Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Vs Electric

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr_X
as said before thats a mamba max motor which costs like 80 dollars or less. and the screws are there just for assembly of the motor the casing itself it glued together so you cant take the motor apart. things like that are something you warranty ive never seen a motor break like that before.
Sorry, my mistake. I've only run Novak and LRP brushless, so I assumed the CC motors could be pulled apart like most motors. Either way, my point is that his post comes across as nitro motors are indestructable and electric motors break easily. Like you, I've NEVER seen ANY electric motor shear off it's shaft like that, and I've been racing for 20 years now.. Have I seen plenty of nitro motors go "pop!"??? You betcha.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

the only electric motor ive seen do that was the hv max in 1/8 conversions...
Old 01-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Suspended

Wouldnt a big can Nemesis sensorless be better in a truggy?
I can see a novak in a 1/8 scale buggy, just not a 1/8 truggy.
People have been using a Eflite airplane brushless motor in a truggy due to 640KV.
Lower KV is more power correct?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmaglinger
Lower KV is more power correct?
Sir....you are indeed a tool.

P.S.- electric. 'nuff said.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

don't feed the trolls.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am going to say it is a very fine line between hat is better. Personally i love both.

However it must be said that electric seems to have more and more development as time goes by.

i currently drive electric and love it and my car has the ability to beat nitros so yeah i choose electric basically insane speed are possible with little mods. But ofcourse you gotta know how to drive slowly before you can drive fast electric and nitro alike.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Alot of it also depends on if you want to race 1/8th or 1/10th.

Though they make both in a variety of sizes, usually its 1/8th for nitro and 1/10th for electric.

I perfer electric just for the shear fact its cleaner, much quiter, and the tires / wheels are a heck of a lot cheaper.

Though electric you have to buy batteries, for nitro you have to buy bump boxes and batteries fuel, ect.

It honestly is what you feel like wheeling. They are both great in there own right.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Electrics are great fast off the start will leave most nitros behind, less mess and no tinkering with any adjustments. the down is you must recharge the batteries. I still preferr to have a Nitro around because it's still the next best thing to a real car.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroaders
Electrics are great fast off the start will leave most nitros behind, less mess and no tinkering with any adjustments. the down is you must recharge the batteries. I still preferr to have a Nitro around because it's still the next best thing to a real car.
Charging the batteries are not as bad as they once were. I have a couple of 6000mah lipos, and with a mod brushless motor, I usually get 45 minute full power runtimes, consistantly. Lipos also hold there chagre for a very long time when not in use.

Personally I take 2 batteries to the track and usually leave long before the second one is out of its charge. I re charge them at home, that night while cleaning my buggies and putting my rc stuff away and they are ready for the next weekend.

Times are changing for electric, so its not as bad as it once was.

If it were back in the day with 1700mah packs and 8 to 10 minute runs, I would have agreed with you 100%