rear follows, you really feel the wole car is turning as if the rear wheels were directional. Must be due to the geometry. The Kyosho also feels even smoother overall, especially the suspensions. To me these are the two most balanced e-buggy. IMO the X6 Eco is even better than the X7.

Compared to the X7 Eco this time the MP9 lacks of corner entry and could be a bit slower in very technical sections. But again the overall feel is more balanced. The MBX7 can be a bit delicate from the rear, light feeling I would say. The opposite compared to the MBX6, it tends to oversteer. The MP9 is stuck in the ground whatever you throw at it. Kyosho suspensions are in another league compared to Mugen also, being the MBX6 or MBX7.

Last edited by Pulse_; 09-03-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

does anybody have a setup suggestion for an indoor clay track? Layout is quite technical

what tires & compounds are you guys running indoors in general?
Old 09-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pulse_
the wear of anodized parts. It's a bit of a shame on such a high end buggy.
Agree 100% on this part. The metal does wear more quickly
new chassis for this coming season
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho MP9E Thread-img_0841.jpg  
Old 09-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bohdi
Agree 100% on this part. The metal does wear more quickly
new chassis for this coming season
what part number is it?

I know there are numerous chassis options available for the MP9
Old 09-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Its just cosmetic. Buy the HA factory one once it wears down enough that lasts longer, its the same as on the rb6 and zx6 buggies. Once the gun metal is off, the chassis wears the same as any other cars. Same 7075 aluminum. x1000000 on the kyosho suspension, spot on . Its a weird car to drive on a broken up blown track does not upset it at all.

I have the BCE chassis on mine which is great, sadly you cannot get anymore .
Old 09-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

what part number is it?

I know there are numerous chassis options available for the MP9
Got it off ebay. It is the standard mp9e TKI chassis

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Its just cosmetic. Buy the HA factory one once it wears down enough that lasts longer, its the same as on the rb6 and zx6 buggies. Once the gun metal is off, the chassis wears the same as any other cars. Same 7075 aluminum. x1000000 on the kyosho suspension, spot on . Its a weird car to drive on a broken up blown track does not upset it at all.
(.
I was only referring to the motor mount as to wearing so quickly. annodization wears off too quickly.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

thanks, I'll try the hard anodized kyosho then
Old 09-14-2014, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

just realised I never posted an "under the hood" pic of my MP9E TKI.. so here we go:

Tekin T8i 1350kv motor
Tekin RX8 Gen2 ESC
KoPropo BSx servo
Sanwa RX451R receiver + M11X radio
Gens Ace lipos in 5S or 6S depending on the track + EC5 connectors

weight: 3kg exactly without a lipo, 3kg300 RTR for indoors and 15 minutes runtime, 3kg500 RTR for outdoors and 25 minutes runtime

the wiring looks unusual but I tested many different configurations and this is the best IMO

Last edited by Pulse_; 09-14-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not sure about that wiring configuration - what makes you say it's the best ?

I would be concerned about the durability of this setup where the wires can constantly pull up/down on the motor and ESC solder.
I have been running a layout where the wires rest on the motor can and on the little bridge over the rear center shaft.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

the wiring looks unusual but I tested many different configurations and this is the best IMO
I will stick with this method

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.