Community
Wiki Posts
Search

b44???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool b44???

hey everyone, is the b44 a powerful buggy(i know it depends on the motor and stuff) cause i have a bandit vxl and that thing just is a slippin and a slddin everywhere, but my 8ight-b really hugs the ground and isnt real squirlie. my question is since the b44 is 4wd is heavier and more controlable or is it simalar to a 2wd elec. cause since its 4wd i think it would be less squirlie. another thing how do the batteries work on a electric kit? cause it says to use individual cells not paks? i dont know much about electric so im here asking questions. oh sorry if this is a duplicte post. i think i asked this question to some other forum but i cant remember which one. i looked through the last couple of days and didnt see me so i think im ok. thanx agian, clay unruh
Old 10-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You asked this question on rcuniverse. The B44 is a stable buggy and will handle MUCH better than your Bandit. If you were to get a competation 2rd truck or buggy you wouldnt slide around as much. The B44 takes saddle pack, 3 cells on each side.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The B44 is a very nice buggy. However, there are several other great 4wd's on the market, some of which use stick packs. Just keep in mind that electric 4wd's are often the most fragile class for racing. Partly because many places only run 4wd open mod and it's the fastest electric class and partly because of their design. The angle of the front suspension makes their front ends more prone to breaking.

Before you give up on the 2wd, you might want to make sure you're running the right tires for the track and try some setup changes like springs, shock oil, and possibly adding some weight to the car. Chris_RC is right on though in saying that the Bandit is usually not considered at the same level as Kyosho, Associated, and Losi when it comes to race performance. Learning to control a 2wd on a loose track will make you a better driver in the long run.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is easier to run the 4wd but if you cant get the setup right it still wont handle correctly so no matter what one you get you still need to play with tire combos and shock fluids and weather swaybars are working etc.
The 4wd will handle ten times better then any 2wd for a average driver but dont think you have to go buy the most expensive buggy to win shop around and use some info you get from people to help you decide
Really thou your buggy you are running is not at the levels the B4 or the others like Losi and so on are but not trying to nock what you have its just if you want to progress in the hobby more for competition go with the higher end buggy in 2wd and you will see a much better inprovement and also make sure you leran good throttle control just because you stab it wide open all the time doesnt mean you should always win.
Just my .02
Old 10-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blade Bomber
It is easier to run the 4wd but if you cant get the setup right it still wont handle correctly so no matter what one you get you still need to play with tire combos and shock fluids and weather swaybars are working etc.
The 4wd will handle ten times better then any 2wd for a average driver but dont think you have to go buy the most expensive buggy to win shop around and use some info you get from people to help you decide
Really thou your buggy you are running is not at the levels the B4 or the others like Losi and so on are but not trying to nock what you have its just if you want to progress in the hobby more for competition go with the higher end buggy in 2wd and you will see a much better improvement and also make sure you learn good throttle control just because you stab it wide open all the time doesn't mean you should always win.
Just my .02
Very good point brother man 4WD is a blast personally I would not want to run anything else but any competition buggy or truck out that is setup properly and driven properly has the chance of winning... big emphasis on driven properly
Old 10-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

yo dudes, thanx for all the great info. ill be sure to consider it when im shopping for a 4wd elec. and as for the bandit , im considering going w/ a losi xxx-cr and just getting rid of the traxxas. although it is fun out in front of my house just to better my drivin skills: ) thanx agian, clay unruh
Old 10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

One thing to consider is teh kinds of buggies that are run at your local track. If you plan on racing, visit your local track and see what others are running. All of the buggies at the race level are competitive when setup properly. So having a buggy that the majority of your competitors are familiar with and have parts for may be the way to go. A Tamiya Durga may be a great buggy for the price, but if you can't get parts, and setup tips, it may not be worth it.