• 2 Post By St. George
  • 1 Post By elk

Tamiya King Cab Tribute

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2023, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Tamiya King Cab Tribute

Since a re-release of the King Cab does not seem to be forthcoming, I decided to make my own version. When Proline released their 1987 Nissan Hardbody shell awhile back, I was overcome with a nerdy sense of nostalgia stemming from a yellow King Cab featured way back in April 1991 in a special RC truck edition of RC Car Action Magazine. I took a Stampede and made an extended chassis out of aluminum to get a 313mm wheelbase to accommodate the body.

petersen114 and elk like this.
Old 05-28-2023, 05:42 AM
elk
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

This may be a better one for the Monster Truck forum. With that said, nice job reliving that 90's truck image. The truck looks great and the modified Stampede is an ingenious solution to the wheelbase problem. Its funny that your mind went to the King Cab first where mine went to the Tyco Bandit. I found replica Bandit decals and would like to work this body onto the current generation of Kyosho Rampage.
St. George likes this.
Old 05-28-2023, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I guess the King Cab is classified as a monster truck but I've always thought of it as a proto-stadium truck. I'm glad you brought up the Tyco Bandit, it's what got me interested in RC after my friend got one for Christmas. I'd love to see a Bandit scheme on a Kyosho Rampage. I've thought about getting one of those, they look incredible. I think you'd have to reduce the wheelbase a bit but the solid rear axle with motor attached configuration is a lot like the Bandit!