Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caslte Creation Mamba Max VS Novak GTB system

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The key to remember is that is depends on the track you are running on.

This past winter I started with a 5700 in my 2wd and actually went to a 4600 and turned better lap times. I ran a 5700 in my 4wd.

For a brushed comparsion I thought the 5700 felt simalar to an 11 turn and the 4600 felt similar to a 13 turn.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My understand to about maintenance that there is no maintenance. You cannot open the motor. How long have this motors last?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I ran the Mamba max last season and canned it for the Novak. I have a lot of experience with Novak and its all good.

The reason I canned it was due to the abrupt bottom end take off. Any hoot a few weeks ago I ran a Mamba max with the new updated program and I tell ya it was like running a Novak. I'm going to run the Mamba sidewinder 4600 in our B-4 and have yet to decide whether to run one in our T-4.? This summer will tell me what to run in the truck this winter. We are going to try to kill this side winder out side this year. Mamba does not make any thing slow so be ready to GO FAST AND TRY NOT TO CRASH.!

Mamba attribute. You can run a Mamba hot enough to light a cigarette. It will handle more watts this Mamber Jamber will put the fire to your motor no Shiot!, and they have got the program right this time. I always said if they get the program right Novak is in trouble.

Good points.
The biggest reason its so likable...........Low profile with a reasonable foot print and will fit under any buggy body, no need for a fan, sensor less, and who could cry about the price other than the guy who pays 275.00 for a Novak system. MAKE"M CRY! And they have a great support system and warranty system.

Down side to the Mamba some rules don't allow them from what I've heard.?
Don't quote me there.

But the only thing and I mean only thing I don't like is taking my computer to a dirt track. The time I did i had ants and dust from all angles. But the programming is sweet as it gets and more precise. So its a love hate. I will just do programs from the car.

In short you just cant go wrong either way but look at the price. Yikes! Mamba has got to be working the shipping Dept. over time.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MannEdge
My understand to about maintenance that there is no maintenance. You cannot open the motor. How long have this motors last?
I've never had to open one but I'm sure you can. And just blow it out with an air hose. And change the front bearing if need be.
I wouldn't recommend digging to deep into it.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Unfortunately, you can't open up the mamba motors easily...I had one and slowly over time sand/dirt found their way through the extra mounting holes and there was nothing I could do when it started scraping internally. Some crazy good locktite is used on the small screws and all I managed to to was mangle them
In threads gone by castle has explicitly noted the motors aren't meant to be taken apart...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
something to keep in mind. you can do a good job of configuring the ESC without a laptop too. Its pretty straight forward.

I think both ESCs are great, I like the footprint of the Novak, but like the Mamba max as you can configure on a laptop if you want, and it doesn't need a fan.

Thing to keep in mind if you have a T4 (I have one in a T4) you need to trim the side wall a bit so you can access the port on the mamba max.

the sidewinder (there cheaper version) I believe can also mate with a pc too.

max I would recommend motorwise is a 5700 for a truck.

Cain:

How much time on the average do you get with running 4900 mah battery? What gear are running on the motor?

Thanks...
Old 03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I ran the Mamba max last season and canned it for the Novak. I have a lot of experience with Novak and its all good.

The reason I canned it was due to the abrupt bottom end take off. Any hoot a few weeks ago I ran a Mamba max with the new updated program and I tell ya it was like running a Novak. I'm going to run the Mamba sidewinder 4600 in our B-4 and have yet to decide whether to run one in our T-4.? This summer will tell me what to run in the truck this winter. We are going to try to kill this side winder out side this year. Mamba does not make any thing slow so be ready to GO FAST AND TRY NOT TO CRASH.!

Mamba attribute. You can run a Mamba hot enough to light a cigarette. It will handle more watts this Mamber Jamber will put the fire to your motor no Shiot!, and they have got the program right this time. I always said if they get the program right Novak is in trouble.

Good points.
The biggest reason its so likable...........Low profile with a reasonable foot print and will fit under any buggy body, no need for a fan, sensor less, and who could cry about the price other than the guy who pays 275.00 for a Novak system. MAKE"M CRY! And they have a great support system and warranty system.

Down side to the Mamba some rules don't allow them from what I've heard.?
Don't quote me there.

