Wiki Posts
Search

Help Please Head bolts stripped

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default Help Please Head bolts stripped

I have a os v01b that has the head screws stripped. All of them but one are stripped. Please give me some advise on getting them out!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

If the screw heads are stripped you can take a dremel and cutoff wheel and grind off the screw heads. Then pull head off and studs out.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

thats what I did and it worked. Thanks
Old 07-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation

Mr Tony Montana, was gonna give u a call today but it got too late on me. trying to let u know that I wont me able to buy the K2 like I said I would. I got a good deal on an engine and could not pass it up. So the money went to the new powerplant. Just wanted to let u know in case u get any offers for it. Sorry to back out but I am done spending big money for this season after buying this new engine.

Me and John still going up to pasadena this weekend. See u up there.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:32 AM
Tech Champion

Javier, no problem thanks for letting me know
Old 07-23-2003, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for understanding.

I went up to Waldorf and they had a VZ-B seating pretty on the shelf. Jimmy gave me a good price on it so I jumped. Already started doing the break in and it is running pretty sweet. Gonna keep it as a back up for the State Champ weekend. You going up to Pasadena this sunday?
Old 07-23-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

I have every intensions of making the race
Old 07-24-2003, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

What's up guys?? I was going to make the same post Slobbatech did after I read your post. He beat me to it. I see you got them out, that's cool. Did you get a different head for the 01B???

I can't make it down to Pasadena this weekend. I'm getting 2 teeth pulled Friday morning and don't think I'll be up to racing much over the weekend. We'll see though, you never know. If the pain is any less then it is now, I might make it. On the other hand, I might cruise down to Homers and practice for the nat's. if I feel better.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Also, Javier, how are/did you break in the new VZ-B?? Did you follow Steven Bess's break-in procedure? Whatever you do, don't run it on the box other then to get the heat in it. You don't want to run it rich, make sure the temp comes up as to heat cycle it for a tank. Then throw it on the track, run it alittle rich for a few tanks then lean it for performance. It's good to keep an eye on temps but only for reference.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Greg, I used the heat cycle method(Bess). Weather is kinda meesed up so I dont want to do much needle teaking till I run the engine on the track. If I make it up to pasadena this sunday I will probably try to do some more break-in/tuning after the racing is done if i have the time. Wanna run the V01B that day since it will be the engine I'll use for the MD Champ race. Want to make sure it's tuned correct for the track. Also, are u still running the sliding clutch(Fioroni)? Which set up u liked better on the OS ie 2,4,6 point, black or white shoes?
Old 07-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

I only have a 4 point right now. I'm ordering the 2 point to try out with the Sirio. The 4 point on the Sirio was OK but it lacked the bottom end I want. I liked it but it needs a 2 point. I think the OS worked great with the 4 point. However, the Sirio needs the 2 point. . It should give it more bottom end punch. You know, come in later.

Last edited by GregH; 07-24-2003 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Greg, did u use the carbon four point? Gonna give it a try. I can get the shoes locally but need to find the flywheel for it.
Old 07-26-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tony Montana

U going up to pasadena or are u gonna keep running away scared
Old 07-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eltorito
Greg, did u use the carbon four point? Gonna give it a try. I can get the shoes locally but need to find the flywheel for it.
There the black shoes. HT in Frederick has both flywheels in stock. They don't have the 2 points. Need to order some. I dout I'll make it to the state race. I'm not prepared. Plus I ran the car today at a friends track and it glitched bad whenever the RPM would be up. I'm thinking a servo or the receiver. I want to do more testing for the nats at Homers with the B4 so I'll probably use that weekend to do so.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

scared? please come on lol!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.