Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Anyone got any idea regarding this engine? >

Anyone got any idea regarding this engine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone got any idea regarding this engine?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default Anyone got any idea regarding this engine?

Hi guys, anyone have any idea what GO Technologies .21 engines are? Where are they made? Thanks
Old 08-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

yes they are a malaysian made engine that will be taking over the world, i believe they have already locked up u.s., australian and europe distributors and should be hitting the market within a couple of months.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rocket42
yes they are a malaysian made engine that will be taking over the world, i believe they have already locked up u.s., australian and europe distributors and should be hitting the market within a couple of months.
Cool..thanks for the reply dude...i saw it at an online malaysian store but didnt know where is it made..thanks again...
Old 08-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
Cool..thanks for the reply dude...i saw it at an online malaysian store but didnt know where is it made..thanks again...
hi. i saw them here for about $270AUD ($200usd) at that price i dont think they'll sell many. i think they need to price them at the STS price range. how much did you see them for?
Old 08-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

these engines are on par with italian engines and japanese engines, o.s. sells the vspec for 299 usd, and most italian engines are easily over the $250usd mark. you can not compare these engines with sts. not that sts is a bad engine i think there great but these engines are going to mark a new level of durability and performance for whats considered chinese made engines. i think that is a great price and if you can get them for that you should pick one up before the price goes up, you won't be dissappointed.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

these engines are on par with italian engines and japanese engines, o.s. sells the vspec for 299 usd, and most italian engines are easily over the $250usd mark. you can not compare these engines with sts. not that sts is a bad engine i think there great but these engines are going to mark a new level of durability and performance for whats considered chinese made engines. i think that is a great price and if you can get them for that you should pick one up before the price goes up, you won't be dissappointed.
sorry but we get the os here for about $210USD. ($295UAD), i'm not sure where you get $299USD from?

and you said "chinese made engine" - comes that is a stigma that it is crap. so i was saying it needs to be priced accordingly. with the wide range of engines available right now, i know $270UD for a GO engine is not going to tempt me at all.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

well i am not 100% sure how that works but the o.s. v-spec is around $299 dollars here in the u.s.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6008

and yes chinese made engines have a stigma about being crap what i was saying is that this engine is going to break that stigma. its durability and quality is on par with the italian engines.

i don't know what they will be priced at in europe of the u.s. as they are not out yet, but if the australian distributor feels that $25uad less than a o.s. engine is where they need to be priced than they must feel that the performance is right up there with the o.s., you seem like these engines won't tempt you becuase of the price, but price doesn't stop people from buying rossi or o.s. engines, why because there proven. give the go engine a chance to prove itself before you bash it. if it can't compare with the more expensive engines than oh well they won't sell and will go out of business. but if it proves to be better than the o.s. for less than it will be a good deal.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

. give the go engine a chance to prove itself before you bash it. .
i'm not bashing it. are you selling them? seems like you want to promote it?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Well if it's malaysian made then it'll be easy for me to get cos Singapore is pretty close to Malaysia..but so far the engines not really be proven yet..i'll just have to wait and see...
Old 08-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

I manage to find their website http://www.nagateamracing.com/

They are Taiwan made engines.....