Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20 Minute Electric Main Li-Po Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paul_67
They have a similar class called Brushless Truck that runs long mains. I'm not sure how long the mains are, but I think they are 15-20 minutes.
15 minute main for brushless truck in the Electric Pro Series and if you go to the Nitro Pro Series race the main is 30 minutes long racing electric with the gas trucks.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Anybody else racing in either one of the Pro Series Electric or Nitro with they're Electric trucks????

Avon Park, FL this weekend with the Pro Series Nitro racing with the gas trucks.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

How do they plan figuring how often electrics have to pit? I would hope that if they do it by an average then they can average the amount of time between the pits in the main instead of the overall average. 7 minutes to pit averaged w/ 18 minutes to pit would be a bit of a disadvantage if you are running in the a where every nitro will be able to run 15-20 minutes b4 a pit stop. I guess that another way to do it is that you have to pit for every time the last person to pit pits.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Now an E-firestorm would be perfect for long 20 min mains.

I do plan on jumping on the Electric truck bandwagon with HPI, not Tamiya
or Associated why? Because B-mag wants to run something different for a change.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

you may get your chance with some other vehicles coming too. Kyosho has something on the way, and I wouldn't be suprised to see academy get something out too.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

I just got my e-firestorm in the mail 2day. The shock towers & arms make my xxx-ts arms look like twigs. Not to mention the plastic is soft like losis ea3 plastic. The only parts that I think I'll ever have to replace are the front arms. The truck will need new shocks(I think I'm going to snag some off my losi instead of spending $100 for a set of their shocks). It will also need a set of alum. pivots(the one known weakness of the truck). However, I haven't seen any rear alum. pivots yet.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by party_wagon
How do they plan figuring how often electrics have to pit? I would hope that if they do it by an average then they can average the amount of time between the pits in the main instead of the overall average. 7 minutes to pit averaged w/ 18 minutes to pit would be a bit of a disadvantage if you are running in the a where every nitro will be able to run 15-20 minutes b4 a pit stop. I guess that another way to do it is that you have to pit for every time the last person to pit pits.
Carlton Eppes who is the owner of the Pro Series and I were talking about that today at the track.I told him the most fair way to do it for everybody and he would not even need to tech fuel tanks for the gas trucks and that was to have everybody stop every 7 1/2 minutes to make it totally fair for all.

I think he is going to get an average fuel run of all the gas trucks and make us either do a stop for a 5 seconds or have a pit man to put on the rail and back on pit road. Now if the electric has to make a battery swap there is no pit stop requirement.

My friend is using 12000 mah batteries in his 1/10th truck and PMT E-Revo. I made a 38 minute run today with battery left over with a 7.5 motor and 8000 mah li-po. The track here in Avon Park is a pretty big track built for 1/8th scales!
Old 03-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

I would think that a system like that would lead to alot of pileups as cars leave the pitstop. Supose the leaders pit man is half a second slower then cars 2 & 3's pit man. This would result in the leaders pit man dropping the leaders car on top of car number 2 & 3. Something else to consider is that I highly doubt that anyone that makes the a,b, or c main w/ a nitro will need to pit more then once in a 30 minute main. If I was running things then I would set up the K-D mains @ 7 minutes(.15 rtrs run time) & then the cars in mains that are longer then 15 minutes are required to take just one pit stop. I would expect that if you were to make the b or c main then you should be able to get 15 minutes of run time out of your mill since you normally know what your doing if you make the a,b, or c main.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

Here is how the quals and the mains are so you know what they are doing!

RC Pro Series Race at Avon Park, FL

Gas Truck
30 min "A" Main
15 min "B" Main
10 min "C" Main
10 min "D" Main
7 min "Lower" Main
4 qualifiers - 5 minutes each.
12 car mains + 2 Bumps.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

I still think that going by average pit times in the mains is the best way to go & anyone making a main over 7 minutes knows what they are doing & is getting 15+ minutes of run time. I mean, if you make one of those mains w/ a 2wd truck then odds are your truck is capable of running the 30 minute main.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

The only 2 Novak Powered Trucks in the 30 minute main race not only TQed, but dominated the race by finishing 1st and 2nd.

DC Off Road RC Park in Avon Park, FL is big track!

Here is how the pit stops had to be done for the electrics

We had to stop every 8 minutes with the pit guy putting the truck on the rail and back out for a total of 3 pit stops in 30 minutes.

The top 2 trucks

My truck with a Novak GTB and 7.5L motor with no fans and an 8000 mah li-po battery

This track was very big and very rough with the lap times during the main were in the low 60 second range.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Suspended

Very nice Craps thanks for sharing that with us.

which guy is you, the fat guy like me or the skinny guy?

The skinny guys always kick my ass for some reason...I'm not 400lbs but 225.

And another thing...what motor were you running?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bmaglinger
Very nice Craps thanks for sharing that with us.

which guy is you, the fat guy like me or the skinny guy?

The skinny guys always kick my ass for some reason...I'm not 400lbs but 225.

And another thing...what motor were you running?
I'm the healthy looking one!

I'm using the Novak 7.5L motor. The light series motor that Novak came out with last year. The other truck had the same Novak setup with a GTB ESC and 7.5L motor.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I race there every month, I'm a member, 1107 foot run line!

160 foot front!!

I made a mistake last year, first time racing there, did three full 160' burn outs down the front with my T4, which means I had to return 160' each time. Then lined up to race!!!!!!

I had about a 1/2 lap lead on the gas truck when my battery dumped!!!! On the last lap!!! He passed me at the last turn and one of the marshals kicked my T4 across the line to finish.

craps I think I marshaled your truck once during practice! I'm was the guy with the Spektrum hat and camera Sunday.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Suspended

I wonder if a 4wd 1/10 belt drive truck would be legal?

It will be my first time running a 1/10 modified truck at Linton Sunday April 6th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.