R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-17-2006, 08:55 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Which OS .12 for AE GT2?

I'm getting into Nitro racing, and have a GT2 on the way. base on the spec on on AE site, the new GT2 will run on SG Crank, Rear exhaust.

My understanding also is rotary carb is the one to get for off road racing. So which OS should I get. All the Rotary carb model run standard shaft, and all SG shafts runs on Slide carb. Whats up with that?

or am I misssing something?

btw, I'm looking at the TZ model.
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr

there isnt any difference in the carbs.....they all work dude...

maybe u can get a diff carb at the time of purchase...at my lhs i bought an engine and they swapped the carb for me
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Default gt2 not due out till mid august!

dood where u getting a gt2 from??? its not out till mid august *at least thats what associated says online*! i got my tc4 and xxxntad1 up for sale trying to get one

i put an OS 10E carb on a RBx12 engine and it works awesome, rotary carbs are the way to go im sure youlll find a rotary motor that suits your motor needs....ninja motors from mugen look sick!!
strain Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:15 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by strain Fiend
dood where u getting a gt2 from??? its not out till mid august *at least thats what associated says online*! i got my tc4 and xxxntad1 up for sale trying to get one

i put an OS 10E carb on a RBx12 engine and it works awesome, rotary carbs are the way to go im sure youlll find a rotary motor that suits your motor needs....ninja motors from mugen look sick!!
sorry my org. post might be a little misleading. I meant to say my LHS ordered the truck. No one knows when they'll arrive yet...

back to the issue... So there is no different in term of engine powerband? assuming when are the same brand... I would think that a engine designed for offroad would have more low-end.
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:59 AM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

os .12 cvr
Old 06-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default CVR

I was thinking the same thing. TZs great in my touring car tho!
977 EVO2, Matrix tires, Picco power.
Please drive responsibly
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Engines for off road actualy have less low end. A well setup truck can carry a lot of speed through corners, but when you are accelerating from a standstill you need to baby it untill the weight of the car has shifted to the rear of the car before you realy get on the throtle. The .12 cvr is the way to go. It will give you enough power to pull wheelies down most of the track and yet it won't be uncontrollable power on a low traction track. If you are running on a track that features 200+ft. straights then the new drake platinum editions may be the way to go. They have a powerband similar to the cv-r, but they rev a lot higher. I have been running with nothing but an o.s. cv and have been very fast on a smaller track just because it's all I need on the track.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote