R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Turmoil Setup (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/163206-turmoil-setup.html)

sheetmetal2 05-13-2007 09:46 PM

Turmoil Setup

Brand new to 1/8 scale. We have run a elec trouring car and 10th scale gas truck. Got a new turmoil buggy and I am wondering what to run for a setup right now it is right out of the box. Is this a good starting point or is there something I should change? I have read alittle about tuning with diff oils. Can anyone shed any light on this or is this something I don't need to worry about for some time? Any help is appreciated.

party_wagon 05-14-2007 07:36 AM

You will need to go through the entire car. Any screw that is in metal needs to be blue thread locked. Any screw that is in plastic needs a dab of ca. Then go and break in your motor. This will also allow your diffs to break in at the same time. Once your motor is broken in pull the diffs out of the car and completely clean them out. For a setup I would start with this right here. This is a great setup. If you are on a smoother track then I would switch to like a 7 in the middle.

front shocks 45 wt Losi and grey springs
outer hole on the arm and middle hole on the upper row on the tower
Maximum caster
2 deg. camber
2 deg. toe out
center hole on the ackerman bar
Stock 2.2mm (black) sway bar
bones level

rear 35 wt Losi with Xray white springs (just a bit softer than the SW reds)
outer hole on the arm and middle hole on the lower row on the tower
0 rear anti-squat
3 deg rear toe
2 deg. camber
soft 2.5mm (Gold) sway bar
bones level
5,5,3 in the diffs

sheetmetal2 05-17-2007 05:58 AM

set up

Thanks alot

gasser 05-17-2007 08:45 AM

Hey I have seen that set-up before! LOL ;)

FroBoy 05-17-2007 09:37 PM

I guess I like my car a little stiffer...

For my starting setup I run 50 wt oil in the front, with Thunder Tiger red springs. Middle shock position on the tower and inner position on the arm. Unscrew the shock end two turns. Caster all the way back.

Middle hole on the ackerman. Also, make sure your steering servo is in the upright mount, not laydown.

40wt in the back, X-ray white springs... ( I also like Mugen Grays, too. depends on how bumpy the track is.) I also drilled out the pistons to make them a little bit larger, don't know exact size...just a little larger. Outer top shock position on the tower, outer position on the arm.

Hubs centered, 1.5 degree of anti squat. Camber link position inner lower position on the tower, inner hole on the hub.

2 degrees of camber all the way around, if you're catching ruts try a little more camber on the front. I also run about 2 degrees of toe out. Also, keep your ride height slightly above arms level front and back.

As far as the diff oil goes. I start at 5,7,3, if the track is slick I go to 5 in the middle and 2 in the back.