Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? >

Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mopar
Randy, I got my RS Pro back this week from being repaired, set it up and worked fine. Decided to make some changes to program with the Hotwire. Applied the setting, reset the transmitter endpoints and now it flashes the first two and last two. I know it's not in the wrong mode. Let it sit while at the track for about 2hr tried it and it worked fine. Turned it off then back on and ever since it flashes first two and last two again. Any idea what is going on? The other 2 units I have work flawlessly. This one though is driving me nuts. Thanks
Hook up Hotwire and check your motor type.... I'll bet you find it has set it self to Brushed Motor setting all by itself. lmk what you find.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by redbaron
Hook up Hotwire and check your motor type.... I'll bet you find it has set it self to Brushed Motor setting all by itself. lmk what you find.
Nope, BL-FW. Brushless forward and brake only. I never run with reverse. As I started racing in '85 a good esc for racing didn't have reverse. And ROAR rules does not allow reverse. Thats one thing that our local track fails to enforce. That and since when did "Novice" class allow anything but stock motors (17.5 these days).
Old 02-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Nope, BL-FW. Brushless forward and brake only. I never run with reverse. As I started racing in '85 a good esc for racing didn't have reverse. And ROAR rules does not allow reverse. Thats one thing that our local track fails to enforce. That and since when did "Novice" class allow anything but stock motors (17.5 these days).
Ok, just curious. My RS pro showed LED's 12&67 flashing for no reason one day. It worked fine one minute and then it just flashed. I thought it was done and it set on the bench waiting to be sent back in. I hooked it up to receiver only the other day to test receiver on my car and it functioned normal. I then connected it to the motor and it started flashing 12&67 again. I checked it with hotwire and it was set on brushed. I have never changed this setting from brushless yet some how that is where it was set.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If you just received it back and it didn't work it's under warranty. Please contact [email protected] or hit me up on Livechat today.
Problem is that I don't have a reciet for the repairs, so unless they store that info in their system I'll end up being charged again.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Ok, just curious. My RS pro showed LED's 12&67 flashing for no reason one day. It worked fine one minute and then it just flashed. I thought it was done and it set on the bench waiting to be sent back in. I hooked it up to receiver only the other day to test receiver on my car and it functioned normal. I then connected it to the motor and it started flashing 12&67 again. I checked it with hotwire and it was set on brushed. I have never changed this setting from brushless yet some how that is where it was set.
Gremlins
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Problem is that I don't have a reciet for the repairs, so unless they store that info in their system I'll end up being charged again.
It's unfortunate you don't have your copy but we do track them in the system. If you write a detailed note and try to give us an idea when it was in for service we can try to track it all down. We're here to help, not hinder.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
It's unfortunate you don't have your copy but we do track them in the system. If you write a detailed note and try to give us an idea when it was in for service we can try to track it all down. We're here to help, not hinder.
+1 on the service.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Really?? I have an RS I have been waiting to send back that is flashing 1267. I will hook it up to the hotwire soon and see if it is set to brushed!!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Question, what could happen if the cap is soldered on backwards? Apparently I had one soldered on backwards, and Im guessing since I run stock I had no issues.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
Question, what could happen if the cap is soldered on backwards? Apparently I had one soldered on backwards, and Im guessing since I run stock I had no issues.
Caps don't like to be wired backwards and explode. (no balls of fire or anything they just pop and leak out there innards.)
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is 222 or 223 available for download?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Team Tekin

It will be shortly. Likely sometime after the weekend.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Having same problems as others here.

Just got my speedo back from service. 12 67 are flashing...
On the invoice they said NPF.

Tried a factory reset, hooked up to car...nothing. When connected to hotwire 12 67 flash. This happened ever since my 222 update.....i put all my other RS Pros back to 212.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Team Tekin

222 didn't cause this issue. 12 67 fault can be the Motor type setting so make sure you're on MT 1 2 or 3.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Caps don't like to be wired backwards and explode. (no balls of fire or anything they just pop and leak out there innards.)
What if it didn't pop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.