R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Which OS .12 for AE GT2? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/118229-os-12-ae-gt2.html)

Jasonchi 06-17-2006 07:55 PM

Which OS .12 for AE GT2?

I'm getting into Nitro racing, and have a GT2 on the way. base on the spec on on AE site, the new GT2 will run on SG Crank, Rear exhaust.

My understanding also is rotary carb is the one to get for off road racing. So which OS should I get. All the Rotary carb model run standard shaft, and all SG shafts runs on Slide carb. Whats up with that?

or am I misssing something?

btw, I'm looking at the TZ model.

ProudSavageOwnr 06-17-2006 08:50 PM

there isnt any difference in the carbs.....they all work dude...

maybe u can get a diff carb at the time of purchase...at my lhs i bought an engine and they swapped the carb for me

strain Fiend 06-17-2006 09:30 PM

gt2 not due out till mid august!

dood where u getting a gt2 from??? its not out till mid august *at least thats what associated says online*! i got my tc4 and xxxntad1 up for sale trying to get one

i put an OS 10E carb on a RBx12 engine and it works awesome, rotary carbs are the way to go im sure youlll find a rotary motor that suits your motor needs....ninja motors from mugen look sick!!

Jasonchi 06-18-2006 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by strain Fiend
dood where u getting a gt2 from??? its not out till mid august *at least thats what associated says online*! i got my tc4 and xxxntad1 up for sale trying to get one

i put an OS 10E carb on a RBx12 engine and it works awesome, rotary carbs are the way to go im sure youlll find a rotary motor that suits your motor needs....ninja motors from mugen look sick!!

sorry my org. post might be a little misleading. I meant to say my LHS ordered the truck. No one knows when they'll arrive yet...

back to the issue... So there is no different in term of engine powerband? assuming when are the same brand... I would think that a engine designed for offroad would have more low-end.

tony montana 06-18-2006 05:59 AM

os .12 cvr

TeamCarnage 06-18-2006 01:03 PM

CVR

I was thinking the same thing. TZs great in my touring car tho!

party_wagon 06-18-2006 02:30 PM

Engines for off road actualy have less low end. A well setup truck can carry a lot of speed through corners, but when you are accelerating from a standstill you need to baby it untill the weight of the car has shifted to the rear of the car before you realy get on the throtle. The .12 cvr is the way to go. It will give you enough power to pull wheelies down most of the track and yet it won't be uncontrollable power on a low traction track. If you are running on a track that features 200+ft. straights then the new drake platinum editions may be the way to go. They have a powerband similar to the cv-r, but they rev a lot higher. I have been running with nothing but an o.s. cv and have been very fast on a smaller track just because it's all I need on the track.