Wiki Posts
Search

Racing tires for FTT4 help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Racing tires for FTT4 help?

I raced my first season this winter indoors, but it was spec tires. I plan on racing at a few outdoor tracks this spring and summer and need help on which tires I need to have in my box to be okay for most track conditions. I already have Edges fronts, clay switches and t-2000 rears. I would like to buy 1 or 2 more sets of fronts and 3-4 more sets of rears. Any sugestions, and or combos and why? Thanks fellas
Old 04-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow...that could be a looong list. It all depends on the track. Call the tracks & ask them what tires people are using.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beast95451
Wow...that could be a looong list. It all depends on the track. Call the tracks & ask them what tires people are using.
+1
Old 04-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

+2 Depends on the track, dirt (region of the country), track maintenance, whether they run 1/8 scales, etc.

But in general, a wide variety of pin sizes for the rear. Perhaps a set of Step Pins for rough loose dirt tracks typical of the midwest. (Guessing from your indoor comment.) And some small pins, such as Losi Taper Pins, if it's a smooth relatively hard packed track. ProLine Holeshots frequently seem to be OK.

But best advice is to try and ask around at each track or surrounding Hobby Shops. If you have track contact info try calling them, they should know what works.

Good luck!
Old 04-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

you should contact the tracks , they can be alot off help , gets expensive to guess and not use , with that said the one tire i allways take outdoors is a set of bow-ties , just me , ray
Old 04-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i found that indoor tires DO NOT work on the outdoor tracks but i bought a set of pro line bow ties and threw them on there and it was a whole diffrent so you might want to check out what the other guys are running there first befor you go buy any ol set
Old 04-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Decide which tracks you will be going to, and find out what the fast guys are running at those tracks. THEN make your tire purchases. It gets too involved to buy a bunch of tires up front if you don't know the exact conditions. You have to consider what foams to use, tire sauce (if any) and what compound to get.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks fellas, I live in Erie Pa. I have tried to ask a few people around and some are helpful, but some people really act like your breakin balls or something. Thats crazy to me, I have run nitro for years before I moved up here and were im from people are more helpful. I will and do try my best to help anyone who asks me anything. But thats a whole new thread lol.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

just look around a see who is the person that most people talk to, also look and see what everyone is running for tires.