Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E crt .5

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had an E-CRT.5 for over a year now and did a lot of motor research. The best resource is RCMonster for this particular topic. While I did my motor research there were other conversions trying to use the 7700 and they had serious heat issues. A few felt even the much milder 5700 got too hot, but I'm sure some depends on gearing. In the end I decided to test a Novak GTB/6.5 combo that I already had. It worked really well at my indoor track and I'm still using it. It is fast, but does not have the insane speeds that some prefer and struggles to make the big triple out of a corner.

With that being said when I get a new system for this car it will be a Mamba Max and either a Medusa or Fiegao motor. With the Medusa I'd go with a 50mm can and with the Fiegao I'd use an "S" can, but many use the bigger "L" can. The Medusa is about $100 and the Fiegaos are about $50.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I've decided to sell my Pro (not RTR) CRT.5 electric conversion if anyone is interested.

I could sell just the conversion for $70 (comes with an extra plastic Kyosho spur gear and correct pinion). Or the whole car for $250 which includes unused/new gas parts like the pipe, clutch, gas tank, etc. (plus shipping). I am keeping the battery, GTB and motor. So this is a roller with a nice servo. My car is setup nice with the proper springs that make this awesome!!

The pix in red are when it was brand new. It's been used since then, but the car as a whole is in awesome shape!! PM if interested to buy.

As for all the talk above, I've decided a Novak GTB and 4.5 is a pretty nice combo for this car. It makes it smooth and the heat is very managable too.
Attached Thumbnails E crt .5-smaller-crt-pic-4.jpg   E crt .5-smaller-ofna-003.jpg   E crt .5-smaller-crt.5-red.jpg  
Old 07-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I decided to put in my VXL system for now, I think I want a MM esc and they're real hard to come across right now. It should run strong enough to race if the low end torque isn't too much to keep it in check. I hope it will run cool enough, I haven't had any issues with the VXL in the past.
Attached Thumbnails E crt .5-img3690xc9.jpg