20 Minute Electric Main Li-Po Truck Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20 Minute Electric Main Li-Po Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

GT2 quick change axle and dog bones on the rear using the T4 hub carriers and arms that you have to use a round dremel sanding drum on the a arm cross member next to hub carrier to keep it from hitting the axle to dogbone cvd.

GT2 from camber blocks, steering blocks, a arms and shock tower.

I recommend highly to use all plastic parts including chassis and bulkheads that I also recommend highly boiling all the plastic parts for 15 minutes that will make them more durable and will give the T4 more rear bite on slick tracks by the increased flexibility of the parts.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Just ran my maxamps 6000 in the T4 last weekend. Was nice having the same power for the whole race. It fit in the truck better than I expected, better than my 3800's actually. On the balancer tap I cut the little locker tab off b/c that sucker was a pain in the butt to get the two plugs apart. Slides in and out nicely now.

Are the maxamps batts roar legal?
Old 03-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Craps- Have you seen anyone run the Speed Passion ESC/motor combo in Pro Truck?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

maxamps softcased lipos are not ROAR legal. They do make a hardcased weighted 5000mah lipo that should be roar legal I believe, at least when testing is finished. If you go to ROARs site, they have a listing on what is currently legal.

For RC Pro Series, I haven't seen any rule about hardcased lipos, so you shoudl be set in that area.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Someone may certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that the results are back yet on the ROAR approval of the maxamps packs with the optional wrap. I did order mine with the extra protection, but it will most likely be next week before I receive them. I will be sure and post feedback once my testing is complete.

Also- I test fit the GT2 rear arms on my T4 tonight and they can easily be made to work, however you would be sacrificing some of the track width. The pros vs. the cons are not worth it for my combination.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

My belief was based on maxamps development of a hardcased lipo (ie- not skinz) as well as some discussion with reps at maxamps. It may be true that the skins maxamps equipped packs are still being reviewed, not sure.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I understand your info Cain. I didn't realize that maxamps had a genuine hard case pack in the works. I recently ordered 2 of the 8000mah packs with the optional "wraps" factory installed. Most likely I won't be running any races that will require a true hard case. Thanks for the headsup.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Just ran my maxamps 6000 in the T4 last weekend. Was nice having the same power for the whole race. It fit in the truck better than I expected, better than my 3800's actually. On the balancer tap I cut the little locker tab off b/c that sucker was a pain in the butt to get the two plugs apart. Slides in and out nicely now.

Are the maxamps batts roar legal?
Are you getting a full 20min from the 6k?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Also- I test fit the GT2 rear arms on my T4 tonight and they can easily be made to work, however you would be sacrificing some of the track width. The pros vs. the cons are not worth it for my combination.

Yea, I noticed the GT2 arms are shorter. I haven't had the chance to run the truck with them on yet...Wisconsin winter....I'm curious as to how it will handle and if it is worth it for me either.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bread
Are you getting a full 20min from the 6k?
I never ran it that long to find out. On a track where I averaged 22 second laps I would use 900mah in a five minute heat with one or two warmup laps. Was running a gtb/6.5 in a T4, but I did have the throttle epa limited down to 120 from 140. I don't have a voltage cutoff yet so I won't be checking the runtime anytime soon. Judging by those numbers though it wouldn't have any problems going 20 minutes on that particular track. When I get outdoors I'll have to check the numbers again.

I got the skinz on my batt too. I won't be running anywhere where I need roar approval either, really just wondered if the skinz was considered a hard case. I'll check the roar site later in the week.

Maxamps sent me a thank-you postcard and sticker the following week also. I thought that was pretty cool of them.
: )
Old 03-07-2008, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KyLayfield
Craps- Have you seen anyone run the Speed Passion ESC/motor combo in Pro Truck?
No! Never heard of that brand.

I perfer to stick with Novak products that is a proven winner and hard to beat!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
maxamps softcased lipos are not ROAR legal. They do make a hardcased weighted 5000mah lipo that should be roar legal I believe, at least when testing is finished. If you go to ROARs site, they have a listing on what is currently legal.

For RC Pro Series, I haven't seen any rule about hardcased lipos, so you shoudl be set in that area.
ROAR will not approve the soft sided li-pos at this time even though they were used in the Li-po Brushless Truck Class Exhibition Race at the Nats last year.

The RC Pro Series is a little more open with the rules and the soft sided batteries in a stadium truck is legal in the RC Pro Series. Been using them for over 4 years in stadium trucks not having 1 problem nor seeing any problems with others using them during that time.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I'm still wondering when a company will release a race bread li//bl pro truck. Alot of these trucks have stock racing in mind when they are released so they have to be super effecient. I want to see some one put out a truck that will survive like an xb8.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:04 AM
PW
Tech Elite

I haven't read all the pages here so I'm sorry if there is more to your discussion; but I noticed you guys are making some major changes for the quick-change rear axles. AE actually makes a simple conversion for this so you can keep all the stock parts.

http://rc10.com/newprod/2006/7988.htm
Old 03-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PW
I haven't read all the pages here so I'm sorry if there is more to your discussion; but I noticed you guys are making some major changes for the quick-change rear axles. AE actually makes a simple conversion for this so you can keep all the stock parts.

http://rc10.com/newprod/2006/7988.htm
The GT2 QC axle and dogbone is stronger that you can use a retainer ring on the CVD to keep the pin in it for long races these have loosened up and came out breaking the dogbone cup. The cup is on the axle with the GT2 and is bigger, so a little dremeling on the T4 a arm cross member is needed to keep it from hitting it.

Using the GT2 QC axle and dogbone veruses the T4 QC conversion is only a duriblity issue!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.