But the only thing and I mean only thing I don't like is taking my computer to a dirt track. The time I did i had ants and dust from all angles. But the programming is sweet as it gets and more precise. So its a love hate. I will just do programs from the car.

In short you just cant go wrong either way but look at the price. Yikes! Mamba has got to be working the shipping Dept. over time.
Castle really did hit the nail on the new programming as it is smooth as ever on take off.

If you race at some ROAR events the motors may not be legal but for me I could care less about ROAR as I'm not going to any of the races they put on and in offroad at least where I race at its all mod so the tracks allow any hard cased lipo and any brand brushless.

Rules are alot more picky in touring car and again in are area are always changing where the offroad rules are very simple and allow everyone to run.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Cain:

How much time on the average do you get with running 4900 mah battery? What gear are running on the motor?

Thanks...
I haven't had a chance to run it in a full on race condition this year with the 4900mah battery.

I would say 10 - 15 minutes or more should be doable as I can do that on a 4900 pack in my 1/8 scale. Usually you see even better runtimes on the 1/10 stuff.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
I haven't had a chance to run it in a full on race condition this year with the 4900mah battery.

I would say 10 - 15 minutes or more should be doable as I can do that on a 4900 pack in my 1/8 scale. Usually you see even better runtimes on the 1/10 stuff.
I am thinking about getting the 5400 Team Checkpoint Lipo. I am hoping it might make a 20 main if need be. I am hoping the weight wont be a problem.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

gat a 6000 mah maxamps lipo!!!!5700 4wd =25 mins runtime. and didnt even hit lvc
Old 03-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

So, people have pretty much told you the $135 system and the $250 systems are equal. You do the math.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

I am thinking about getting the 5400 Team Checkpoint Lipo. I am hoping it might make a 20 main if need be. I am hoping the weight wont be a problem.
Might want to be careful about getting the checkpoint lipo. I think its 16C continuous. Personally I use the trakpower 4900 mah lipos cuz they are 20C continuous. I never tried the checkpoints but I was told there is a noticable difference. You should get more runtime but you might not be running the full potential of your brushless system. Also, I have a friend who runs a 5700 kV motor and I run a 6900 kV motor and he probably gets around 18-20 minutes of runtime. I would say I average 12-15 minutes. He also has greater low end punch than I do which is more idea for the tight tracks we run at. Are there even 20 minute electric mains?? I thought those were all nitro races.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thisguy80
Might want to be careful about getting the checkpoint lipo. I think its 16C continuous. Personally I use the trakpower 4900 mah lipos cuz they are 20C continuous. I never tried the checkpoints but I was told there is a noticable difference. You should get more runtime but you might not be running the full potential of your brushless system. Also, I have a friend who runs a 5700 kV motor and I run a 6900 kV motor and he probably gets around 18-20 minutes of runtime. I would say I average 12-15 minutes. He also has greater low end punch than I do which is more idea for the tight tracks we run at. Are there even 20 minute electric mains?? I thought those were all nitro races.
There is no electric but nitro mains. At our track, if there is not enought electric then I will run with the nitro's. What battery would suggest? Would it drop from 20C to 16c because the Teamcheck point has more mah - 4900 to 5400?

Thanks...
Old 03-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by party_wagon
So, people have pretty much told you the $135 system and the $250 systems are equal. You do the math.

well, the $130 system needs the $20 cable if you don't have one already

you need that cable to be able to upload the latest software to the sidewinder, at least the early ones weren't shipping with the latest "smooth" 1.17 software
Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

There is no electric but nitro mains. At our track, if there is not enought electric then I will run with the nitro's. What battery would suggest? Would it drop from 20C to 16c because the Teamcheck point has more mah - 4900 to 5400?

Thanks...
Checkpoints are actually made by trakpower but for some reason they are only spec'd at 16C. I can only guess they have a higher mah rating and lower c rating because they are the same size as the trakpowers. I guess that is the whole give and take thing. They (checkpoints) should give you at least 20 minutes of runtime with the 5700 kV motor. The 4600 kV motor should give you well over 20 minutes with the trakpowers. Maxamps probably makes a higher mah rated lipo but I dont know if they would fit without any modifications. I normally run 5 minute mains so I dont worry much about overall runtime which is why I like the trakpowers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.