Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
is the b4 better on the track then the losi 2wd buggy?? >

is the b4 better on the track then the losi 2wd buggy??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is the b4 better on the track then the losi 2wd buggy??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This may be the most civil thread on Losi or AE I've ever read. Very good, balanced points by all. At the track I race, it's a mixed bag between Losi and AE with a few Kyosho thrown in. Some of the races have switched from one brand or another depending on what their friends are racing; so it's easier to swap/borrow parts. That should indicate that they are pretty equal in quality.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i got one more question what is the weak points on the b4? people tell me it is really weak just wondering what breaks usually so i can carry it when i race
Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Arms a lot, rear wing, front axles.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Front and rear arms, steering knuckles, c-hubs and wing mounts I would definitely have on hand, along with some rear inner hinge pins. If you have the factory team version, replace the aluminum axles with steel. I have seen quite a few of the aluminum axles break, I always replaced mine with steel from the get go. Eventually you will want spares for everything, you never know what you will break.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sorry guys another question im going to be running lipo do u guys think i should add some weight to the back or to the front just wondering because this going to be my first time racing 2wd buggy thanks guys for all the information so far
Old 03-21-2009, 04:45 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

actually i'd say if u like to flog your car around the track, go with the losi. if ur the more reserved 'driving instructor' brake then turn type person (myself), then the b4 might be the choice for you.

funny....i run a losi (although i have a rb5 coming, see what thats like).

R
Old 03-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crawlerguy220
sorry guys another question im going to be running lipo do u guys think i should add some weight to the back or to the front just wondering because this going to be my first time racing 2wd buggy thanks guys for all the information so far
I run a 3 Oz. li-po plate under my li-po to bring the weight back up to the same as running a 6 cell nimh pack. Mainly because all the set-up info out there is based on nimh weight. Plus I run alot of roar rules races where you have to weigh in at a certain weight.without the weight my car is around 1-3/4 oz light, with the weight I am 1-1/4 Oz over weight.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

B4 for smooth clay tracks and losi for blown out outdoor tracks. Also if your running on carpet where its smooth go for the b4