Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buggy goes wild

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Buggy goes wild

Hello, I've got this strange problem with my brother's ansmann master smacker RTR - After driving it, every few times the forward - backward controlls switch - now, there's a button to reverse this change, but then the car goes completely wild - always. I then have to configure it with the button that controls the motor - whether it goes forward, is stopped or goes backward - but [usually] not before I hit something, I broke a shock today. The thing is, if I kept my reversed controlls, the car works and it works if I manage to config it fast enough. What could be the cause ? I've got stock transmitter

Please Help - Thank you
Boris
Old 01-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I do not know anything about this manufacture.
My suggestion is to take it to the hobby shop that you purchaced it from and ask for help.
If you bought it online you might be stuck
Old 01-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Rookie

It ain't that bad, it works ok when I settle it but I'm thinking there's something wrong since it usually gets back to normal after putting battery out and then in. NOTE : The car doesn't move wildly if I switch off my controller. Otherwise the car drives like it should

Btw I'm from Europe and i think there aren't many ansmann cars in USA
Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

may be a long shot but check the throttle trim on the TX.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Rookie

TX - Transmitter ?
It seems you either didn't read or didn't understand what I said. Controls for forward and backward on transmitter switch sometimes (themselves, for unknown reason - don't want that), and theres a button to switch them to "reverse" so I get my previous settings - but that makes the throttle trim "unconfigured" and the car goes wild- till I fix it - that is, modify the throttle trim (I didn't know how to call this button - the one that makes it go forward, stop or go backward (without using trigger) - so NOT the trigger - sorry if I explained it unclear or confusing which I apparently did)
Old 01-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Fault

I would think the switch on the transmitter is faulty. If you know anyone with another transmitter try theirs. If not go to a local hobby shop, they should have a transmitter and reciever that they use to test with.
Our shop would do this free of charge so I doubt yours would charge much if anything.

Terry
Old 01-17-2009, 04:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Ty, gonna take it to the store in monday but we're still gonna have to pay for the shocks - 25€ for 4 pcs... Sometimes I wish I'd live in US, could get a HPI Savage for 150€ or those shocks for 10e