Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revo Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Revo Help

I havent used my revo in a while and this afternoon i went to take it out for a run but the problem was that it wouldnt get and fuel from the furl tank to the engine. I dont know what to do i tried changing the fuel line around, priming the engine and playiing with the throttle while trying to get it to start. Please help me I need to know what to do. And also can i cut the fuel line to make it shorter? or is it long for a reason.

Thanks for the help,
Mike
Old 03-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Mike inspect your fuel tubing carefully for a hole or tear, it sounds like you have a air leak, more times than not its in the fuel tubing. You can also check the O-ring on your fuel tank lid, if the fuel tank lid isnt closed all the way or the O-ring looks dry and brittle you need to replace it. As far as cutting the fuel tubing shorter, thats fine, they run them long for racing, racers want every last drop of fuel they can get, so by running longer fuel tubing gives them a little bit longer run time.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

your better off keeping it the stock length because it will let the truck idle longer when u flip. did you try taking the air filter off and covering the carb with your finger to keep air from getting into the engine for a second? that gives it more compression for a second. also try pinching the tube for a second untill you see the fuel move. try checking all your seals too. both on the engine, filter, and tank.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

also your oring under side of fill cap on the tank may have dried out as well. also your tank may be split. replace your pressure line too.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

pull the fuel line from teh carb, and point it away from truck, pull fuel line from exhaust and place between your lips and blow fuel through, it sounds like the fuel is gelled in the lines. Or just replace your fuel line with fresh ( good idea). You want to keep about a foot of fuel line between your carb and tank, this helps you keep running when upside down as said before. make sure the carb opens and closes correctly as well.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks heaps guys, im gonna check the fuel line now
Old 03-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Tech Rookie

I just went and checked, i took the line off of the exahust and the carbie and when i blew the fuel went strait through like a dream, but when i tried to start it no fuel flowed through. What is goin on? i want to drive my car so bad its starting to upset me.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

the motor is leaking air somewhere most likely. check your air filter and the black piece that conects it to the carb. make sure there isnt a hole in it anywhere. also make sure the carb isnt lose or anything. make sure the backplate screws and the cooling head screws are all tight too. try that. and like i said before. try taking the filter off and covering the hole wit hyour finger so no air gets into the engine. then a little fuel should start to move even if there is a hole in the filter.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks heaps, ill try all of that