Wiki Posts
Search

B4 vs. XXX

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default B4 vs. XXX

i ran mostly touring cars, both electric and nitro, i really have no experience in running off-road.

can you guys help me, im deciding whether to get the B4 or losi's XXX.

on touring cars i prefer the losi, i have the G+, i was kinda leaning towards the XXX, but the B4 is the newest release, so there might be new features that the XXX doesn't have.

any advice comment would be greatly appreciated.

thanks... - jason
Old 08-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Go drive both. It's really more of a personal thing between the handling of each than anything else. Be sure to drive more than one of each, because a lot of guys change setups, which will make it handle differently. They're both great buggies.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Here's a list of the final's from the mod nat's held last week. http://www.tiltyard.com/Mains%2008-25-2003.htm 6 of the ten we're B4's and 5 of the ten we're T4's in truck class. I was there and saw Losi struggle to get there cars to work. AE changed very little to dominate the event.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedydave
Go drive both. It's really more of a personal thing between the handling of each than anything else. Be sure to drive more than one of each, because a lot of guys change setups, which will make it handle differently. They're both great buggies.

... tried both today, and kinda liked the losi better, although the B4 wasn't dialed in yet, still needs some tuning...

... now im more confused, i was all set to get the B4, but when i drove the losi, i was quite impressed with it...

... anyway, still have some time before i get to decide...
Old 08-31-2003, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

they are both excellent cars and both can be tuned to drive however you want. Get which ever one is easier to get wheels and other parts, and it also easier to share setups with friends if your running the same car.

Last edited by Scrubb; 08-31-2003 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

I agree with Scrubb... Both cars are great, and you should be able to get both hooked up just about anywhere as long as you get the right setup.

Parts availability would be one factor, as well as a look to see what the local hotshoes are running. Most people would be willing to share setups or tuning advice, so I'd go with the car that seems to be popular with the experienced folks.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

For an Off Road buggy that is less than 8 or 9 months old, the B4's record definitely speaks for itself!

The Count is now 5 Major International Off-Road Titles for the B4! 4 Titles were with primarily AE sponsored Drivers and the other through a Yokomo sponsored Driver. 2 of the 4 Drivers have the doubles in their respective country's Chamionships! Furthermore, Neil Cragg (2WD & 4WD British Champ) took home both the European 2WD and 4WD Championships over in Austria about a month ago! Travis Amezcua took the U.S. ROAR 2WD Championship just a week ago! On top of that the B4 swept the top 3 spots at the U.S. ROAR Nationals! The B4 also had Great results from the Japanese Off-Road Championships. It too was a clean sweep of the top 3 spots! Last but not least, the T4 which was just released and is heavily based on the B4's design, won the U.S. Truck ROAR Nationals with Mark Pavidis behind the wheel!

Here are the Drivers, their Trophies, & their Rides! -

Ari Bakla - 2WD & 4WD Australian National Off-Road Champion! Associated B4 and the German designed AE TC3 Off-Road conversion - DURANGO -

Neil Cragg - 2WD British National Champion (BRACA) & 2WD European Champion using the B4! He won the 4WD European Champion using the Yokomo MR4-BC SPECIAL -

The JMRCA All Japan electric offroad championship was decided at the world famous Yatabe Arena indoor track (with retractable roof!).

The most succesful Japanse driver, Masami Hirosaka, was not racing this year. First the 2wd qualifying was run followed by 4wd qualifying and then the finals in both classes on Sunday.

The race was a big success for Yokomo team driver Hiroshi Suzuki who won both classes. In 2wd he dominated with his Associated B4 buggy while in 4wd he won with his Yokomo MR4BC Special. -

Associated SWEEPS Top 3 Spots with the B4 -

Travis Amezcua - AE - 1st Place (Center)
Billy Easton - AE - 2nd Place (Left)
Jared Tebo - AE - 3rd Place (Right) - 16 years old!

Associated Takes Top 2 Spots in Modified Truck!

Mark Pavidis - AE - 1st Place (Center)
Jared Tebo - AE - 2nd Place (Left)
Ryan Cavalieri - Losi - 3rd Place (Right)

U.S. 2WD ROAR National Champ Travis Amezcua

U.S. Truck & 2WD National Champs Mark Pavidis & Travis Amezcua - TEAM AE!

With the recent success this year of Associated Drivers in the 4WD Class both in big races around the U.S. and abroad, it is finally time for AE to "Get In Gear" and make a push for a 100% AE built 4WD Off-Road buggy! They have the R&D talent and a solid bassis to really produce a fantastic 4WD buggy (The Durango & TC3-"O" prove that). The class is finally starting to heat up with the recent success of the Durango and the Yokomo MR4-BC SPECIAL. It's no longer a hands down win for a Losi XXX-4 or the XX-4. The Big race events now have more variety and hopefully there is a trickling down effect.... an effect that AE can take advantage of which in turn would further prop up this amazing class!

As for 2WD in regards to Losi XXX & B4, they both are great buggies. The B4 though has definitely kicked the rivalry up a notch. This year's Championship results obviously speak for themselves. The IFMAR World's in October will be the Final test.

Last edited by STEALTH; 09-02-2003 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

there is a shootout between the B4 vs the xxx in the october issue u might want to check it out
Old 09-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

the last two shoot outs between the two buggys have basicaly came down to driver set up and the actual drivers skill.

i ran my friends xxx and b4, i ran faster laps with the xxx than with the b4, but he can run faster with his b4
Old 09-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

if you ran faster laps with the XXX then you should get it. I am looking into the XXX-KE which is just like the XXX with hop ups included.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Eh-let me just tell you this-

If you DONT have a smooth track, then go with the XXX.

I drove the B4 on one of our not-so-smooth tracks, and handling is very poor. The B4 is very picky, whereas i feel the XXX is adaptable to many different track surfaces.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Omar
there is a shootout between the B4 vs the xxx in the october issue u might want to check it out
read it already... basically, if you analyze the article, B4 wins, but it seems that they were trying to make it a even deal, and just left the decision to the readers...
Old 09-07-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NMRCDude

I drove the B4 on one of our not-so-smooth tracks, and handling is very poor. The B4 is very picky, whereas i feel the XXX is adaptable to many different track surfaces.
im not sure how to categorize our local track, as i have no other experience with other off-road tracks... will ask the guys and post later...

... on another note... How is the ASSASIN? compared to other TC's...
Old 09-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by NMRCDude

Hate to bust your balls, but that definitely was a poor generalization about the B4. You might have used a particular B4 on a rough track and it didn't perform too well, but there is no way you can say all B4 buggies will perform that way!

It all comes down to how you set it up (shock springs, shock oil, which holes are used on the shock tower, etc.). Neil Cragg who won both the 2WD Championship in England and the 2WD European Off Road Championship in Europe (as well as the 4WD in both!) is a perfect example. Team Losi by far had the largest sponsored team in Austria for the European Off Road Championships and so the XXX and XXX Kinwald buggies definitely outnumbered the B4 buggies and yet on a VERY hot, dry, and extremely bumpy track.... Neil managed to win it all!

The B4 buggies can perform just as well on a smooth track as a rough track. It all just comes down to how you set it up. In fact, the great strength of the B4 is just that.... it is very tuneable to different track conditions. Much more adjustable than it's predecessor the B3.

By the way, you can read all about the European Off Road Championships here:

http://www.team-orion.ch/live/results-cars.asp?id=141
Old 09-07-2003, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

I haven't driven a B4 or a XXX, but I'm buying a B4 because I'm a brand whore. Mugen and AE, baby!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.