R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default is the b4 better on the track then the losi 2wd buggy??

hey guys i was wondering what 2wd electric buggy is better on the track the associated b4 or the losi because i seen so many people tell me that the losi is better some people say the b4 is better just want your guys opinion thanks i got a b4 but i was just wondering if the losi is better. I never raced my b4 before.

Brandon
race it break it fix it Brandon Hawkins
crawlerguy220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First let me say... this is a loaded question, and I wouldn't be suprised if this thread gets locked. Please use the search feature and you will find TONS of results about this topic. Just be glad that I got to you first and said it nicely!

Now to answer your question.... it's all a matter of opinion. They are both Comp level cars and both are built very well.

J
pyro18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to y2kgtp Send a message via Yahoo to y2kgtp

Well, from your sig, it looks like you got a XXX-T as well....The truck is pretty similar to the buggy....
Old 03-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

They are both great, it comes down to personal preference.
XXX-T - Stock Truck
XXX4+g
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The B4 is more of the on the edge type car, it has more steering than the losi, but the losi has rear end that is more planted. The answer to your question will be in your driving style, as they both jump well and handle bumps about the same. If you are an aggressive driver I would go with the B4, if you are a smooth driver who carves his corners then go with the losi. Not saying that you can't drive the other car the opposite way and be fast with it, but play to the cars strengths. As said, they are both comp level cars, but the B4 is a little harder to drive to its potential. That said, I used to race a B4, now I only race 4wd.
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

there is no "best"
ray3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
Tech Adept

thanks guys for the tip i will just stick with the b4 i think it would be better for me thanks

Brandon
Old 03-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yea
Brandon I think this will be fine for you, I personally prefer Losi buggy and AE Truck. Although I learned RC with the XXX so I have kept it, I still race my LOSI buggy ffrom 00-01, Same one. But I LOVE my T4 way more than the XXX-T

Josh
JoshM20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to roadrash536
Smile whats better

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerguy220 View Post
hey guys i was wondering what 2wd electric buggy is better on the track the associated b4 or the losi because i seen so many people tell me that the losi is better some people say the b4 is better just want your guys opinion thanks i got a b4 but i was just wondering if the losi is better. I never raced my b4 before.

Brandon

The buggys are the same....its the driver that win races. Learn your buggy and enjoy it....race.
roadrash536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have to agree, which ever buggy you buy/sitck with, Losi or AE your going to be happy

J
pyro18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray3619 View Post
there is no "best"
best answer ever right there. It depends on driver preference,driving style, and set-up.I have owned both AE and losi. The AE just felt to unsettled to me, never really quite as dialed as i wanted it to be. The losi was almost the opposite.Almost felt like it was TOO planted in the rear which just took away from the steering.First 2wd buggy I had to free up the rear end on to get it to rotate through corners predictably.
So I tried an RB5. Good handling car, just could never get consistant laps with it because I didnt feel comfortable driving it,I didnt feel confident that it would handle predictably going into corners, so I ended up driving the RB5 like an old lady,very over-cautious going into corners and squaring up for jumps.

While i had the RB5 I bought my 12 yr. old a GV2 RTR because it was on sale for like 120.00 @A-main. The first time I drove that buggy I felt right at home.I could push it as hard as I wanted to and had no question how it would handle.The following week my RB5 was up for sale and a GV2 pro kit was on it's way. I now run exclusively academy cars and trucks.Hell My 12 yr. old is the great lakes stock truck champ. He did it on his first time out with the new academy GV2-T.

I know it's not main stream, and the parts support isnt either, but since we have no hobby shops within a couple hour drive I was already used to keeping all my spares on hand. So not a really big deal for me.

regardless, my point is what works perfect for 1 guy may not work for crap for another. Whether its the kit, or the set-up, or radio gear It all pretty much comes down to getting yourself set-up with something YOU are comfortable driving.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Default one more question

is the stock factory team tires good for a hard carpet track the front tires are proline edge and rear proline bow ties
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

cant really say.. I have never ran holeshots on carpet. But most places wont let you run any type of pin tread tire .Usually they insist on slicks or like the pro-line road rages, or strikers so you dont tear up their carpet.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerguy220 View Post
is the stock factory team tires good for a hard carpet track the front tires are proline edge and rear proline bow ties
Yea you would want to run slicks. you could always make your own slicks, but you should also go to the track and meet some people. Once you kinda know them and start playing with your buggy ask them if you can take a couple laps with theirs.

It's much better to do a couple hot laps with someones buggy to get an "idea" of the handling vs $200 trial. Unless you are sure you don't want what you have.
JoshM20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #15
Tech Adept

well im going to my local tracks practice tomorrow so i will tell you guys how i goes